By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Haven't Bought a Wii U, Why Not?

Why Don't You Own A Wii U?

I'm not a Nintendo fan. 57 10.40%

Not enough games yet. 94 17.15%

I don't have enough money. 43 7.85%

Waiting for a price cut. 32 5.84%

Waiting for a Zelda/Metroid/etc.. 38 6.93%

I'm not a console gamer. 4 0.73%

The GamePad doesn't interest me. 46 8.39%

Dunno... 7 1.28%

I already own one. 146 26.64%

Not powerful enough. 80 14.60%

Total:547

i preordered it but cancelled the preorder because i wasn't really interested in the games it had. pikmin is the first game which really interest me. i think i will maybe buy one with a new zelda and maybe a 3d mario or something like wave race

but that's just a theory, no clue how much time i will invest in one of the other two next gen consoles (i'm sure i will buy at least one at release or short after) and if i find enough time to play also on wii u then. that was also the reason why i didn't own a wii this gen even when i really like some nintendo games like zelda.

Around the Network

I was unemployed for a few weeks and was saving every penny to ensure that my job search was not a rushed one, now that I got another job I will be buying the console on July when a friend of mine travels back to my country and can bring it to me.

I plan to buy ZombiU bundle, Need for Speed and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (if available)

1. I'm too poor.
2. There aren't nearly enough games to justify the pricetag(yet)
3. PC FTW! WOOOO!!!!

Simple: games, games, games. There are no games currently out that warrant the purchase of a $350 console. Of the upcoming games already officially announced, only Pikmin 3 interests me, and that should have been a launch title, not delayed by nearly a year.

And let's not even get started on the Wii U's 3rd party situation. Mario and Zelda alone won't be enough to carry the Wii U throughout the duration of its life span... that ship sailed way back during the GC days.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I'm not in any hurry to get one. I don't play THAT many games, so the 3DS and my Wii back catalogue will keep me occupied until the Wii U gets Zelda or Smash Bros and the purchase becomes a necessity.

Around the Network

Needs a big price drop, and more games.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I don't have time to play for hours upon hours, so the lack of a million games isn't an issue for me. I bought the Black console with Nintendo Land and the retailer threw in Tekken Tag 2 for free. Same day bought Zombie U and Need for Speed and that (along with a couple of E Shop downloads) is a TON of gaming IMO. Seriously how many bloody FPS can you be bothered playing?
I totally agree that without 3rd party support the console will struggle to sell as much as Nintendo would have liked, but I have more gaming right there then I have time for....
And I love the new controller combined with the use of all my old wii controllers, and playing 5 player games when friends are over has been great fun. And as a 360/PS3 owner I can honestly say that the visuals on Need for Speed are superior to anything on those consoles, and it's early days in Wii U's life. They may have over 8 million sold before PS4 and that is no small number....

It's simple really. Only the truest of hardcore Nintendo fans went out and bought a Wii U with several games for it already. Either that, or they are made out of money and can buy whatever they want with no remorse.

I'll get a Wii U when the price drops significantly and with more games to choose from, like a normal Nintendo fan. And seriously, I don't need more games at the moment to add to my already immense backlog. >_>

My reasons are actually quite simple: My younger brothers and I are waiting for a holiday so we can combine our shopping money and buy one. Secondly, prices are hiked in my country (Nigeria) so we'll probably buy one when we go for holidays overseas. Really, those are the two major reasons. The third, more minor reason is the fact that we're all so busy, we've barely been able to play all the games on our Wii, 3DS's and PS3 yet anyway. We have 2 Wiis, a PS3, each of us has a 3DS and I personally would prefer to get a 360 with Kinect before getting the Wii U, but my brothers want a Wii U first.
So I guess it's really just price and the fact that I already have too many games on my hands now.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Mythmaker1 said:

I've heard different things from different people about why the Wii U is having such a rough time, many of them contradictory and few with any real substance to back them up. So I wanted to toss the question out there.

Not why and how the Wii U is/isn't selling, but why you have/haven't bought one. Not enough games? Too expensive? Just not interested?

And if you HAVE bought a Wii U, what was the deciding factor?

Edit: Poll fixed now.

Because there is absolutely NO reason to buy it now:

-No games

-No Blu Ray or DVD

-No HDD

-Higher Price

-Worse Online

-Same Graphics as PS360

I can't figure out what people are buying them for now...