By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU OS update today? WiiU VC launch tomorrow?

wow im glad i walked into this thread. thx burninmylight

Around the Network

i'm gonna wait awhile before i download the update :)

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

LLLLLLIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

snyps said:
wow im glad i walked into this thread. thx burninmylight

No prob. It took about an hour to download on my modest 3Mbps service, so it'll probably go a lot quicker for most of you.

2-3h for me :(
well maybe because everyone else is dling it right now

edit:
ok now I got an error message and the dl stoped :(
it says 703mb for me

Around the Network
Lusche said:

I notice that downloads on the Wii U go by faster than the initial estimated time it gives you in the first couple of minutes. It originally told me about an hour and a half, but it took slightly less than one hour for me. It could have more to do with my connection though.

Took me ~45 minutes for download/install. Navigation is noticeably quicker. :D

Here's a changelog of features for those interested:

Version 3.0.0 U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

New Features:

• A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
  • Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
  • Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu *¹

Changes to System Settings:

• An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in "Data Management"
    • To facilitate this feature, you will now be able to connect two USB storage devices to a single Wii U console*²
  • The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in "Data Management"
  • The option to adjust screen size is now available under "TV" *³
  • "Auto Power-Down" has been renamed "Power Settings"
    • Options for the standby function are located within this menu

Changes to Miiverse:

• Added support for the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Controller
  • Handwritten posts will now also display on the TV screen during creation
  • "Undo" and "Redo" buttons are now available when creating a handwritten post
  • Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

• Software downloaded from the Nintendo eShop will include released updates and will no longer need to be updated after installation
  • Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to the Internet Browser:

• Added support for the Wii Remote and Wii U Pro Controller
  • Added the option to change search engines when performing a keyword search
  • Added the option to return to the start page from the bookmark menu

Changes to Download Management:

• Added the option to change the priority of downloads

Improvements to system stability and usability:

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

*1 User selection may be necessary

*2 Only one USB storage device can be used during normal use

*3 A similar option has been removed from Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, and the Internet Browser

( Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_update.jsp?menu=general_info&submenu=wup-online-gi-update )

Sweet, sounds like I'll be replaying SMW this weekend, might start Xenoblade finally now that I don't have to plug back in the Wii (or start the Wii U and then reboot into Wii mode) - once I finish the last few quests on MH3U of course.

Yah!

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

burninmylight said:
Lusche said:

I notice that downloads on the Wii U go by faster than the initial estimated time it gives you in the first couple of minutes. It originally told me about an hour and a half, but it took slightly less than one hour for me. It could have more to do with my connection though.

yeah at the download manager it now says a bit more then 1h ...

Dat Wii U mometum.