By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Major Issue that Needs to be Addressed by Moderators

It is telling when some users don't respect your thoughts of being offended and consider their point of view as the only right one. After reading the forums for over 5 years I thought VGChartz is quite misogynistic but it's probably just the people with low self esteem who justify their actions with the 'argument' that there are no rules on the internet. I hope you'll stay around VGChartz despite this thread, Marucha.

Around the Network

I honestly do not understand the OP because the example given is not really a good one. I would need to see other examples in order to be convinced that it is a real problem, otherwise I think that the females that are offended by these kinds of posts are being way too sensitive.

Talking about PMS in a way of a pun should really not be offensive, and even if it weren't used as a pun it has no implication by itself.
If used as a verb, it starts to get closer to offensive, but really not much more offensive than what many females would say about males if they were to generalize them.
So I really need a better example than what was given. Maybe I haven't seen it because most of the places I browse don't actually have these kinds of posts in it.

MDMAlliance said:
I honestly do not understand the OP because the example given is not really a good one. I would need to see other examples in order to be convinced that it is a real problem, otherwise I think that the females that are offended by these kinds of posts are being way too sensitive.

Talking about PMS in a way of a pun should really not be offensive, and even if it weren't used as a pun it has no implication by itself.
If used as a verb, it starts to get closer to offensive, but really not much more offensive than what many females would say about males if they were to generalize them.
So I really need a better example than what was given. Maybe I haven't seen it because most of the places I browse don't actually have these kinds of posts in it.

Why would you not finding offence invalidate somone who is offended?

kain_kusanagi said:
MDMAlliance said:

Doesn't invalidate but it is hard to show empathy to someone when you don't understand why they are offended.

sethnintendo said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MDMAlliance said:

Doesn't invalidate but it is hard to show sympathy to someone when you don't understand why they are offended.

That's what empathy is for. Knowing that that a fellow community member feels hurt should hurt us all.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
sethnintendo said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MDMAlliance said:

Doesn't invalidate but it is hard to show sympathy to someone when you don't understand why they are offended.

That's what empathy is for. Knowing that that a fellow community member feels hurt should hurt us all.

I agree but this community is already divided into at least 3 factions. So I feel for some community members but others that haven't been respectful towards my faction get zero empathy from me. This site divides more than it brings together.

sethnintendo said:
kain_kusanagi said:
sethnintendo said:
kain_kusanagi said:
MDMAlliance said:

I agree but this community is already divided into at least 3 factions. So I feel for some community members but others that haven't been respectful towards my faction get zero empathy from me. This site divides more than it brings together.

The factions you're talking about aren't real. Look at my sig. I fly all the colors. It's silly to let a plastic box get between fellow gamers just because they come in different shapes and play different games. Everyone should feel like they can express their true feelings so long as everyone does it with mutual respect.

I think you need to learn what an insult is.

"All faggots are pedophiles" is an example of an insult. (Attn mods, I am a faggot, I am merely reclaiming the word, please do not ban me :P)

Referencing PMS, a hormonal imbalance that can happen to females as a result of menstruation is NOT an insult.

PMS is not a vulgar subject, and being vulgar is not in itself against the forum rules

Edit: Saying something that certain people take offense to is not insulting them.

badgenome said:
I'm not sure he meant anything by that, but banning Galaki is something I can always get behind.

Yeah. Anyone mentioning PMS should be banned.

Carl2291 said:

He knew she was female.

LOL. I had no idea this whole thread is dedicated to me.

No. I don't know that the poster is a female. I don't care if a poster is male or female (You're all dirty old mean to me).

When you make a post and leave it wide open for a joke, you know what you're going to get.