By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The WiiU is selling, WITHOUT games.

The WiiU is selling WITHOUT games?

Yes. People have faith in Nintendo. 176 40.93%

No. People want LEGO CITY. 36 8.37%

Yes, people are desespera... 20 4.65%

No. It will fail. 111 25.81%

All girls look hot in corsets. 87 20.23%

Total:430
pezus said:
Sure. By definition it's selling. There's a question of quantity though .

Around the Network
Mensrea said:
You know what? It absolutely doesn't deserve any sales it gets. Nintendo has dropped the ball on what could have been a respectable launch. If Pikmin and Wonderful 101 had launched a reasonable time frames, then I wouldn't be so pissed. But the fact that neither have release dates is ridiculous.

Are they suppose to release this quarter? If so I expect a botch launch from stores or Nintendo then.

JakDaSnack said:
veritaz said:
Ljink96 said:
Would you trust a dentist that has been doing work for 25+ years? Would you trust a doctor with 25+ years of experience to cut your stomach open and remove your pancreas? If you answered "yes"Then you can trust Nintendo because they've been making successful games for 25+ years! WOW! Who would have thought!

There's no Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, Sonic, Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokemon, (NEW) Dragon Quest, 3D Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, on the Wii U and it is still doing okay. Just wait until E3.
I bet you 1 million dollars that Nintendo's software steals the show.

Lower that bet to $10 and you got a deal, Nintendo games didn't steal the show the last few e3s and they won't now. People know what they are expecting, no way they can steal the show.

Nintendo didn't announce any new games the last few years....in fact the only E3 where Nintendo announced even half of the upcoming Nintendo games that we will see at E3 this year was back in 2009(I think), when they revealed Donkey kong returns, NSMBW, Zelda skyward sword, Kirby's epic yarn, kid icuars etc.  And yes, Nintendo arguably did steal though show that year.

I still have my money on Sony winning out of the big 3 at e3 again like last year.  They also did announce a lot of the wii u games at 2011 like smash bros, zelda hd and such.

I would't call 47k "pretty nice numbers", actually I think they're terrible for a new console. I think people's view is a bit skewed because they're comparing them to dying consoles.

PS3 or 360 never sold that low. The lowest 360 sold was 61k and the lowest PS3 sold (post EU launch) was 58k. WiiU is selling way below that consistently.

SW will help, of course. Those consoles never had droughts this bad, even PS3 post-launch.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Otakumegane said:
No. I want Pikmin 3 right now.

Some launch window my ass. I'm honestly pissed. (And MH3U getting fatigued)
The only reason I'm still hopeful at this point is I still don't know what Retro has.
But Nintendo really better have a good ambassadors program for me.

well to be fair, Ninty didnt force you to buy a Wii U, you knew what was coming down the pipe or in thisi case what wasnt coming down. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Otakumegane said:
No. I want Pikmin 3 right now.

Some launch window my ass. I'm honestly pissed. (And MH3U getting fatigued)
The only reason I'm still hopeful at this point is I still don't know what Retro has.
But Nintendo really better have a good ambassadors program for me.

well to be fair, Ninty didnt force you to buy a Wii U, you knew what was coming down the pipe or in thisi case what wasnt coming down. 

Yeah and they said 101 and Pikmin 3 would be arriving "launch window"

Oh well at least I have a lot on my 3DS. (Just wish I had some GBA games on it *grumble grumble*)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

WiiU is selling but not well.

20,000 consoles a week WORLDWIDE is selling?

We can safely say that 20,000 in sales represent people buying "just because its there".

Do you understand there are like 5 billion people on the earth, like 1 billion of them probably have the means to buy a WiiU and 20,000 of them are bying a WiiU a week?

Lets put it this way...the xbox360...a console much hated by the japanese because its non-japanese...it's going to outsell the WiiU in just Japan some weeks if this keeps up.

LOL at these threads. Keep patting yourself on the back over 20,000 in sales. If they keep these numbers up, they might break even in like...2035 or something.

veritaz said:
JakDaSnack said:
veritaz said:
Ljink96 said:
Would you trust a dentist that has been doing work for 25+ years? Would you trust a doctor with 25+ years of experience to cut your stomach open and remove your pancreas? If you answered "yes"Then you can trust Nintendo because they've been making successful games for 25+ years! WOW! Who would have thought!

There's no Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, Sonic, Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokemon, (NEW) Dragon Quest, 3D Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, on the Wii U and it is still doing okay. Just wait until E3.
I bet you 1 million dollars that Nintendo's software steals the show.

Lower that bet to $10 and you got a deal, Nintendo games didn't steal the show the last few e3s and they won't now. People know what they are expecting, no way they can steal the show.

Nintendo didn't announce any new games the last few years....in fact the only E3 where Nintendo announced even half of the upcoming Nintendo games that we will see at E3 this year was back in 2009(I think), when they revealed Donkey kong returns, NSMBW, Zelda skyward sword, Kirby's epic yarn, kid icuars etc.  And yes, Nintendo arguably did steal though show that year.

I still have my money on Sony winning out of the big 3 at e3 again like last year.  They also did announce a lot of the wii u games at 2011 like smash bros, zelda hd and such.

Nintendo has already announced 7 games that will be shown at E3 this year, and that doesn't incloude Miyamota's new IP, or Retro's new title.  A lot of the Sony devs are finishing up projects this year so likely other than what is already announced, there won't be much.  And as far as 2011, there is a huge difference between mentioning a game they haven't started working on, and showing a trailer for the game, but like I said, they are going to be showing around 9 first party games at least, with 8 of them being core titles.  And Idk about Sony winning, maybe arguably, but both Nintendo and Sony had terrible E3's last year, and Nintendo did show a lot more core games than Sony did, but that's including the 3ds games, and Nintendo also showed a lot of shovelware.

Personally,I think it's Nintendo's to lose.  But hey, either way, as long as we are arguing over which conference is "Better" instead of which one is "worse" like last year, I'm more than happy:P

Something...Something...Games...Something

I seriously want MS to be more serious this E3 no Usher!!!!! plz!!!! show the new Xbox that will answer the important questions that people are asking