By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo not holding traditional E3 press conference this year?

Metrium said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
carlos710 said:
ethomaz said:
Repost from the locked thread.

They have nothing to show at E3... just it.

And anything that they show will be obfuscated by PS4 and Nextbox.

New post but similar from the other thread.

Kinda like how the ps3 failed against the Wii right?

Sony would kill to have a franchise close to one of Nintendo's top 5.

Why should Sony envy them? Because of the quality of gameplay? That is subjective. Because of sells? The top five? Number five is NSMBWii and that franchise's successor already released with the WiiU and it's sells are nothing compared to what its predecesor achieved and it hasn't sold as well as Sony's best franchises, which brings Mario to a new reality, or the reality it has had before the Wii. We will wait and see how the rest of the top five perform when released on the WiiU.

If you think that sells make companies envious of other people's IPs then I guess you feel Nintendo is envious of Activision and Rockstar IPs.

New super Mario bros games are long time sellers. The same way Mario Kart is a long time seller. So far, with less than 4million WiiU sold, they sold over 2.5million NSMBU... That is excelent numbers considering the number of hardware out there. And that game will keep selling during the entirity of WiiU's lifepan. Most like 1 out of every 3 WiiU hardware sale will mean a automatic NSMBU sale. No question that this game will sell over 5million lifetime. It's success is entirely upon the hardware's sucess now, if WiiU sales reach 50mil, their is no doubt in my mind that NSMBU will reach around 15mil.

Exactly!!! I hate when people say it failed because NSMB Wii sold 30m and NSMBU is only at 2m. I dont think it will come close to its predecessor s sales but Mario games have incredible legs and with bundling Im pretty positive it will pass 15m.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Without a big E3 conference, Nintendo are drifting further away from the core market they so desperately wanted with the WiiU, there is no way to spin this positively. The last good Nintendo E3 conference was the 3DS full unveil, the others have been terrible and I know Nintendo Directs appease the Nintendo fans, but they don't have a reach big enough to get to the mass market, E3 would do that.

It doesn't matter that they are on the show floor, they won't be dropping the megatons needed from the show floor, to save the WiiU's image this year they needed to come out all guns blazing at E3 with an insane conference and gameplay trailers and presentations of games that will appeal to multiplatform gamers, with Nintendo Directs, I think that market is crucially lost.

TeddostheFireKing said:

Without a big E3 conference, Nintendo are drifting further away from the core market they so desperately wanted with the WiiU, there is no way to spin this positively. The last good Nintendo E3 conference was the 3DS full unveil, the others have been terrible and I know Nintendo Directs appease the Nintendo fans, but they don't have a reach big enough to get to the mass market, E3 would do that.

It doesn't matter that they are on the show floor, they won't be dropping the megatons needed from the show floor, to save the WiiU's image this year they needed to come out all guns blazing at E3 with an insane conference and gameplay trailers and presentations of games that will appeal to multiplatform gamers, with Nintendo Directs, I think that market is crucially lost.

Nintendo is having a party with themselves like they always do. 

zorg1000 said:
Otakumegane said:
Well then the casuals aren't going to know anything.

Do casuals pay attention to e3?

Yes, because the worlds gaming media go to E3. The "casuals" hear about everything at E3 from this media.

On another note, this is probably the best year to try something different. All Nintendo noise is going to be drowned out by the PS4 and Nextbox noise from the general media.

One thing I think Nintendo could do is make demos available to the public. Give every Wii U/3DS owner a week of Mario 3D. A week of Zelda WW/ALttP2. A week of Mario Kart Wii U.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
zorg1000 said:
Otakumegane said:

Yes, because the worlds gaming media go to E3. The "casuals" hear about everything at E3 from this media.

And u dont think the media will say/show anything about the games they have on the floor

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

incoming super nintendo direct 2 hours long.

Wii U:
3d Mario
Mario Kart
X
bayonetta 2
wonderful 101
more pikman
smash brothers details and screens
zelda game
yoshi yarn
retros game?

3ds
mario party
dream team
new leaf
mario and donkey kong
Zelda game
donkey kong country returns
Retros game?
pokemon x/y
mario golf

those are just the ones off the top of my head and bet there is more. pretty exciting!

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

A few follow-up questions to your post:

Who is Nintendo's fan base?

Why will the inclusion of new hardware from Sony and Microsoft preclude Nintendo from "winning" E3?

Why would Nintendo get "laughed...right off the stage"?

I dont know whats been worse this gen about Microsoft or Nintendo losing E3's. 

[...]

I think you might be exaggerating how well Sony has done and how poorly Microsoft and Nintendo have performed at E3 in the past.

Yes, last year Sony "won" E3, but not by much. The best demo of the Sony presentation (really the best demo of the entire expo) was The Last of Us. That pushed Sony over the top. But I think Nintendo's show has been wildly underrated. Sure it relied a little too much on established IPs and ports, but it showed off Pikmin 3, ZombiU, Lego City, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts, Castlevania, etc. Plus it presented a new philosophy: asymmetrical gameplay.

Microsoft, I'll admit, performed poorly last year.

zorg1000 said:
Carl2291 said:
zorg1000 said:
Otakumegane said:

And u dont think the media will say/show anything about the games they have on the floor

I never said that. I fully expect the media to be talking about Nintendo stuff.

Carl2291 said:
zorg1000 said:
Carl2291 said:
zorg1000 said:
Otakumegane said:

I never said that. I fully expect the media to be talking about Nintendo stuff.

Sorry I thought u were implying the media wouldnt be giving nintendo attention because they dont have a big press conference. My bad