By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu, Media Create & Dengeki - Week 16 ( Apr 15 - Apr 21 )

Well, vita sales are still low but at least they went up a bit. Still think the lack of games is causing more harm than the shortages though. Luigi's mansion and animal crossing are finally going down. SS only did 3k, how disappointing. Hope it has better legs in US and EU.

Around the Network

Capcom is obviously betting on the future. I'm sure the subscriptions are sound business, too.

Playstationfan12 said:
Well, vita sales are still low but at least they went up a bit. Still think the lack of games is causing more harm than the shortages though. Luigi's mansion and animal crossing are finally going down. SS only did 3k, how disappointing. Hope it has better legs in US and EU.

Obviously yes, the shortage may cause an increase by 5k ( 10k for the most optimistic ) but without  FF/KH/MH or an other big long seller like this announced, it will be difficult to reach 30k per week

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Yeah I think 12-15k sounds like the normal base now for Vita, it really just needs some games that the Japanese market wants and i think it would jump considerably. Its a shame really because imho the tech/build quality of the Vita is so much better than the 3DS... and really should have been kicking butt... but unfortunately thats how it goes sometimes, the best tech doesnt always win out... but some games would really help its cause.

pezus said:
BluGamer23 said:
come on now... seriously.. what is this 'sony having problems stocking up' ... why cause vita has been selling gangbusters all its life.. therefore they have not much stock to sell...

anyway i dont expect you people to know any better.. but logic is logic.

I think reading posts from people with actual knowledge of the market might serve you well. Not to mention word from Sony themselves. I guess that isn't official enough for you.

How Vita has been selling "all its life" is precisely one of the reasons why the stock is low. Logic sure is logic, but I don't see it in your post.

knowledge of the market?.. same people who said vita will sell because dual sticks are in demand.. yeh ok

like I said I dont expect you people to know any better.. =)

Around the Network

Golden week is next week (29/4-5/5)?

I'd say we can see a more clear base like a couple of weeks after that.

Train wreck said:
2300 for a 2D mario game

Wow, not very surprising actually.

OT: 3DS almost like a Pac-Man in that Circle Graph. Tomodachi opened up quite nicely. 500k was pretty much out of question.

Media Create weekly analysis is up. Key points:

New Tomodachi Collection first week sellthrough rate at 71.30%. No supply issues. DS Tomodachi had a 86.64% sellthrough but only sold a quarter the number of copies, so Nintendo made a very healthy shipment this time around. The main buyers appear to be primarily elementary to middle school aged children, similar to the previous game.

The Tomodachi Collection special edition 3DS hardware did not fare as well, with only a 35% sellthrough. The new Mint x White 3DS model also did not fare much better than other color variations, producing a lower than expected hardware boost. Tomodachi did, however, still produce a noticible rise in hardware sales.

BaldrSkies said:

New Tomodachi Collection first week sellthrough rate at 71.30%. No supply issues. DS Tomodachi had a 86.64% sellthrough but only sold a quarter the number of copies, so Nintendo made a very healthy shipment this time around. The main buyers appear to be primarily elementary to middle school aged children, similar to the previous game.

The Tomodachi Collection special edition 3DS hardware did not fare as well, with only a 35% sellthrough. The new Mint x White 3DS model also did not fare much better than other color variations, producing a lower than expected hardware boost. Tomodachi did, however, still produce a noticible rise in hardware sales.

I'm rather disappointed with these numbers :( Hopefully with Golden Week coming, Tomodachi Collection will not have an as sharp decline

Vinniegambini said:
BaldrSkies said:

I'm rather disappointed with these numbers :( Hopefully with Golden Week coming, Tomodachi Collection will not have an as sharp decline

Well, another thing according to MC is that the first Tomodachi had very steady sales due to word of mouth among schoolchildren. Since the buyer base has not changed much, it's very possible the new one will take off just like the previous game by the same means. If it pulls of the same chemistry the first one did on DS. We shall see in the coming weeks!