By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU OS update today? WiiU VC launch tomorrow?

We knew the system update was coming this week, who knew it would be as early as today! The ND told us that the VC would launch tomorrow after the spring update of today and knowing that the investors meeting is on the 24th, they have today and tomorrow to release both. Makes perfect sense.

If logic fails, you also have Excitebike's release date (although not a 100% reliable) or these images posted by Nintendo's Facebook these past few days. 

Source

----

We'll find out soon enough

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

looks like it ^-^

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I hope the update goes live at midnight. I have work so i can just leave it to download, install and automatically power down.

Nintendo.com has Excitebike listed as available in the Wii U eShop on April 23, so there's that.

My WiiU is ready! I'm really excited for this.  I've been playing a lot of wii virtual console titles lately. :)

Around the Network

Sounds good. It'll be nice to have Super Mario World playable on my Gamepad.

Is this the big update every body is waiteing for

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Tomorrow IS Tuesday! :p

Seriously though, it will be good to get that OS into shape, the load times at present are a pain. (Maybe I'm just impatient. God knows how I ever survived the PS1... XD)

I honestly don't have that big of a problem with the load times right now. They can be a little irksome but if that's the way it is, that's the way it is. I have never had a system freeze, other than the known bug in Runner 2 that has since been fixed, and I don't visit the settings enough to have that be a problem. Even returning to the home menu isn't that big of a deal. If I do that, I am likely to switch discs so having the load time is just a chance for me to get off my butt. If I go to play an eShop title, I might take the disc out anyway since for some reason the Wii U likes to keep it running regardless. 

But hey, an update is sweet and there will be another one in the summer.....and probably some less intensive Miiverse updates to add functionality. MUCH faster with these system updates than Sony or MS after launch. MS's updates even made the console slower.....I miss the quickness of the pre-NXE setup :-

Even though they took down the Excitebike picture (I never actually saw it on their page), they did post this one today: 

archbrix said:
Sounds good. It'll be nice to have Super Mario World playable on my Gamepad.

that's it bro!