By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The WiiU is selling, WITHOUT games.

The WiiU is selling WITHOUT games?

Yes. People have faith in Nintendo. 176 40.93%

No. People want LEGO CITY. 36 8.37%

Yes, people are desespera... 20 4.65%

No. It will fail. 111 25.81%

All girls look hot in corsets. 87 20.23%

Total:430

The wiiU is not selling well yet, after e3 and the first batch of new games everything ashould look better.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Nintendo just has an extremely loyal fanbase. If it had literally no games, zero games, it'd still be selling. 

When the 3DS was released, before the price drop to $169, it didn't sell to Nintendo's expectations, but the system still sold fairly well.  There was literally nothing of interest up until that time and it was doing pretty good.  The Vita comes out and there are good games, but the system doesn't sell. 

Good games with fewer games released = no sale.  More games whether they're good or whether they're massive amounts of shovelware = take all of our money.

Half of 7-year old consoles sales isn't called "selling"

Mmmm, corsets...

Sorry, what was the topic supposed to be about?

D-Minaj225 said:
I seriously want MS to be more serious this E3 no Usher!!!!! plz!!!! show the new Xbox that will answer the important questions that people are asking

Don't worry, this time there will no be Usher...they'll use Nicki Minaj wearing a corset...

Around the Network

Just yesterday I almost bought a Wii U, only to be able to play LEGO City.

It took me almost 10 minutes to tell myself that I really shouldn't spend 360 Euros just for one single video game before I finally convinced myself and left the shop without Wii U and Lego City. But I seriously fear that I could soon fall into relapse. So judging from my own experience, I believe LEGO City could currently indeed almost be a kind of system seller. Either way: When some more very popular games come out (some real Mario, a new Zelda), I believe the Wii U will sell. It's just that right now, the console is still having too few very popular titles to really justify buying the Wii U already.

AshKetchum1992 said:
D-Minaj225 said:
I seriously want MS to be more serious this E3 no Usher!!!!! plz!!!! show the new Xbox that will answer the important questions that people are asking

Don't worry, this time there will no be Usher...they'll use Nicki Minaj wearing a corset...

hell no MS will never hire that tool

Otakumegane said:
oniyide said:
Otakumegane said:
No. I want Pikmin 3 right now.

Some launch window my ass. I'm honestly pissed. (And MH3U getting fatigued)
The only reason I'm still hopeful at this point is I still don't know what Retro has.
But Nintendo really better have a good ambassadors program for me.

well to be fair, Ninty didnt force you to buy a Wii U, you knew what was coming down the pipe or in thisi case what wasnt coming down. 

Yeah and they said 101 and Pikmin 3 would be arriving "launch window"

Oh well at least I have a lot on my 3DS. (Just wish I had some GBA games on it *grumble grumble*)

And you believed them? I dont trust anyone until i get a solid release date. down to the day and that goes double for Ninty.

Troll_Whisperer said:
I would't call 47k "pretty nice numbers", actually I think they're terrible for a new console. I think people's view is a bit skewed because they're comparing them to dying consoles.

PS3 or 360 never sold that low. The lowest 360 sold was 61k and the lowest PS3 sold (post EU launch) was 58k. WiiU is selling way below that consistently.

SW will help, of course. Those consoles never had droughts this bad, even PS3 post-launch.

This, some people are living in a fantasy world, its getting whooped badly by a console thats been on the market for 7 years.

oniyide said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I would't call 47k "pretty nice numbers", actually I think they're terrible for a new console. I think people's view is a bit skewed because they're comparing them to dying consoles.

PS3 or 360 never sold that low. The lowest 360 sold was 61k and the lowest PS3 sold (post EU launch) was 58k. WiiU is selling way below that consistently.

SW will help, of course. Those consoles never had droughts this bad, even PS3 post-launch.

This, some people are living in a fantasy world, its getting whooped badly by a console thats been on the market for 7 years.

The point of OP though is that, though the system has "no gamez", it's still selling okay.