By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it just me, or are the Holidays actually going to be Decent for the Wii U?

Isn't Destiny coming to Wii U?

Anyway, from what we know now and what is plausible I'd say Wii U very well could have THE best line up this holiday!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Psyberius said:
teigaga said:

It will definitely be a strong winter provided you a ninty fan. Windwaker and MArio kart will provie the commercial push and allow it to reach out casuals. Most of the rumoured titles will be coming out in the first half of 2014 not this year.

Mario KArt is like the biggest selling stand alone game of all time and its king of local multiplayer. It will definitely sell systems. The hardcore will sold once they see the e3 titles and the Wii U price cut.

Why do these posts sound like the author is trying to convince themselves?  Seriously...

You're hanging the Christmas success on two titles that already exist...one of which has been around forever.  Ask yourself why a casual gamer would buy a WiiU for Mario Kart when he/she already has it on Wii with very simular graphics....  For a casual gamer, they need to have a compelling reason to upgrade but upgrading based on a game you already own?  Thin...very thin.

To me, i'm seeing WiiU like a ship with no captain...where exactly is it heading for?W

A new interation of Mario Kart will be mega (and will look significantly better), if you dissagree then fine, but I know casual gamers who will perk up pay attention when it arrives and with the Wii U at a friendly price ($249) I expect the game to shift units.

Also the Wii U definitely has a direction. Core gaming fans: Zelda Windwaker, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Supersmash Bros U, Project X, Beyonetta, Pikmin 3 and whatever retro is working on. That will gurantee the system sales amongst many of those who have ever considered themselves a nintendo fan. I don't see the system doing 50m+ but it not going to sell under 30m either.

OP forgot Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, Resident Evil, Disney Infinity and The Wonderful 101.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

3D Mario is gonna be epic! :')

Well I don't wanna jynx it really... let's wait

Salnax said:

Look, we all know that the Wii u hasn't had an enviable lineup so far. It's reached the point where a "good" month consists of an enhanced 3DS port and a Lego game. But from what I've been hearing and seeing and readin, the Wii U is actually going to have a decent holiday season.

Think about it. First, what do we know is going to be released for almost certain, from September throguh December?

*Wind Waker HD

*Rayman Legends

*Batman: Arkham Origins

*Assassin's Creed 4

*Watch Dogs

*Skylanders 3

Not a bad start. But when you look at all the games that are rumored or possible for September and Q4, you get a lot more games

*3D Mario

*Mario Kart 8

*Super Smash Bros 4

*Bayonetta 2

*X

*Shin megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

*Call of Duty 10

*Yarn Yoshi

*Grand Theft Auto 5

*Retro's Secret Project

You can't rumour your way out of this,

- GTAV, CoD10 don't even exist on WiiU

- X, Bayonetta2, SMTxFE, Retro Project have been MIA since reveal, they're not gonna show up this year and especially not in the West

- Most of the others are multiplat so if the holidays are decent on WiiU, they will be super-great on the other platforms

Around the Network

it might, i see the PS4/720 outselling it by large margins though

also, gta will never appear on the wii u

I don't see X and Smash releasing this year.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Chandler said:
OP forgot Splinter Cell, Deus Ex, Resident Evil, Disney Infinity and The Wonderful 101.

No I didn't. I just suspected that they'd be released too soon to be considered part of the holiday lineup.

Love and tolerate.

If anyone thinks its in for a good Holiday they will be sorely disappointed.

Not because it doesn't have the potential (it does) but retailers are having their shipments collecting dust. It appears Wii U is undertracked by at least 200k. Nintendo will most likely ship 500k this quarter (maybe less)... Nintendo is most likely scaling production down and retailers will probably be conservative with their orders. If Wii U starts selling it will most likely be met with supply issues which will hinder its "good holiday" people would like to see.

2 notable posters are expecting Nintendo to sell through 10mil by years end and it's those posters (and the ones who agree or seem to think Nintendo can do it) that I'm saying are going to be disappointed. If you are expecting around 8mil sold through and you consider that "a good holiday" then sure. I can agree those numbers are possible but I don't think that's really good.

Salnax said:
Chandler said:

No I didn't. I just suspected that they'd be released too soon to be considered part of the holiday lineup.

Splinter Cell and Rayman Legends are releasing like one week apart from each other at the end of august (23rd and 30th). That's a weird cutt-off point. Disney Infinity is around that time, too.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.