By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will win E3 2013?

Who will Win E3 2013

Nintendo 208 39.39%

Sony 223 42.23%

Microsoft 97 18.37%

Total:528
Veknoid_Outcast said:
It should be a great few days for everyone. Microsoft is the big question mark. It could dominate the show with a bunch of huge revelations and exclusives games, or it could place last, like it did last year.

Sony, I'm sure, will perform well, especially if Tretton is running the show. He knows how to work a crowd and, more importantly, he knows his audience and the strengths of Sony's products.

But if I was a betting man, I would put my money on Nintendo. It needs to drum up enthusiasm for the Wii U and keep momentum going with 3DS. I expect to see a lot of software: Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D, Super Smash Bros., Monolith Soft's "X," Retro's project, Yarn Yoshi, Wii Sports, plus a few games for 3DS, including Metroid, Pokemon, and the Monolith Soft portable game.

but don't Nintendo Directs kind of spoil E3 for Nintendo?  I mean if they had held back ALttP 2 for E3 that would have been huge!  Instead it's on some site on a random April day that I see it.  Last year they showed most of the WiiU stuff the day before their conference then showed a bunch of nothing after Pikmin 3.  Not saying they don't have great content to show, it's just that they don't really tend to show a ton at E3 itself.  Sony on the other hand nailed it even with a dying console last year other than 15 minutes or so (you know what I mean) especially with Beyond being revealed.  Remember they still haven't announced what the Uncharted 3 team is doing.  It'll have been 2 years this holiday and PS4 is easy to develop for...

I won't talk about MS because when I express my very honest feelings on them I tend to get banned.  Can I get banned for saying that?  I hope not.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
Torillian said:
As I recall from last year whichever company has unreleased hardware to show off is the winner, so it's between MS and Sony.

Unless nintendo blindsides us with WiiOnU and 4DS!

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Nintendo plain and simple. They have games that have been cooking for a long long time now, there is no way they don't just destroy both companies with games. I expect more Wii U exclusives than PS4 and Nextbox exclusives combined.

platformmaster918 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
It should be a great few days for everyone. Microsoft is the big question mark. It could dominate the show with a bunch of huge revelations and exclusives games, or it could place last, like it did last year.

Sony, I'm sure, will perform well, especially if Tretton is running the show. He knows how to work a crowd and, more importantly, he knows his audience and the strengths of Sony's products.

But if I was a betting man, I would put my money on Nintendo. It needs to drum up enthusiasm for the Wii U and keep momentum going with 3DS. I expect to see a lot of software: Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D, Super Smash Bros., Monolith Soft's "X," Retro's project, Yarn Yoshi, Wii Sports, plus a few games for 3DS, including Metroid, Pokemon, and the Monolith Soft portable game.

but don't Nintendo Directs kind of spoil E3 for Nintendo?  I mean if they had held back ALttP 2 for E3 that would have been huge!  Instead it's on some site on a random April day that I see it.  Last year they showed most of the WiiU stuff the day before their conference then showed a bunch of nothing after Pikmin 3.  Not saying they don't have great content to show, it's just that they don't really tend to show a ton at E3 itself.  Sony on the other hand nailed it even with a dying console last year other than 15 minutes or so (you know what I mean) especially with Beyond being revealed.  Remember they still haven't announced what the Uncharted 3 team is doing.  It'll have been 2 years this holiday and PS4 is easy to develop for...

I won't talk about MS because when I express my very honest feelings on them I tend to get banned.  Can I get banned for saying that?  I hope not.

Haha, I definitely know what you mean. I actually think the Nintendo and Sony presentations weren't too far apart last year. Sony won, but only by a slight margin. It was The Last of Us that really pushed it over the top.

I understand your point about the Nintendo Directs -- they do steal some of the thunder that could be deployed at E3 -- but for all the surprises Nintendo has unveiled recently via Nintendo Direct it still hasn't show footage from some of its biggest series: Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and Super Mario. Plus there are several franchises that are big question marks: Star Fox, F-Zero, Wii Sports, Metroid. Nintendo could simply overwhelm Sony and Microsoft with software announcements or, in the case of already-announced games, new footage.

Duh, Bethesda

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
Whoever shows me the best JRPG.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boutros said:
Square Enix.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
platformmaster918 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Haha, I definitely know what you mean. I actually think the Nintendo and Sony presentations weren't too far apart last year. Sony won, but only by a slight margin. It was The Last of Us that really pushed it over the top.

I understand your point about the Nintendo Directs -- they do steal some of the thunder that could be deployed at E3 -- but for all the surprises Nintendo has unveiled recently via Nintendo Direct it still hasn't show footage from some of its biggest series: Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and Super Mario. Plus there are several franchises that are big question marks: Star Fox, F-Zero, Wii Sports, Metroid. Nintendo could simply overwhelm Sony and Microsoft with software announcements or, in the case of already-announced games, new footage.

yeah I suppose they have only shown trailers or announced that they have "a new 3D Mario (I think they said that)" and "a new Zelda" which they only said the dungeons could be done in any order so I suppose they still have the actual footage to reveal, but that kind of takes the "WHA REALLY?" factor of those announcements away which is a large part of why I watch E3 conferences.  I want to be surprised.  Now if they have Mario Kart, 3D Mario, and Zelda ready for this holiday on WiiU that would be damn surprising and an awesome announcement if even 2 of the 3 were coming (most likely the 2 Marios).  The ending for them kind of gave me a sour taste (cause I thought I was going to get a big suprise WiiU launch title and I got fireworks) but I suppose the conference was good overal.  If Sony has 2 games for PS4 from their top studios that would be great (MM, ND, GG, and SSM would get me most excited especially for new IP on PS4) and if they could couple it with a good price ($450 for a 1tb model would be amazing) and say existing PS+ subs cover all the Gaikai stuff that would be amazing and tough to beat.  If Nintendo can get Mario Kart and 3D out this year (show gameplay) and show off Smash, Zelda U, and maybe blindside me with a new DKC (one of my favorite Wii games) then they would probably overpower even those Sony announcements.  Oh and Sony may cut price of PS3 to counteract a PS4 dropoff effect.  God there's so many big things that are going to be at the show this year I just need it to be June!  Gotta remember to request June 11-14 off at work for this stuff lol

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

New hardware attracts more attention, so I don't expect Nintendo to win this year.

Unless of course Sony and MS decide to waste our time talking about shit like WonderBook and Multimidia functionalities.

Sony wins most of the time so i'll say Sony. They are the most consistant crowd pleaser at E3. Microsoft tends not to care what gamers think so they push Kinect and third party games and Nintendo is hit or miss.