By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Haven't Bought a Wii U, Why Not?

Why Don't You Own A Wii U?

I'm not a Nintendo fan. 57 10.40%

Not enough games yet. 94 17.15%

I don't have enough money. 43 7.85%

Waiting for a price cut. 32 5.84%

Waiting for a Zelda/Metroid/etc.. 38 6.93%

I'm not a console gamer. 4 0.73%

The GamePad doesn't interest me. 46 8.39%

Dunno... 7 1.28%

I already own one. 146 26.64%

Not powerful enough. 80 14.60%

Total:547

I bought a Wii U just a few days ago, it was a quite good offer. I bought it for 198 Euro. This price is really reasonable in my opinion and the good games for it are already on the horizon. Till pikmin 3, the new 3d mario and other awesome games come out I will spend my time with the good games which are already out zombi u, New Mario U and monster Hunter 3.

The Wii U situation sure will get way better in a few month, it only needs the right games and they will come.

Around the Network

lol yeah it was kinda funny but fucking annoying, i had been with them for over 6 months and was good friends but when i started defending Kojima-san it was all like Sony fanboy get the fuck out

Not enough games or not enough games and price. I wouldn't mind buying one for a few games I'm actually interested in for a reasonable price, but seeing that it's not going to be my multiconsole system, the price is also way too high.

Currently, I'm interested in Super Mario Bros U, Super Smash Bros, and Xenoblade. Two of the games aren't even out yet and one, maybe both, of the others isn't releasing until atleast 2014.

If Nintendo announced they're taking down software updates for backwards compatibility unless the Wii U was purchased and online before "x" date, I'd buy a Wii U sooner, though. The convenience would be worth it, even though it'd be an extremely dick move since Wii U bc is 100% software bc.

ktay95 said:
lol yeah it was kinda funny but fucking annoying, i had been with them for over 6 months and was good friends but when i started defending Kojima-san it was all like Sony fanboy get the fuck out

All fanboys are the same. Not kidding. - They also throw all logic out the window. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Probably caving in a week after my birthday, which would allow me to buy Pikmin 3

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

I want to know the 50 people who said not powerful enough? Did you buy a gamecube or a n64 as they were more powerful than their competitors?

pezus said:
Desertghost said:

I haven't bought a Wii U because there is no real reason to buy one, Not even if your a Nintendo fan. If you are, why would you? For New Super Mario U, Nintendo Land? Are those little casual tittles really worth it? Everything else you can get it for the less expensive, better established, wider library of PS360.

Anyone who has bought a Wii U so far is a:

1)Hardcore Nintendo fan.

2)A kid that dosen't know any better.

3) Someone who was attracted by the Wii lagacy.

And IMO if it wheren't for that Wii Legacy, the Wii U would be selling even less.

The better question for a post would be: "If You Have Bought a Wii U, Why?"

That's a good idea. Because, if you bought it for the promise of future games why didn't you just wait for them? The price will potentially be lower by then too

I'm almost 200 hours into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, with all the backlogs I have on the Wii, PS3, and PC ATM(I also still haven't finished ZombiU, and no time yet to 100% NSMBU, and some other shit too), I chose that game on Wii U over the rest :P So it's pretty worthwhile so far, Nano Assault and Mighty Switch Force are also really fun eShop games, those are the only 2 though since they are Nintendo exclusive games that I wanted to try, I'll pick up The Cave on PC eventually. The thing is, if people don't have the Wii U, they wouldn't know what they are missing to start with. How can somebody even bitch about the online interface without explaining it is also really weird(somebody did in this thread, and I'm still waiting for an answer on that one.)

ktay95 said:
i bought mine at launch and somewhat regret it. i mean i love the thing but here in Aus there are some better bundles now. also i barely touch the thing, waiting for q3+4s major titles to hit. however it means i dont have to worry about finding spare cash when all these awesome games start to drop later in the year.
i did have a few friends over on a facebook group too which were all getting it and we were going to play MonHun together but i got kicked out for being a Sony fan so my WiiU is for solo gameplay only now

add me on your friend list, if I see you online I'll hop in and help out like I have been doing with other vgcharters.

All the haters voting the gamepad does not interested them, would sing a different tune if sony or microsoft came up with a rip off, like how they trashed the wiimote and all of a sudden motion controls were the "future".

apart of that, I haven't bought a Wii U because there's not enough appealing software to me and price is too much.

At 199, with Zelda or Animal Crossing or Mario Kart is the type of deal I'm looking for.

No games on my radar yet. I'm done buying hardware for what's been announced or what everyone knows is eventually on the way. I have far too many unplayed titles as is in my back catalog, and I'm not about to buy another platform just so I can buy more games I really don't care about that won't merit more than a weekend of play.
If the next Zelda or Metroid isn't more like Skyward Sword or Other M, then probably when either of those hit retail.