By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu, Media Create & Dengeki - Week 16 ( Apr 15 - Apr 21 )

To the posters complaining about the 360 Monster Hunter game, you realize that it's a port of an old PC title....right?

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:

They released Monster Hunter Frontier on the 360 about 3 years ago now. These are just "seasonal" updates adding extra things in, just like on the PC version of the game. Both are subscription based, so you have to pay every month to play (like an MMO.) The game doesn't really change it just gets updated.

So this new game is just the old game with all the seasonal updates included?

It's basically the latest update to the online game (the PC version was also updated.)

http://xbox360.mhf-g.jp/introduction/enjoy/update.html

This latest update includes G class monsters it seems.

http://xbox360.mhf-g.jp/introduction/ggrade/

The G1 Premium Package listed in the sales is one big one with a lot of bonus dlc included in the package.

http://members.mh-frontier.jp/topic/g1pkg/

Additionally, monster hunter frontier fee includes xbox live. A course coupon 15$ includes 30 days MHFG and 30 days xboxlive gold. So it's actually a pretty good deal. As far as "updates" are concerned, this is an MMO, updates happen all the time. The premium package just has some exclusive dlc stuff and two free months. At ~30$, it's basically just paying for two months.

Still, not a waste of money like I had thought, but not really a "revenue boost either" considering that the price tag is two months that a hunter would have paid for anyway.

Darc Requiem said:
To the posters complaining about the 360 Monster Hunter game, you realize that it's a port of an old PC title....right?

It was pointed out. It's really an update because they've already released an earlier version of the MMO already.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Conegamer said:

So the single game by itself will not pass 250k, not including the double pack or other re-releases, regardless if it's "fair" or not. Because aside from the data you provided for the double pack (which I concede I did not realise was avaliable), we don't know how these other versions have sold.

Sorry to take you up on this (again) in this thread, but I just find this a weird point of view.  Do you consider that Monster Hunter 3DS didn't chart this week because it's a re-release?  Did the game stop selling 290k copies ago?

VGChartz's tracking actually shows a better figure for once, because it counted the double pack & single game first week sales together.  They're both Soul Sacrifice.  

Personally, I don't count the double pack as two games (like I know some people are) since we know they're one purchase; but we know what the FW sales were, so I see no reason not to add them to the number we have here.  I also think it's reasonable to assume a shipment of 25-30k which is probably gone by now, but I agree that since we don't know that for sure, we should use that in any calculation.

Onto my analysis of the topic at hand.

Vita at 15k hold. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I noticed that a new shipment of blue & red Vita were on amazon.jp on Saturday (maybe Sunday?) and they sold out pretty quick. Perhaps that's what made it go up 1k (especially in a week with no new releases BEFORE Golden Week), but yeah. I'd still like it to be better, but in May when all this stock issues and Japanese holidays are out of the way and we get a truer look at the sales, then I'll pass judgement.

Wii-U is going to suffer for the next few months, I wonder what it'll bottom out at. Hopefully GW gives it a nice boost. I prefer MC's numbers, so I don't consider it beaten by PSP this week, but still.

3DS... I was kind of expecting more, especially with that nice bundle out. BUT; comparative to last week's numbers, it has actually done pretty well for itself... and obviously it's the only console there doing anything at all, so it's noteworthy for that at least :P

I was also expecting a bit more for Tomodachi, but I think I just got caught up in the COMG hype. And I think a large amount of sales would've come through the download cards which aren't being tracked. Regardless, good opening and I highly suspect it'll have lesser Animal Crossing-style legs, which will help it in the long term.

Software wise, nothing too exciting. 7th Dragon opens well below my expectations unfortunately. Was expecting 100k+. Time to start moving these series over to Vita, SEGA (the Shining series too, hint hint).

Extremely nice opening for Amnesia though; highest for the series by quite some margin. Obviously it'll drop like a rock next week, but still, good news for Idea Factory at least.

Run for money is the funniest game I've ever watched on these Japan charts, its legs are really incredible. I wonder if the next instalment will have a crazy-high first week (and lets face it, there will be another game after these sales :P)

I'm pleased to see Soul Sacrifice hold pretty well, too. Sure, the legs could've been better, but it's still the longest-serving Vita game in the Media Create top 20 (some of which is due to other circumstances, of course) and it's getting a decent proportional rate to Vita hardware (about 25% too). Hope it goes up with Golden Week; although it may get booted out next week since there are quite a few games releasing I believe (side note, I kinda hope Muramasa holds on for a while longer too).

Final thing... 3DS has multiple games that have really strong legs (MonHun; MK; NSMB), kinda looks like Luigi might actually join their ranks in the future, which would be pretty cool!

Around the Network

15k could be the new baseline for Vita, sales will dramatically rise next week because of Golden week so we won't know for sure until another 2-3 weeks.

I think Vita will normalize at about 12-13k a week once Golden Week is passed and we get further into spring.

Vita will be sub-10k next week!! I swear this time!

Seriously now, I was hoping 15-20k would be the new baseline for Vita, and seeing recent numbers it'll probably be just below what I was hoping. And I'm used to Vita underperforming...so I suppose you could say it's bang on what I was expecting. Lol.

Oh yeah, and seeing Capcom release a 6k selling version of MonHun on X360 is insulting as a Vita owner, enhanced port or whatever. Ah well, another thing I'm used to! 

PS Vita will go up again next week because of no more shortages, and of course have a big week on Golden Week.
I don't really like a 15,000 baseline...but that means more vita out there and Sony makes more money.

Good for 3ds :)

I don't even want to think about the Wii U anymore, maybe Pokemon Scramble will boost sells...yeah right, Golden Week might send it above 10k for 1 week, it is going to drop to 5k before its next up week.

Conegamer said:
Also, it looks like SS may just reach 200k, but 250k is highly unlikely. Disappointing after such a strong opening.

SS has already reached 200K with the double units pack, its now at >210k ( we dont know anymore the double pack numbers ) , only sony can give us the numbers or media create if they reveal the top 500 but i dont see any reason to not count these first 44k we know.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m