By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Major Issue that Needs to be Addressed by Moderators

NiKKoM said:
kirby007 said:
and lets be far who suffer really from pms? men

wow.. from which rock did you crawl out of? All we had to do was make jokes about women and we lure you back here..

i would be here more often if some of the good old offtopic threads wouldn't be locked:D

but i somehow can sense if my justice is needed here, so at those times i come out of hiding.

nah jk i just randomly logged in, but saw an epic thread which needed some my unsalted, uncompromised, unoppressed opinion

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Yeah, Id tend to agree with you on this one, but to a larger extent than what you said. Ive seen threads badmouthing certain groups because of gender,religion or interests, and not get banned or locked. Similarly, harmless posts have been.

A lot of this comes down to reputation. If you have been here a while, you seem to be able to get away with much, much more. And this is a problem I have dealt with first hand, if you guys are old enough to remember.

Fortunately, things have improved slightly, but not enough for my liking all the time, and Im sure most would agree. The mods are right 96% of the time, and I dont know if its because of inactive mods or lack of them for the growing community, but people seem to be able to get away with much worse these days.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

BasilZero said:
JayWood2010 said:

JayWood2010 approves of this message

+1 especially when it comes to religion.

+1

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
BasilZero said:
JayWood2010 said:

+1

and this is also why i get involved, hypocrite crap why religion more then race?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Roma said:
BasilZero said:
JayWood2010 said:

+1

and this is also why i get involved, hypocrite crap why religion more then race?

Because Jesus wasn't black.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but here goes. I personally think that threads like this promote sexism. It makes guys think that women are oversensitive and that they should be treated differently. If a guy had the words: hard, wood, stiff etc in his title and a user made a boner joke I can guarantee you that he wouldn't take it personally at all. I don't even think that Galaki knew/cared that you were a female he just made that post to be funny.

I don't think it's a major issue at all. It's just people being over sensitive. I'm sure that kind of stuff happens,but I don't think it's as bad as your making it out 2 be. I think the mods do an excellent job on these forums. It's just an internet forum after all.

Talal said:
I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but here goes. I personally think that threads like this promote sexism. It makes guys think that women are oversensitive and that they should be treated differently. If a guy had the words: hard, wood, stiff etc in his title and a user made a boner joke I can guarantee you that he wouldn't take it personally at all. I don't even think that Galaki knew/cared that you were a female he just made that post to be funny.

I agree with this post. you make some great points.

kirby007 said:
Roma said:
BasilZero said:
JayWood2010 said:

+1

I have mostly been in involved in religious topics where people claim things about religions that are false. spreading false crap is something I really hate. as for race I haven't been into that many except for the one a while ago. I don't even see many race topics here

my religion is against racism so if you insult it you insult it's rules and if you insult religions then you are a racist and most likely hate some races so it includes racism :P 

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I skimmed the thread, so I don't have all the details, but I'm not seeing a major issue here.

I am the Playstation Avenger.