By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you voted for a new moderator, who would it be?

Carl2291 said:
pezus said:
Deyon said:
CGI-Quality
Hynad
marucha
Kresnik

Whoops, I forgot to list Deyon

Why don't we ever vote for new mods? Sounds like a decent idea. Especially if we only allow members with some experience to vote.

Very silly idea.

Define "experience". You cant. You cant base it on post count and you cant base it on time here.

Also, there would be countless fans of all camps voting with an agenda rather than for the greater good. You know how there are complaints Monthly that the mods are biased against Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo? Imagine giving these people a vote. Imagine it.

Its best left up to Axum, Kantie and the rest of the team.

I agree, the less input the community gives, the fairer the mod team will be.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Very silly idea.

Define "experience". You cant. You cant base it on post count and you cant base it on time here.

Also, there would be countless fans of all camps voting with an agenda rather than for the greater good. You know how there are complaints Monthly that the mods are biased against Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo? Imagine giving these people a vote. Imagine it.

Experience should be based on the number of characters they've typed on this site divided by the number of posts they've made multiplied by their love for me.

pezus said:
Carl2291 said:
pezus said:
Deyon said:
CGI-Quality
Hynad
marucha
Kresnik

Why don't we ever vote for new mods? Sounds like a decent idea. Especially if we only allow members with some experience to vote.

Very silly idea.

I nominate myself to judge their experience. My judgment will be based on a very complex formula that includes post count, off-topic threads created, points, placement in greatest user tournaments, number of moderations and how many times spurge has posted on their wall.

Does the winner have a Batman avatar?

Carl2291 said:
pezus said:
Carl2291 said:
pezus said:
Deyon said:
CGI-Quality
Hynad
marucha
Kresnik

Very silly idea.

I nominate myself to judge their experience. My judgment will be based on a very complex formula that includes post count, off-topic threads created, points, placement in greatest user tournaments, number of moderations and how many times spurge has posted on their wall.

Does the winner have a Batman avatar?

Isn't it obvious? He has excluded from the equation that getting Rol'ed deducts points for a reason.

kowenicki so the microsoft threads might be less infested with trolls

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
chapset said:
kowenicki so the microsoft threads might be less infested with trolls

you serious ? lol

want to give moderation powers to a xbox fan give it to yojohn and not a guy that hates sony fanbase.

this is the reason users cant vote  !!!

yojohn is too soft, kowenicki would clean the xbox forum in one day, all the Sony fans posting there would be banned lol

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Qualities of a good mod:

Hold their composure even when provoked.
Separate their personal predilections from their duties.
Approach a conflict with impartiality Even against friends.
Display leadership, earn trust and respect prior to becoming a mod.
Display humility. Acknowledge faults and failures rather than desperately make excuses.
Communication and delegation.
Responds favorably to criticism.

The rEVOLution is not being televised