By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Just Won Japan: Nintendo Puts out 2007 Wii release List

Diomedes1976 said:

That Top 20 is the Top 20 of Famitsu ,not the top twenty of the PS3 users as you would like it to be .Second the console doesnt cost 600 in Japan .Eight out of the Top 20 is a impressive number and when these games start to appear the word of mouth and the sales will increase dramatically .

On other note it is funny to hear some nintendo fans repeat all the Nintendo franchises that didnt help the N64 and the Cube to compete as "proofs " that the lineup of Nintendo is superstrong and will obliterate the competition .Those games sell to a determinate market ,the Nintendo fans that have followed those franchises and that are already buying the console .

Im worried about your age. Do you even realize what you are talking about ?

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Famitsu top 20 does not represent high selling games, or system sellers.  Persona 3 was #2 or #3 for a long time on that list and was finally released last week for ps2, but only sold 100k.  Gundam Musou was #1 and only sold 250k to date.  Paper mario was something like #10 on that list and is gonna outsell both of them.  I remember Ogre Battle 3 being #1 or #2 on the list during the n64 days for 3 years and only sold 255k.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Digg it: http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_Just_Won_Japan_Nintendo_Puts_out_2007_Wii_release_List

I keep getting this nagging thought in my head when I look at these release dates:

Was Nintendo talking about fiscal 2007, or calendar 2007?

IGN seems to think it is calendar 2007, but considering Nintendo has not given dates on any (barring one) of the titles, it seems like it could be a document outlining how Nintendo plans to bring in tons of cash in fiscal 2007, written to it's investors.  If that is the case, then it seems (more) likely that at least some of the games will come out Q1 2008.   

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

I keep getting this nagging thought in my head when I look at these release dates:

Was Nintendo talking about fiscal 2007, or calendar 2007?

IGN seems to think it is calendar 2007, but considering Nintendo has not given dates on any (barring one) of the titles, it seems like it could be a document outlining how Nintendo plans to bring in tons of cash in fiscal 2007, written to it's investors.  If that is the case, then it seems (more) likely that at least some of the games will come out Q1 2008.   

Q1 is the slowest time of the year representing (roughly) 17.5% of yearly sales; even if there were games that were to be released in Q1 it would only be 1 or 2 games that were not particularly popular.

Around the Network

As a general rule, Nintendo doesn't put out more than one version of its major franchises per system, though there are occasional exceptions. The easy stuff like Mario Party, sure, we'll see that every year, but the next Mario is likely to be released close to the launch of their next system. I do think reviving older franchises is a possibility, but I would put much more belief in them instead creating a bunch of new franchises with varying degrees of success. I would view some additional crossovers as possible, but this is Sega we're talking about here, so I wouldn't suggest that their success or lack thereof in this venture indicates any likelihood. Nintendo owns 1.49% of Namco-Bandai. Unlikely to have much impact. People buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games. No doubt these games will sell, regardless of whether Wii ends up selling 100 million or 20 million. It is true, though, that these games alone can only sell so many systems.

Shane said:
As a general rule, Nintendo doesn't put out more than one version of its major franchises per system, though there are occasional exceptions. The easy stuff like Mario Party, sure, we'll see that every year, but the next Mario is likely to be released close to the launch of their next system. I do think reviving older franchises is a possibility, but I would put much more belief in them instead creating a bunch of new franchises with varying degrees of success. I would view some additional crossovers as possible, but this is Sega we're talking about here, so I wouldn't suggest that their success or lack thereof in this venture indicates any likelihood. Nintendo owns 1.49% of Namco-Bandai. Unlikely to have much impact. People buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games. No doubt these games will sell, regardless of whether Wii ends up selling 100 million or 20 million. It is true, though, that these games alone can only sell so many systems.

Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are all Gamecube games ... Nintendo often has multiple versions of games on one console as long as the initial game is released early enough in the life of the console; it is highly likely that any game released in 2006 (Zelda) or 2007 (Metroid and Mario) will recieve another game in 2009 or 2010 (Games that are first developed in 2008 or 2009 will be the only versions on the console unless Nintendo maintains strong development after 2011).

As a general rule, Nintendo usually does two Zeldas. But I did say there are a couple exceptions, no? Last time they did two Marios was NES, so good luck with that.

Shane said:
As a general rule, Nintendo usually does two Zeldas. But I did say there are a couple exceptions, no? Last time they did two Marios was NES, so good luck with that.

Erm.... 3 Marios on Nes...

And does Paper Mario not count as a Mario game?