By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it just me, or are the Holidays actually going to be Decent for the Wii U?

BossPuma said:
Weedlab said:
GTA5 was rumored for Wii U?

Reggie said there was a good chance GTA 5 is coming to the Wii U despite what R* said

Ah, I see. Thanks for the feed!

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Grand Theft Auto V isn't rumored for Wii U lol. Not even a PC version is coming this year from what we know. If anyone can find this out, what is the best selling M-rated game on the Wii? What about Wii U?

The best selling "Mature" games on the Wii was Resident Evil 4, with about 2.15 million sales. Admittedly, that was not a lot. But honestly, there were only ever about 40 M-rated games for the Wii, and they mostly included subpar Call of Duty ports, obscure horror games, and mediocre Action games. The PS3 in comparison has over 380 M rated games, and the 360 has over 400. Of course the HD twins will have more big sellers.

As for the Wii U, the third best selling game on the p[latform, ZombiU, is rated M.

Love and tolerate.

VGKing said:
Grand Theft Auto V isn't rumored for Wii U lol. Not even a PC version is coming this year from what we know. If anyone can find this out, what is the best selling M-rated game on the Wii? What about Wii U?

this rumor started a couple days ago and almost no one for some reason talked about it http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/16872/20130421/gta-5-release-date-pc-wii-u.htm

BossPuma said:
Weedlab said:
GTA5 was rumored for Wii U?

Reggie said there was a good chance GTA 5 is coming to the Wii U despite what R* said

so let me get this straight, nintendo's boss, who straight out lied about a 3rd party game being superior on his platform before, is saying there is a good chance that a franchise that hasnt been on their consoles for generations will be on their new platform when the developers of said franchise said themselfs that there isnt a port. yeah seems legit. 

The Wii U will be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Anyone who buys a Wii U will have to be a true Nintendo fan because its like a sandwich this gen for Nintendo. The Wii U is competing against PS3, 360 multiplats and a possible price cut after E3. The 720 and PS4 will have an edgy start going up against one another.

Around the Network
animegaming said:
VGKing said:

this rumor started a couple days ago and almost no one for some reason talked about it http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/16872/20130421/gta-5-release-date-pc-wii-u.htm

Thanks for putting that up, maybe you should do a main thread with that article, im sure it will get a lot of people talking. I have a feeling we may see GTAV on Wii U, just a surprise not many have seen that article.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The Wii U will be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Anyone who buys a Wii U will have to be a true Nintendo fan because its like a sandwich this gen for Nintendo. The Wii U is competing against PS3, 360 multiplats and a possible price cut after E3. The 720 and PS4 will have an edgy start going up against one another.

The PS4 and 720 are both going to have the same level of competition. Both are battling their predecessors and a cheaper next gen system (Wii U) with arguably a better library of games. Not to mention the big Nintendo games that will be rolled out toward the end of the year.

zippy said:
animegaming said:
VGKing said:

Thanks for putting that up, maybe you should do a main thread with that article, im sure it will get a lot of people talking. I have a feeling we may see GTAV on Wii U, just a surprise not many have seen that article.

just started a thread about it 

Considering 3D Mario and Mario Kart 8 are going to be playable at E3 I'd say they'll be released in November coinciding with a $50 price cut imo.

I think we can expect a surprise or two at E3 too.

After the Bayonetta 2 Megaton just about anything is possible...who knows, we might even have a Timesplitters announcement..?!??!?

Salnax said:
VGKing said:

The best selling "Mature" games on the Wii was Resident Evil 4, with about 2.15 million sales. Admittedly, that was not a lot. But honestly, there were only ever about 40 M-rated games for the Wii, and they mostly included subpar Call of Duty ports, obscure horror games, and mediocre Action games. The PS3 in comparison has over 380 M rated games, and the 360 has over 400. Of course the HD twins will have more big sellers.

As for the Wii U, the third best selling game on the p[latform, ZombiU, is rated M.

CoDs werent subpar at all, actually they were pretty much on-par with the hw ////// /those obscure horror games are amongst the best series ever released (Fatal Frame, Silent hill) /////// Finally, calling mediocre Madworld and NMH is just your opinion, mine is that are great and refreshed the genre a lot...