By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu, Media Create & Dengeki - Week 16 ( Apr 15 - Apr 21 )

Otakumegane said:
Famitsu has PSP>WiiU and MC has WiiU>PSP.

Which one was more accurate again?

I've always preferred MC to Famitsu, but they generally end up with the same overall numbers (by the end of the year).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:
Also, it looks like SS may just reach 200k, but 250k is highly unlikely. Disappointing after such a strong opening.

Are you talking about the single SKU or the overall sales of SS?

Just the single SKU. It should reach it relatively easily with all other versions, re-releases etc.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:
Also, it looks like SS may just reach 200k, but 250k is highly unlikely. Disappointing after such a strong opening.

Just the single SKU. It should reach it relatively easily with all other versions, re-releases etc.

Soo we are not going to count the Double Pack?

ethomaz said:
Why Sony? Why not put enough Vitas in the market

lol good one.. as if.. enough with this pretend shortage.

theprof00 said:
Monster hunter 360 = wasted money In development

Isn't it just based on the PC version? Shouldn't cost them much to develop. It's also subscription based, so the people who play are constantly giving Capcom money.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:

No, just the version which is in the charts currently. No re-releases, bundles or anything. 

I doubt the Double Pack would be that big anyway. Could be wrong.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:

I think we should go by the numbers that are shown via MC, Famitsu, whatever. I am getting rather tired of this whole "but if you count this and this and leave this out because who would count that" thing.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Conegamer said:

I think we should go by the numbers that are shown via MC, Famitsu, whatever. I am getting rather tired of this whole "but if you count this and this and leave this out because who would count that" thing.

The double pack was two copies of the game sold together for the launch of the product. It effectively adds 45-50k to the total.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

smbu2000 said:
theprof00 said:
Monster hunter 360 = wasted money In development

Isn't it just based on the PC version? Shouldn't cost them much to develop. It's also subscription based, so the people who play are constantly giving Capcom money.

Porting actually does cost money. A lot of people think it's just a matter of leaving a computer on overnight, but it's much more than that.

BluGamer23 said:
ethomaz said:
Why Sony? Why not put enough Vitas in the market

lol good one.. as if.. enough with this pretend shortage.

It was in Media Create's market analysis last week. Or are they just pretending too now?

I love how many people who don't understand the Japan market come to troll in the Japan sales thread. Some of whom do it a bit more subtley and have already done so here before your post not to name names.