By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will win E3 2013?

Who will Win E3 2013

Nintendo 208 39.39%

Sony 223 42.23%

Microsoft 97 18.37%

Total:528

aaaaaaaaa

"I showed them total warfare. Like i said, there's a lot you can learn from old books."- Caesar New Vegas

Around the Network

Nintendo or Sony will win. Nintendo needs to win, and has the most potential to do so. Microsoft will be talking about a new Kinect, which pretty much guarantees that they are not going to win.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

gosh i wish konami had a press conference this year, their last one was hilarious

Xbox has to win, they have so much to show. They are due for a upturn. Take it easy on media and kinect, no singing lol, and they got it.

Sony will talk games, features, and generally have no flash or theatre to their conference (like every year), but all they gotta do is show one new game and the fans will declare them the winner (sigh....).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

First Place: Nintendo, as they will have many games to show off and most will be playable. Games rule, and Nintendo will bring games at E3 2013. Sony and MS would be too caught up with their new consoles and getting their announcements right, to actually have much games to show or be playable - Games Rule not Consoles.

Second Place: Microsoft, as they will have the newest and the shiniest console, even newer than PS4 so far as reveal is concerned. With talk of all new features and backwards compatibility with 360 and Xbox, 720 should do well. However, a distinct lack of playable blockbuster games will hurt them - cue Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.

Third Place: Sony, as they will not have the advantage of a console reveal and will not have many blockbuster games playable. Sony will show what is possible on PS4 in months to come, but it would fall short behind Microsoft's new console reveal and Nintendo's playable games.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
snyps said:
Xbox will win most hype. All the have to do is anounce 720 backwards compatable and the rest is sealed. Nintendo will win best playable games since they had they time to tinker the most. Hype always wins so I say microsift

Tell me the last time Microsoft had a good E3....lol...oh wait...2008 when they were taking third party exclusives from Sony.

And that is why they won't "win" an E3 ever, right? But I get the feeling that many wouldn't ever admit a "win" by MS, no matter what they show.

Wait...in the past three years what sign has Microsoft shown of giving a shit about what core gamers think. You know...the people who actually watch E3. They put they showed the core gamers what they plan to bring to the mass audience the majority of the time. The majority of their unveilings were third party, including the yearly unveiling of the next COD installment which always premieres at their events.

I didn't say otherwise but say that this does not mean you can infer anything from that to this year.

Yeah, Microsoft is pretty predictable. They will fight for gamers good graces in the first couple years and then drop them like a bad habit after the mid point of the gen.

Well that is just pure guesswork with nothing to back it up, since MS cared about core gamers a lot with the origional Xbox. With all the talent they bought up in the last few years dedicated to next gen projects, it aint like they will ALL be fired after a few years mid gen. MS's problem was always a lack of in-house talent. They supposedly have that now. So give that trash sentiment a rest.

They are expanding into media capabilities for a while, which Sony has silently followed suit on at every turn. But its ok.....since they distract you with their 1st party exclusives right? Well MS is getting to that point, except now both their media and games will take the spotlight.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'd say Sony.

They've still got more PS4 details to announce and (hopefully) a lot of launch games to show. Then they have PS3 games and (possibly) Vita games to show on top of that. Nintendo doesn't seem to make a big effort for E3 and it seems like they're announcing most of their stuff over Nintendo Direct now.

I guess Microsoft could win if the 720 unveil turns out to be great and Sony ends up showing most of their content at Gamescom.

daveJ said:
MS - not much can compete with an unveiling of a console

if they don't unveil before hand

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

IF nintendo announces the new project retro is working on and if they still have enough games to announce, they will will. But I am not sure

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
snyps said:
Xbox will win most hype. All the have to do is anounce 720 backwards compatable and the rest is sealed. Nintendo will win best playable games since they had they time to tinker the most. Hype always wins so I say microsift

Tell me the last time Microsoft had a good E3....lol...oh wait...2008 when they were taking third party exclusives from Sony.

And that is why they won't "win" an E3 ever, right? But I get the feeling that many wouldn't ever admit a "win" by MS, no matter what they show.

Wait...in the past three years what sign has Microsoft shown of giving a shit about what core gamers think. You know...the people who actually watch E3. They put they showed the core gamers what they plan to bring to the mass audience the majority of the time. The majority of their unveilings were third party, including the yearly unveiling of the next COD installment which always premieres at their events.

I didn't say otherwise but say that this does not mean you can infer anything from that to this year.

Yeah, Microsoft is pretty predictable. They will fight for gamers good graces in the first couple years and then drop them like a bad habit after the mid point of the gen.

Well that is just pure guesswork with nothing to back it up, since MS cared about core gamers a lot with the origional Xbox. With all the talent they bought up in the last few years dedicated to next gen projects, it aint like they will ALL be fired after a few years mid gen. MS's problem was always a lack of in-house talent. They supposedly have that now. So give that trash sentiment a rest.

They are expanding into media capabilities for a while, which Sony has silently followed suit on at every turn. But its ok.....since they distract you with their 1st party exclusives right? Well MS is getting to that point, except now both their media and games will take the spotlight.

Microsoft had no idea what they were in for the original Xbox and they depended on third party developers hand and foot because their first party sucked. The game games that made it out of last gen, are the same games that made it out of this gen. No new titles for MS made it to next gen. Why? Microsoft shows an impressive list of games at the beginning (just like this gen and last gen) they pour into it and they get good or okish scores whilst paying third party to make the majority of the good exclusives for them. They drop all the games they made (like last gen) and then focus on the third party IP ::Cough::Knights of the old republic::cough:: and then all they've got to show for themselves at the end of the gen is Halo, Forza and Fable. Now that Molyneux's team imploded who knows whats going to happen to Fable? At the end of the mid to end point of the gens they drop first party to a minimum and just let the third party take over. 

Finally, Microsoft shows something different, that they are figuring things out that in order to make games fresher and newer you need to create your own team and dedicated all the best resources into that game to make it true first party. I loved Halo 4 and wow...now Microsoft can finally stand up against Sony in first party. I can't wait to see what they do next because they will do the same thing because they have acquired some of the industries best to make games for them under a roof they created dedicated to games. They dont work well with companies they acquire, so this is just perfect. Can't wait...because their next gen and E3 should be good. I think Xbox gamers will be very happy with their offerings.

Sony started multimedia capabilities on consoles, Microsoft perfected online capabilities. Microsoft only joined the industry because of that.