By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu, Media Create & Dengeki - Week 16 ( Apr 15 - Apr 21 )

theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
Monster hunter 360 = wasted money In development

Isn't it just based on the PC version? Shouldn't cost them much to develop. It's also subscription based, so the people who play are constantly giving Capcom money.

Porting actually does cost money. A lot of people think it's just a matter of leaving a computer on overnight, but it's much more than that.

So it's not just adding in a few extra things from the original port they did a few years ago? Adding in a few extra things with each new "season"... If they already paid for the original port and are still getting money from subscribers why not just update it, as long as people are still subscribing.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Wow, Tomodachi Collection did even better than I expected.

smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
Monster hunter 360 = wasted money In development

Isn't it just based on the PC version? Shouldn't cost them much to develop. It's also subscription based, so the people who play are constantly giving Capcom money.

Porting actually does cost money. A lot of people think it's just a matter of leaving a computer on overnight, but it's much more than that.

So it's not just adding in a few extra things from the original port they did a few years ago? Adding in a few extra things with each new "season"... If they already paid for the original port and are still getting money from subscribers why not just update it, as long as people are still subscribing.

What are you saying, that this game was already ported and released years back?

theprof00 said:

You might think that, but it's not true. Developers' computers have a Port button (it's right next to the Any key), and the only reason everything isn't ported to everything is because of fanboys in the industry and moneyhats.

theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:

They released Monster Hunter Frontier on the 360 about 3 years ago now. These are just "seasonal" updates adding extra things in, just like on the PC version of the game. Both are subscription based, so you have to pay every month to play (like an MMO.) The game doesn't really change it just gets updated.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
ethomaz said:
Why Sony? Why not put enough Vitas in the market

Vita stock was apparently replenished by the weekend.

What Baldr said about shortages was right but I don't think it affected Vita sales that much.

The last three weeks Vita suffered shortages... that is the only truth for now... how many that sortages affected the sales? I don't know... Sony is having a hard time to fullfill the shelves for the Golden Week.

Any comment about Vita sales now is inaccurate and the replenished just helped for some hours before the best sellers models go sold out again.

smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:

They released Monster Hunter Frontier on the 360 about 3 years ago now. These are just "seasonal" updates adding extra things in, just like on the PC version of the game. Both are subscription based, so you have to pay every month to play (like an MMO.) The game doesn't really change it just gets updated.

So this new game is just the old game with all the seasonal updates included?

BaldrSkies said:
BluGamer23 said:
ethomaz said:
Why Sony? Why not put enough Vitas in the market

lol good one.. as if.. enough with this pretend shortage.

It was in Media Create's market analysis last week. Or are they just pretending too now?

I love how many people who don't understand the Japan market come to troll in the Japan sales thread. Some of whom do it a bit more subtley and have already done so here before your post not to name names.

Shhhh, keep it quiet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:

Umm...I don't know if you can say something like "Vita's stock was sold out in a few hours" conclusively. It's not like Vita SW is that prominent on the charts right now. The highest Vita SW now is Muramasa at only 4.5k sold. Where is this large demand for the Vita coming from?

Are you suggesting people that can't buy the Vita (hardware) just buy Vita's games (software)?

Shortages causes slow software sales too... the guys that already have Vitas already bought all the games they wanted... new consumer increase the software sales.

theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
smbu2000 said:

So this new game is just the old game with all the seasonal updates included?

It's basically the latest update to the online game (the PC version was also updated.)

http://xbox360.mhf-g.jp/introduction/enjoy/update.html

This latest update includes G class monsters it seems.

http://xbox360.mhf-g.jp/introduction/ggrade/

The G1 Premium Package listed in the sales is one big one with a lot of bonus dlc included in the package.

http://members.mh-frontier.jp/topic/g1pkg/