By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The WiiU is selling, WITHOUT games.

The WiiU is selling WITHOUT games?

Yes. People have faith in Nintendo. 176 40.93%

No. People want LEGO CITY. 36 8.37%

Yes, people are desespera... 20 4.65%

No. It will fail. 111 25.81%

All girls look hot in corsets. 87 20.23%

Total:430
Ljink96 said:
Would you trust a dentist that has been doing work for 25+ years? Would you trust a doctor with 25+ years of experience to cut your stomach open and remove your pancreas? If you answered "yes"Then you can trust Nintendo because they've been making successful games for 25+ years! WOW! Who would have thought!

There's no Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, Sonic, Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokemon, (NEW) Dragon Quest, 3D Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, on the Wii U and it is still doing okay. Just wait until E3.
I bet you 1 million dollars that Nintendo's software steals the show.

Lower that bet to $10 and you got a deal, Nintendo games didn't steal the show the last few e3s and they won't now. People know what they are expecting, no way they can steal the show.

Around the Network

I've said this for a while now.

Wii U is selling really bad. However it should be selling a lot worse!

veritaz said:
Ljink96 said:
Would you trust a dentist that has been doing work for 25+ years? Would you trust a doctor with 25+ years of experience to cut your stomach open and remove your pancreas? If you answered "yes"Then you can trust Nintendo because they've been making successful games for 25+ years! WOW! Who would have thought!

There's no Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, Sonic, Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokemon, (NEW) Dragon Quest, 3D Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, on the Wii U and it is still doing okay. Just wait until E3.
I bet you 1 million dollars that Nintendo's software steals the show.

Lower that bet to $10 and you got a deal, Nintendo games didn't steal the show the last few e3s and they won't now. People know what they are expecting, no way they can steal the show.

Nintendo didn't announce any new games the last few years....in fact the only E3 where Nintendo announced even half of the upcoming Nintendo games that we will see at E3 this year was back in 2009(I think), when they revealed Donkey kong returns, NSMBW, Zelda skyward sword, Kirby's epic yarn, kid icuars etc.  And yes, Nintendo arguably did steal though show that year.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Count me in

nintendo had a good e3 in 2011, but their 2012 was extremely disappointing

Around the Network
D-Minaj225 said:

I don't know about you, but I find more exciting the Wii U from E3 2011 than the actual released console.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

WagnerPaiva said:

The WiiU is selling, WITHOUT games.

Well, not really, there was LEGO CITY.

But wait, since when a Lego game is a system seller? Never happened before, maybe GTA and Final Fantasy, but, LEGO?

But the console is getting pretty nice numbers, outselling the VITA and getting a respectable 4th spot on the charts, with very little to offer in terms of software.

More than that, early adopters of next gen console generally buy the EYE CANDY tittles, the games that show up the graphical and horse power greatness of the new toy. The WiiU don´t have any of those yet, maybe they are coming, but, granted, what we can get right now looks and plays just like last gen games.

So, THE WIIU IS A HUGE SUCCESS and their selling numbers show the hunger of consumers for new video game machines.

My point is: If the WiiU is selling without any real amazing game, this is very good news for the industry overall, imagine the hype and desiree the big boys will cause in november.

Or, even the WiiU, when the good games arrive, imagine how much excitement there will be around the thing.

So, what you guys think?

LOL this is just getting desperate.  We won't know for sure if it is a massive let down until a year from now, but it is NOT doing well.  All you are doing is putting a bow on a turd...

It's sales are declining and it's clear the bump was due to both MH3 and a price cut in some regions.

Pavolink said:
D-Minaj225 said:

I don't know about you, but I find more exciting the Wii U from E3 2011 than the actual released console.

yep it gained my attention when they first showed it but I completely lost all of that excitement last year

You know what? It absolutely doesn't deserve any sales it gets. Nintendo has dropped the ball on what could have been a respectable launch. If Pikmin and Wonderful 101 had launched a reasonable time frames, then I wouldn't be so pissed. But the fact that neither have release dates is ridiculous.