By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Just Won Japan: Nintendo Puts out 2007 Wii release List

Lingyis said:
shams said:
Here is what Nintendo *could* release in 2008: - Mario Kart - Pikmin Wii - Nintendogs Wii - Animal Crossing - Pilotwings - Golden Sun Wii - Luigi's Mansion II - Fzero Wii - WaveRace Wii - ExciteTruck II - Mario Party 9 - New DK platformer - Starfox Wii - Pokemon Adventure Online etc... Plenty of potential titles left for 2008 in my books. Ignoring anything new as well...

hmm... that doesn't look good for 2008. mario kart and maybe pikmin the two that could do well. i don't like animal crossing on the wii, but that's just me. nintendogs on wii can't possibly work, can it?

hopefully new IPs, like wii motor sports or something that looked good in demos... but maybe it's time for 3rd parties to blossom!

EDIT: there should be a new zelda title for the wii by then i imagine. 

I disagree, Animal crossing will be amazing, as will Nintendogs on the Wii, and by then you'll get the flood of third party titles

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
kber81 said:
vanguardian1 said:
kber81, it's rather easy when you aren't interested in any of the 3 games you mentioned. And don't diss a game you know so damned little about. For all we know Disaster : Day of Crisis may be one of the best new IP's of the year. :p

Sorry, but I think you don't know much more than I. I think even re-edition of Tomb Rider for PS2 may be much more impressive than this. Few screens I've seen looks really poor but someone mention that these were from very early version of the game. I think it would be tough for this game to gain some appreciation from Wii's users. I believe impressive sales of Wii-sports, Wii-play and Super Paper Mario shows they want simply stuff. The question is how do you define success. If you expect something like Red Steel I think it will work but something more is unlikely as for me.

Didn't Ninty just buy this company, you know it will be awesome

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

blowfish said:
shams said:
Here is what Nintendo *could* release in 2008: - Mario Kart - Pikmin Wii - Nintendogs Wii - Animal Crossing - Pilotwings - Golden Sun Wii - Luigi's Mansion II - Fzero Wii - WaveRace Wii - ExciteTruck II - Mario Party 9 - New DK platformer - Starfox Wii - Pokemon Adventure Online etc... Plenty of potential titles left for 2008 in my books. Ignoring anything new as well...

Still not a great list with a lot of games from the same genres. It makes sense not to release all the games on the original 2007 list before the end of the year for many many reasons.

No it doesn't Nintendo wants the strongest chockehold on the market this year, and then to rely more on thrid parties next year

Diomedes1976 said:
I dont see that list as specially good . Other than some games that have to prove their value you have the usual crop of Mario games ,Metroid about the same of the Cube incarnations ,and the casual games of the DS as Brain Training etc that suit best for handheld gaming (poor performance of BT its first week in Wii in Japan ).Even the hardcore games as Resident 4 and Umbrella Chronicles are getting dumbed down and made simpler and easier to appease the casual gamers the Wii is aimed to . Besides ,having out Mario ,Metroid ,Zelda and most of hte Nintendo franquises right in 2007 that leaves them with only Fzero along some light hitters for the rest of the lifetime of the console .

That was Big brain academy, not brain training, they're different franchises, duh!

I'm very interested in Disaster : Day of Crisis myself. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHaItCFGI_g

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

For 2008, wasn't there a rumord Wii Motorsport?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

OriGin said:

Some new DQIX screens thought they'd be nice - Jpw awesome is the character, world and ESPECIALLY the Character Equip design... OMFG (okay i'm done whoring this thread) 

If i haven't already bought Ds Lite before DQ IX is out, it is the game that i will bought with it :p

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Diomedes1976 said:
I dont see that list as specially good . Other than some games that have to prove their value you have the usual crop of Mario games ,Metroid about the same of the Cube incarnations ,and the casual games of the DS as Brain Training etc that suit best for handheld gaming (poor performance of BT its first week in Wii in Japan ).Even the hardcore games as Resident 4 and Umbrella Chronicles are getting dumbed down and made simpler and easier to appease the casual gamers the Wii is aimed to . Besides ,having out Mario ,Metroid ,Zelda and most of hte Nintendo franquises right in 2007 that leaves them with only Fzero along some light hitters for the rest of the lifetime of the console .

How many Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy games were released for the PS2? Why can Nintendo only release one version of a game for one of their platforms?

Anyways, as I have said before Nintendo's top selling game on the Gamecube hasn't been released for the Wii (Mario Kart) and they still have a lot of franchises that they can release in 2008. Donkey Kong, Starfox (regular or adventures), Kirby, Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf, Pokemon, F-Zero, and Pilot-Wings are all million selling games that have been released on home consoles; on top of that games like Advance Wars, Golden Sun and Wario have been amazingly popular on handhelds and could (if well developed) become good console games. I also expect that late 2007 and for most of 2008 Nintendo will focus on new franchises that take advantage of the Wii; consider that in late 2005 and through 2006 the DS dominated largely because of sales from Nintendogs and Brain Training which were new franchises designed to work well on the DS.

You guys are missing some other potential in this...

Kid Icarus is still rumoured to be in development...older, underutilized franchises like Punch Out, Earthbound, Pilotwings, Wave Race, F-Zero, 1080 Snowboarding, and others might get new life on Wii.

I also think Intelligent Systems will probably make another Wii Fire Emblem that uses online..

But to me, the one to watch is Mario & Sonic.  If that game does well, imagine the cross over potential.

A co-developed Zelda-FF game (ala Super Mario RPG on the SNES)?

Mario & Sonic in a working, balanced 2D game?

Megaman and Metroid in a 2D game...

Namco-Bandai is getting pretty cozy with Nintendo as well.  Nintendo owns something like 6% or 8% of Bandai, and Namco still owns part of Monolith.  I think if you see Mario & Sonic do well, alot of collaborative classic game characters could end up in games together. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

shams said:

Not to mention new original series that Nintendo will certainly creat on the Wii. I bet the Wii's Nintendogs will be a game that's not on anyone radar right now.