By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If You Haven't Bought a Wii U, Why Not?

Why Don't You Own A Wii U?

I'm not a Nintendo fan. 57 10.40%

Not enough games yet. 94 17.15%

I don't have enough money. 43 7.85%

Waiting for a price cut. 32 5.84%

Waiting for a Zelda/Metroid/etc.. 38 6.93%

I'm not a console gamer. 4 0.73%

The GamePad doesn't interest me. 46 8.39%

Dunno... 7 1.28%

I already own one. 146 26.64%

Not powerful enough. 80 14.60%

Total:547
pezus said:
FrancisNobleman said:
All the haters voting the gamepad does not interested them, would sing a different tune if sony or microsoft came up with a rip off, like how they trashed the wiimote and all of a sudden motion controls were the "future".

apart of that, I haven't bought a Wii U because there's not enough appealing software to me and price is too much.

At 199, with Zelda or Animal Crossing or Mario Kart is the type of deal I'm looking for.

I would reserve judgment until it actually happens (it won't). And I'm pretty sure it was almost exclusively Nintendo fans who kept hammering on motion controllers being the future. 

I still think the Wiimote and the Move are better FPS controllers if the games are built around it without handicaps, just not as good as a mouse, but 100% better than dual analog. I don't care much otherwise since it made Skyward Sword a pain in the ass to play for me(WM+! You are too fucking accurate god damn it!) in my gaming chair even though the game is excellent. Wii Sports Resort was pretty fun though. Kinect is good for like, Dance Central and cardio work outs, but that's about it so far.

Motion Control is no longer the future though, that "future" has been around awhile with the Smart Phones, 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, the Wii U, and up coming systems, the question is how they'll be used. It's not like button controls are perfect in every game since I've played plenty of games that control like pure shit shoved back into a donkey's ass on button controls before too.

Around the Network

i want some new fucking AAA IP...almost all my fav games this gen are new ip

My reason isn't listed.

While I don't think many here would feel the same way, a lot of Wii owners (casuals/women/etc) probably do.

Lack of wiimote support.

Yes, I know wiimotes still work with it - for multiplayer. A few games (CoD) give you the option to use wiimote/nunchuk instead of the gamepad but most do not.

As for the gamepad - I see very little actual value in the second screen and if I want to play HD games with a dual analog, I already have a 360 for that. I would have gotten a WiiU if I could have finally played Assassin's Creed with motion controls and Mass Effect with IR aiming but that was not the case.

Cobretti2 said:
I want to know the 50 people who said not powerful enough? Did you buy a gamecube or a n64 as they were more powerful than their competitors?

I damn sure bought those bad boys!

Nintendo didnt receive this "underpowered" image until the wii came around

dahuman said:
pezus said:
FrancisNobleman said:
All the haters voting the gamepad does not interested them, would sing a different tune if sony or microsoft came up with a rip off, like how they trashed the wiimote and all of a sudden motion controls were the "future".

apart of that, I haven't bought a Wii U because there's not enough appealing software to me and price is too much.

At 199, with Zelda or Animal Crossing or Mario Kart is the type of deal I'm looking for.

I would reserve judgment until it actually happens (it won't). And I'm pretty sure it was almost exclusively Nintendo fans who kept hammering on motion controllers being the future. 

I still think the Wiimote and the Move are better FPS controllers if the games are built around it without handicaps, just not as good as a mouse, but 100% better than dual analog. I don't care much otherwise since it made Skyward Sword a pain in the ass to play for me(WM+! You are too fucking accurate god damn it!) in my gaming chair even though the game is excellent. Wii Sports Resort was pretty fun though. Kinect is good for like, Dance Central and cardio work outs, but that's about it so far.

Motion Control is no longer the future though, that "future" has been around awhile with the Smart Phones, 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, the Wii U, and up coming systems, the question is how they'll be used. It's not like button controls are perfect in every game since I've played plenty of games that control like pure shit shoved back into a donkey's ass on button controls before too.

This is how i feel about motion controls. IMHO there are just too many games out there that do NOT benefit from motion control, so the idea that it was the future has always been laughable to me, especially Kinect. Im just glad Sony and Ninty are going to have to options in the future. If i could use a pointer for an FPS i will.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Cobretti2 said:
I want to know the 50 people who said not powerful enough? Did you buy a gamecube or a n64 as they were more powerful than their competitors?

pretty much this, thats probably a deciding factor why people bought those systems, GC not so much. There was a clear difference between PS1 and N64 and with that difference came games that were not on PS1

No games I want
No guaranteed longevity (low end hardware and lack of 3rd party interest)
No interest in gamepad

oniyide said:
enditall727 said:
Cobretti2 said:

pretty much this, thats probably a deciding factor why people bought those systems, GC not so much. There was a clear difference between PS1 and N64 and with that difference came games that were not on PS1

I wonder if nintendo will ever decide to shake the underpowered image or just keep advancing hardware wise in nintendo land.

Waiting for that new game that was announced by the guys who created xenoblade?

Project X or something like that.

Its not really price anymore..WiiU got a major price cut at one of the retailers in our country ^^

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BloodyRain said:
oniyide said:
enditall727 said:
Cobretti2 said:

I wonder if nintendo will ever decide to shake the underpowered image or just keep advancing hardware wise in nintendo land.

Who knows, they stuck with it cause it worked so well with Wii, but they need the omph that motion controls gave them. They dont have it