By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection spotted for PS3

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

Holy Sh*t!!! Awesome 19 32.20%

Shut the f*ck up and take my money! 13 22.03%

Yeah!! 24 hours of non stop movies! 8 13.56%

meh.. 8 13.56%

this option kills a baby kitten 11 18.64%

Total:59

He really needs to get MGS4 on the 360 somehow though. Theres a part of the fanbase that never experienced it.

KHLover, it isnt included because just like Bayonetta 2, Nintendo holds publishing rights to it. :)

Around the Network

Needs Twin Snakes HD.

Needs.

Carl2291 said:
Needs Twin Snakes HD.

Needs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"I showed them total warfare. Like i said, there's a lot you can learn from old books."- Caesar New Vegas

This will just be a voucher for mgs1 and the collection with mgs4, that would still be ok for me.

Around the Network

Why are you people killing kittens!!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

andyh1896 said:
KHlover said:
I would only buy it if "The Twin Snakes" is included, still don't understand why it wasn't included in the HD rerelease...

My bet would be Nintendo has some rights to it as it was was partly developed by Silicon knights and they don't wont it to be released on a Sony console.

Hm, then maybe we'll see a remake with the engine of MGS2 and MGS3. I just want to play MGS1 with proper graphics and the "new" combat system^^

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"I showed them total warfare. Like i said, there's a lot you can learn from old books."- Caesar New Vegas

Chark said:
Well every PS3 can play PS1 games so they could have a collection that has an actually CD MGS.

I would love it if that had an HD version of Twin Snakes. I would so buy it.

andyh1896 said:
KHlover said:
I would only buy it if "The Twin Snakes" is included, still don't understand why it wasn't included in the HD rerelease...

My bet would be Nintendo has some rights to it as it was was partly developed by Silicon knights and they don't wont it to be released on a Sony console.

Just as I presumed, they just weren't happy with Twin Snakes.

I found this article.

"That was a remake made by Silicone Knights. We supervised it but we didn’t create it directly and we wanted to make sure that everything in the HD Collection was canon. Everything that goes into there is something created directly by Kojima Productions and Kojima himself. So that is the reason why Twin Snakes was not included in HD Collection."

http://www.examiner.com/article/kojipro-explains-twin-snakes-exclusion-from-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection

They should give the original MGS the Halo Anniversary treatment. Take the old code and put pretty graphics over it. That way the game is intact but looks awesome.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)