By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU OS update today? WiiU VC launch tomorrow?

Great, can't wait!

Around the Network
coolguy said:
Is this the big update every body is waiteing for

It's half of it. The other one's in the summer or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
coolguy said:

wonder what the summer one will bring?

Otakumegane said:
coolguy said:

I also feel like any Miiverse updates will be pushed out randomly, since they have already done that to some extent and I think it's all hosted server-side.  Adding internet/smartphone compatibility wouldn't require a system update for instance, and I don't think that those Miiverse features they talked about (tournaments, user sub-communities or whatever it was etc) would either.

I am pretty impressed with how quickly they are getting out these big updates too. I feel like it took MS a while to get out significant updates and the NXE has made the system slower...booo. I didn't have a PS3 until 2 or 3 years ago so I'm not exactly sure on how those worked out.

animegaming said:
Otakumegane said:
coolguy said:

Personally I'm hoping for a reduction in OS RAM usage, and quicker loading speeds for the games themselves.

I mean do we REALLY need 1GB of RAM for that? Who even uses TVii? And folders. Really needs folders. I'd like to keep all my DLed games in 1 folder.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
animegaming said:
Otakumegane said:
coolguy said:

Personally I'm hoping for a reduction in OS RAM usage, and quicker loading speeds for the games themselves.

I mean do we REALLY need 1GB of RAM for that? Who even uses TVii? And folders. Really needs folders. I'd like to keep all my DLed games in 1 folder.

Yeah, more RAM freed up for games would be great. 1GB for the OS is overkill.

curl-6 said:
Tomorrow IS Tuesday! :p

Thanks for that, I was able to make it just in time for work, thought it was still Sunday. *updated title/OP*

Checked if there was an update before leaving and no go.

RicardJulianti said:

Even though they took down the Excitebike picture (I never actually saw it on their page), they did post this one today: 

Updated the OP with the image, gracias por la ayuda!

What time do you think we'll be getting the update? Midnight?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

What time do you think we'll be getting the update? Midnight?

I have a feeling it will be when everyone wakes up... or comes home from work.

I´m pretty sure that the summer update will free up at least 512mb of RAM for Developers, 512mb for the OS, Miiverse and the Internet browser is still plenty !
My Wii U is ready !

orniletter said:
I´m pretty sure that the summer update will free up at least 512mb of RAM for Developers, 512mb for the OS, Miiverse and the Internet browser is still plenty !
My Wii U is ready !

I wouldn't be surprised if this updated made a little more space available as well, maybe 256mb and then another 256 in the summer? Or not, they could just be removing bloat code or something *shrug*

I think the majority of the RAM use comes from keeping the game suspended while you go off into other apps, but they definitely will be able to trim it down. They just need to optimize.  I doubt the summer one will be the last update ever either, just look at how much the 360 changed over the years. I am definitely pumped for the update...more so for the VC as long as they handle it better than the Wii.....no trickle releases for crying out loud.