By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection spotted for PS3

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

Holy Sh*t!!! Awesome 19 32.20%

Shut the f*ck up and take my money! 13 22.03%

Yeah!! 24 hours of non stop movies! 8 13.56%

meh.. 8 13.56%

this option kills a baby kitten 11 18.64%

Total:59

Looks like

MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4 and Peace Walker all look confirmed by that poster.

I'd say they'd chuck in MG1 an MG2 like they did in the HD collection and I wonder if they'll put in Portable ops?

A great collection for anyone who has yet to play the games, I myself am not interested as I have already got MGS1, the HD collection and MGS4.

Around the Network

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"I showed them total warfare. Like i said, there's a lot you can learn from old books."- Caesar New Vegas

Haha I'm just excited to get rid of my only old PS3 game case (MGS4). Bring it!

Mr Puggsly said:
Chark said:
andyh1896 said:

Hmm there is no where near enough room on a single blu ray if mgs4 is included. This might be the only ps3 game on multiple discs.

It's not one game and there are other collections that have multiple disks like the God of War Saga, Infamous Collection, and Uncharted dual pack.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

I gotta swap disc to play the whole series? WTF! I thought Bluray solved this disc swapping thing!

Thanks Obama!

OT: If it includes Twin Snakes, day one!

Lol! that was seriously funny

andyh1896 said:

Hmm there is no where near enough room on a single blu ray if mgs4 is included. This might be the only ps3 game on multiple discs.

Actually God of War Saga and Infamous Collection both come on 2 discs.  Given they could have probably fit them on one but they still come in 1 case and have different discs than the separate releases (GoW also has 2 of games as download slips).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I have them all on PS3 already so... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

first day

andyh1896 said:

Wrong.

MGS4 is about 30GB and that's with a shed load of additional languages, english only would be about 18GB.

MGS1 is about 1GB if removing duplicate entries across both discs (as you logically would)

MGS2 is about 5GB

MGS3 is about 5GB

Easy fit on a 45GB Bluray disc, even taking into account I may out a few GB.

In fact, since they will have the original video files for MGS2/3 non compressed, they could compress them in a MPEG-4/AVC as videos on a Bluray/MGS4 are and likely take that down to about 3GB with same image quality for video for MGS2/3.

Same goes for MGS1, that could be taken down to a single CD - 700MB easy.

Even MGS4 could be tweaked to use lossless compression for the audio and shave off 5-6GB, with no reduction in audio quality at all.

You could almost fit the whole lot on a single layer Bluray.

It would be awesome if they ported Twin Snakes to PS3

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Mr Puggsly said:
Chark said:
andyh1896 said:

It's not one game and there are other collections that have multiple disks like the God of War Saga, Infamous Collection, and Uncharted dual pack.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

I gotta swap disc to play the whole series? WTF! I thought Bluray solved this disc swapping thing!

Thanks Obama!

OT: If it includes Twin Snakes, day one!

I blame Clinton!