By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo not holding traditional E3 press conference this year?

"Unlike previous years, we will not have a large-scale [E3] presentation directed to everyone in the world. Instead, we are planning several smaller events focusing on software for America. Among these hands-on events will be one for American distributors and another for western media."

I thought this is what many people wanted? For Nintendo to stop looking inward at the Japanese market and work more closely with its counterparts in North America.

Also, I don't see what the big deal is about holding a smaller, more intimate press conference. It's not like that fact will stop the news from getting out, or somehow prevent the games from arriving in stores.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

"Unlike previous years, we will not have a large-scale [E3] presentation directed to everyone in the world. Instead, we are planning several smaller events focusing on software for America. Among these hands-on events will be one for American distributors and another for western media."

I thought this is what many people wanted? For Nintendo to stop looking inward at the Japanese market and work more closely with its counterparts in North America.

Also, I don't see what the big deal is about holding a smaller, more intimate press conference. It's not like that fact will stop the news from getting out, or somehow prevent the games from arriving in stores.

Never did I watch a Ninty E3 conference and think it was to focused toward the japanese market. E3 conference are usualy related to western stuff.

And the problem about not having a conference is the fact that they are losing the ''wow'' factor. While Sony and M$ will have over the top presentation with huge screens, loud music and houndreds of ppl applauding after trailers, Nintendo will have crickets. The ''wow'' factor contributes alot into what ppl are talking about. The fact that they are the only one not doing it is embarassing and is sign that we are going more and more towards and Big2 instead of a Big3.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

ryuzaki57 said:
BaldrSkies said:
Looking back at the modding that happened in this thread... and I can't help but ask.

This is a bannable post?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5304123
And this response only gets a warning?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5304135

Ethomaz is banned!? Mods sure seem nervous.

I will post my thoughts elsewhere then.

No, go on. Post it here, test your luck, spin the wheel of moderation. 

Metrium said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Never did I watch a Ninty E3 conference and think it was to focused toward the japanese market. E3 conference are usualy related to western stuff.

And the problem about not having a conference is the fact that they are losing the ''wow'' factor. While Sony and M$ will have over the top presentation with huge screens, loud music and houndreds of ppl applauding after trailers, Nintendo will have crickets. The ''wow'' factor contributes alot into what ppl are talking about. The fact that they are the only one not doing it is embarassing and is sign that we are going more and more towards and Big2 instead of a Big3.

I don't know about that. All that stuff is just noise and bright lights. Nintendo will "win" E3 if they show off the best games, not if they get the longest standing ovation.

I think the major issue is that all events will be behind CLOSED DOORS. That's so stupid. I like watching e3, but that's one joy Nintendo will take from me.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Sounds like the waving of a white flag to me

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mensrea said:
I think this is good. They mentioned that gamers really don't care about statistics and the like, but rather they care about games. The way they present content in Nintendo Directs is much better than anything they have done at E3 in a while. I will take a few ND's rather than an E3 that is peppered with PR speak. I may be the only one, but I'm very happy.

If thats true then Why were so many of their E3's focused on Statistic? They were so boring until like 2011.

I think they are aknowledging this problem right now. I didn't say their E3's have been exciting, but they mentioned that they need to seperate investor news from gamer news. I think that's a good thing.

i got mixed feelings. Could be an utter disaster or could be an unexpected success.

carlos710 said:
ethomaz said:
Repost from the locked thread.

They have nothing to show at E3... just it.

And anything that they show will be obfuscated by PS4 and Nextbox.

New post but similar from the other thread.

Kinda like how the ps3 failed against the Wii right?

Sony would kill to have a franchise close to one of Nintendo's top 5.

Why should Sony envy them? Because of the quality of gameplay? That is subjective. Because of sells? The top five? Number five is NSMBWii and that franchise's successor already released with the WiiU and it's sells are nothing compared to what its predecesor achieved and it hasn't sold as well as Sony's best franchises, which brings Mario to a new reality, or the reality it has had before the Wii. We will wait and see how the rest of the top five perform when released on the WiiU.

If you think that sells make companies envious of other people's IPs then I guess you feel Nintendo is envious of Activision and Rockstar IPs.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Actually when I think about it... Who the hell cares? They are never any good at E3 anyways just a big waste of money maybe they them selfs realize this and feel there is no point I mean they couldn't wow anyone other then their own fan base with two straight E3's and now the PlayStation 4 and the new Xbox will be at E3 they would have No chance at anything so what they do? Hide in the shadows and show what little they have to whoever still care... Smart move other wise they might of got laughed at right off the stage.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

TechXIII: Listen To Our Story.