By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Major Issue that Needs to be Addressed by Moderators

carlos710 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Give me a break.

People make jokes about men on here constantly. Your on forums on the Internet grow tougher skin

Why should she (or anybody else, including males) should grow tougher skin for browsing a forum?

The first job of a moderator should be to create a healthy and fun environment on the site that they are moderating, for all the users. I think the mods of this site are failing at that however I basically don't care about personal attacks or trolling so it doesn't bothers me that much, but is obvious that it bothers some people.

And if I say that your post offends me as a moderator, does that illustrate how impossible it is to make everyone happy at the same time?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
badgenome said:
pezus said:

And badgenome is someone I can always get behind

Just don't stand too close... it makes me nervous.

screw this.. i want to make a penis joke about these posts..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

pezus said:
KHlover said:
pezus said:
badgenome said:
I'm not sure he meant anything by that, but banning Galaki is something I can always get behind.

Lol. Damn, you were quick.

I could care less what that just picture said, only that that is the first time I was ever addressed in a meme lol

pezus said:
KHlover said:
Carl2291 said:
KHlover said:
It is not only our Blue Slime Rocket and it is not only PMS jokes. Certain users on this site (mostly senior members) seem to be able to get away with anything, all you will hear is along the lines of "Hurr durr, he's always been like this. That's just who he is. Deal with it."

Fuck this, I don't care if he got away with violating the forum rules for years. I do my best to follow the forum rules and keep up a normal discussion, so if someone purposely breaks them he should be punished accordingly. I understand that the mods have LOADS of works to do and can't possibly keep controlling all threads. But reporting certain people doesn't seem to have any impact at all.

Btw. I wholeheartedly (is this even a word? :D) agree with all of your points, Marucha^^

Name names. Dont be shy.

And thus break the forum rules myself? Nope, not gonna happen.

You won't be breaking any rules by saying which users seem to be able to get away with anything. You won't be calling them trolls or fanboys, just the occasional rulebreakers

If something happens (aka 1-day ban) I'll blame you XD. One user for sure would would be Rol. Some of his threads are clearly sarcastic, some of them are so close to flamebaiting that any user besides Rol would be immediately banned for them. NinjaBlade is a newcomer, but I really can't understand why he hasn't been permabanned at this point. I've seen Ethomaz turn perfectly normal threads into trainwrecks (Most recent example: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159027&page=1#). KylieDog, S.T.A.G.E and VGKing most of the time seem to respond to posts in a way that's guaranteed to invoke a negative reaction, aka borderline flamebaiting (KylieDog must be the most depressive person I've never met in person)...out of my head these seem to be the most blatant "offenders"...

BenVTrigger said:
Carl2291 said:
BenVTrigger said:
So if a woman made a joke about one of you guys having a boner you would become upset and want her banned?

I mean come on people. That is just rediculous

I dont find racist jokes offensive, it doesnt mean they arent offensive to others. Just because I dont care if people insult my race... If someone called me white trash, I wouldnt care. If I called someone a little chink, they would care.

People have thicker skin than others. Different things offend different people. Thats just the way it is.

Except for the fact he never insulted women

She made a thread about a PM problem and he made a joke about PMS.  A play on words.  I mean my god if were banning people based on something as simple as that now the entire forum will be perma banned within 2 weeks.  This nothing more than someone being oversensitive about litteraly nothing.  There was zero attack on women in his comment

benvtrigger does make a good point, if getting banned over somthing so little is what strict moderation stands for. How would it be possible to have serious debates and disagreements and the slightest harmless comment could be easily takin the wrong way and offend someone and the person gets banned for no valid reason. I would say if it was a direct attack on women then the person fully should be banned for harrassment, slime rocket's comment was very sly but not an attack that was tooken the wrong way. Although i have never seen a serious post by slime rocket lol

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Carl2291 said:
BenVTrigger said:
So if a woman made a joke about one of you guys having a boner you would become upset and want her banned?

I mean come on people. That is just rediculous

I dont find racist jokes offensive, it doesnt mean they arent offensive to others. Just because I dont care if people insult my race... If someone called me white trash, I wouldnt care. If I called someone a little chink, they would care.

People have thicker skin than others. Different things offend different people. Thats just the way it is.

Except for the fact he never insulted women

She made a thread about a PM problem and he made a joke about PMS.  A play on words.  I mean my god if were banning people based on something as simple as that now the entire forum will be perma banned within 2 weeks.  This nothing more than someone being oversensitive about litteraly nothing.  There was zero attack on women in his comment

he made a joke to someone he didnt have the relationship to make that kind of joke with. the same joke will be received differently depending on how close the person who made it is to you.

i can handle that kind of joke from a close friend but i never gave someone like you the liberty to make any jokes regarding my religion (not even my close friends would do something so stupid and childish) or my gender. if someone took the liberty have no doubt i'd report them, this isnt 4 chan or a troll farm, there are rules.

NiKKoM said:

screw this.. i want to make a penis joke about these posts..

I wouldn't do that in this thread unless you wiener get banned.

Marucha said:
pezus said:
KHlover said:
pezus said:
badgenome said:
I'm not sure he meant anything by that, but banning Galaki is something I can always get behind.

Lol. Damn, you were quick.

I could care less what that just picture said, only that that is the first time I was ever addressed in a meme lol

Well, it was fitting the topic :D

Just replace badgenome with yourself and you see the implications ^^

Kantor said:
carlos710 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Give me a break.

People make jokes about men on here constantly. Your on forums on the Internet grow tougher skin

Why should she (or anybody else, including males) should grow tougher skin for browsing a forum?

The first job of a moderator should be to create a healthy and fun environment on the site that they are moderating, for all the users. I think the mods of this site are failing at that however I basically don't care about personal attacks or trolling so it doesn't bothers me that much, but is obvious that it bothers some people.

And if I say that your post offends me as a moderator, does that illustrate how impossible it is to make everyone happy at the same time?

If you feel that my post is offensive you would find thousands more like that and you would have to ban thousands of users, basically killing the site.

Getting back to the point - Galaki's post was totally off-topic. She was reporting a legitimate forum issue and he comes with an un-needed joke. Deleting a post that wasn't contributing anything to a serious question would have been a good idea don't you think?

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Eh, it wasn't that bad. He shouldn't have said it, but there doesn't need to be an uproar about it. It wasn't like he used an off topic joke to offend her, it was a play on words. While it was a bit insensitive, I probably see more offensive posts on a daily basis.