By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Just Won Japan: Nintendo Puts out 2007 Wii release List

No, in this case I think most people refer to an actual 3D Mario Platformer game. I think since we are getting a Mario so soon to launch that we will definitely get 2 true platformers. 2 Metroids for sure. And likely 2 Wii Zeldas. Then we will get 1 version of Mario Kart, F-Zero, all the sports games (plus some more like Mario Football). And all those games are instant sales to many people so Nintendo will keep making them. But also games like brain age of nintendogs have a huge potential for the rest of the market Nintendo wants so we will see a lot of new IPs year after year.

Around the Network

I bet by 2009 Sony will have the most consoles sold in Japan. Thats only if though Sqaure Enix puts the Final Fantasy games and the Dragon Quest games on it exclusivly. Square Enix is major in Japan. I bet if they only made exclusive games for the 360 in Japan the 360 would come out on top there. Plus the main reason people arnt buying it because its 600 bucks. Hell even im considering buying a Wii because the PS3 is to much.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers what do you base that on though? I don't think it's possible for PS3 to overtake Wii in Japan this generation even WITH FFXIII. I don't think they will get DQIX either.

Shane said:
As a general rule, Nintendo usually does two Zeldas. But I did say there are a couple exceptions, no? Last time they did two Marios was NES, so good luck with that.

6 words "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island" ...

Anyways, it doesn't matter that much. If you have ever noticed, Nintendo games (in particular Mario and Zelda) are centered around a distinct gamplay dynamic which is used through out the game; people often argue that no two Zelda games are alike because the gameplay dynamic changes so much from game to game. I suspect that if Nintendo (Myiamoto or his designers) can think of interesting gameplay dynamics to take advantage of the Wiimote for these games we will see sequels.

roadkillers said:
I bet by 2009 Sony will have the most consoles sold in Japan. Thats only if though Sqaure Enix puts the Final Fantasy games and the Dragon Quest games on it exclusivly. Square Enix is major in Japan. I bet if they only made exclusive games for the 360 in Japan the 360 would come out on top there. Plus the main reason people arnt buying it because its 600 bucks. Hell even im considering buying a Wii because the PS3 is to much.

24 Million people bought a PS2 in Japan, 3.61 Million people bought the most popular Square Enix game ... So 5/6 of people who bought a PS2 in Japan (probably) never bought a single Square or Enix game ...

Yeah, I'm sure they will come running for exclusive Square-Enix content on the PS3 though

Around the Network
OriGin said:
roadkillers what do you base that on though? I don't think it's possible for PS3 to overtake Wii in Japan this generation even WITH FFXIII. I don't think they will get DQIX either.

I base it off of my opinion. Every console Square Enix supported always sold more. If SE supports them both equally then the Wii will have more sales. The biggest reason why the Wii is sold out longer then the PS3 is obviously the price. If the PS3 was priced 250 or hell even 400 I would bet it would still be sold out. 600 is just to much to ask. The Good thing about the PS3 is that developers cant just make a game like FFXIII or versus for the PS3 and port them to the Wii. They would have to reduce the graphics alot.

In a way though im happy Nintendo is making money because they were almost on going out of buisness. Well not out of business but they almost had to give up with making consoles but luckily the DS saved them and the Wii is helping them tremendicly. Sony on the other hand has the money and same with Microsoft but Micro is losing tons of money on there system so would just tell them to pull out. There is no point on making video games if you lose money.

Summary:

-I was talking about how the PS3 would have more units sold if they had Square

-How im happy Nintendo is making money again.

-and how microsoft should just submit!!!!

HappySqurriel said:
roadkillers said:

24 Million people bought a PS2 in Japan, 3.61 Million people bought the most popular Square Enix game ... So 5/6 of people who bought a PS2 in Japan (probably) never bought a single Square or Enix game ...

Yeah, I'm sure they will come running for exclusive Square-Enix content on the PS3 though

Ya but some people who bought DQ8 are different from some people who bought FF12. Plus look in Japan Square Enix has the best selling home console game. Look 4/5 of the top selling PS2 games in Japan are Square games. Any game they make sells in Japan because people there trust them to bring big RPG games to them. If the rumors are true of a new Star Ocean game coming onto the PS3 then thats gunna be major help. I dunno all I type is in my opinion.

Roadkillers, why do you think that Square-Enix themselves said "Square-Enix and Nintendo fans should look forward to the SE Party" on May 11 or 12th? I think we can expect some significant announcements. :)

Remember that SE themselves said that FFXIII would be a complete series of games lasting for several years, unlike the previous FF games.

Personally my most anticipated SE title is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. :) 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Well I never heard that yet but if Square Enix did say that it could mean another game for the DS not the Wii. But anything is possible. I heard from credible sites that Nintendo almost went the way of the Dreamcast. Maybe they were wrong but thats what I was baseing my opinion off of.

Yeah but I believe the PSP has been getting more SquareEnix support in Japan than the DS (I could be proven wrong) in terms of actual games and number of new games. I don't think this has really helped the PSP at all in Japan and i'm almost certain that the Wii is just going to follow exactly behind the DS in Japan at it's current rate, only to increase next year to the DS sales levels of this year. This is almost a given for me. Once Wii Health Pack arrives in Japan and around the world, the game is over for hardware.