By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Major Issue that Needs to be Addressed by Moderators

and lets be far who suffer really from pms? men

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Finally went through all the posts.

First, I'd like to apologize to all the women of VGC for joking without first getting to know you better.

So. Dear Women of VGC,

Please, send me many pms so I can be close to you, and won't be nervous with you behind me.

A: Well done Galaki. :D
B: Stop being an arse Galaki. :D

C: Improve the quality of this board? Mission Impossible.

kirby007 said:
and lets be far who suffer really from pms? men

wow.. from which rock did you crawl out of? All we had to do was make jokes about women and we lure you back here..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

what can you expect from a guy with a "Slim" condom picture?

Around the Network

In terms of frequency in which all the things/peoples/ideas that have been insulted on this website, women are probably the least targeted group on the list.

Top spots would go to Wii U, Vita, Xbox Live, Nintendo, religious groups, political groups/ideas, men, ect. ect. I have almost never heard/seen women being insulted on this forum after years of fairly frequent lurking.

All of the supporters/members of those other groups seem to get by just fine without being offended. It's just a part of being on the Internet, and the original joke was harmless. Hell, Rol just referred to all men as "infantile idiots" in this very thread, but I have no intention of reporting, creating a thread to complain about it, and/or demanding mod attention for it even though it is a blatant insult directed at my entire gender.

Ironically, you are just encouraging the very type of behavior that you are trying to discourage by dedicating a whole thread to this non-incident with Galaki. You are giving the joke validation and attention which is exactly what people who make jokes in a forum are looking for.

Learn to accept the fact that every group of people, idea, movement, and piece of technology discussed on the Internet will have its detractors that insult it or mock it (often just for fun or attention). Mods don't need to become thought police that dispense bans and and warnings every 5 seconds.

Can someone give me a synopsis of this thread?

Jay520 said:

OP is complaining about posts that seem to joke about the female condition. Puts a coment from Gataki as an example. Also mentions complains about other instances when OP feels people are being offensive towards other things: religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Like every other thread things get split into two: those that agree, those that disagree. From a side, the argument thatmods should be more strict and react to this kind of posts, from the other, others say being stricter would make for a boring forum.

Kantor kicks in a says that mods can't make everybody happy and act when everyone feels offended. Unless people complain about farts.

More complains, more complains, more arguments in favor, more arguments in favor, more arguments against, more arguments against, and then sales2000 posts pics of himself naked and gets permabanned.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Jay520 said:

basically marucha is a female poster, she and other female posters on this site are getting fed up with the amount of posts and jokes that ridicule women.  galaki made a joke in one of marucha's threads about PMS's and it was the straw the broke the camels back. she made this thread saying this needs to stop, basically some people are argeeing that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. others are saying that galaki's post is just a joke that doesnt break any rules, even though that might be true this thread isnt about galaki's post and his post is just the most recent example. and some are saying that there really isnt a big issue and when ever she see's a post that bothers her she should just report it and move along

joke with me about anything if i get butt hurt i will not come back for awhile, which doesnt happen because its just a forum.
besides a troll is vague and means any form of put down no matter how funny it is, we all will be banned by the end of the day.
i didnt know we were on christian mingle. oh no now i am going to get banned. : / cmon.