By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The WiiU is selling, WITHOUT games.

The WiiU is selling WITHOUT games?

Yes. People have faith in Nintendo. 176 40.93%

No. People want LEGO CITY. 36 8.37%

Yes, people are desespera... 20 4.65%

No. It will fail. 111 25.81%

All girls look hot in corsets. 87 20.23%

Total:430

sooon and people will say,Wii U its a beast

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
oniyide said:

If its all relative the OP cant be correct, becasue it is his OPINION that it is doing ok. And no it doesnt have just those games. it has COD, Batman, ME, AC, JD...these are franchises that are million sellers +. I imagine when it get games then it will do ok and then it will be good.

The games you listed (bar JD) don't sell Nintendo consoles. We finally understood that, you're still expecting the nature of the industry to change after all this?

COD, Batman, ME, AC,  these don't seel U's. 

The point is that the U is showing healthy levels, all things considered. In other words (what that actually means) is that when games that are expected to sell Nintendo consoles actually do come out, everything will be back to normal. Had the numbers been anemic (like 2k weekly), that would have been very worrisome and not an indicator of what I just projected.

thats not what some Ninty fans have been saying. Some have sworn that those games didnt sell on Wii cause they were not as good as the PS360 versions, but now we have comparable versions and they still arent doing a thing. BUt i agree they were not gonna sell Us. But Mario should have

If you think its showing healthy levels, then PS3 must have been doing fantastic even when it was at its worst, which is even more good for Sony considering that the PS3 was what 150 dollars more than Wii U is now? With no gamez as well? Believe what you want, but until I see better numbers or at least it selling close to the damn 360 I will continue to say its not good. and others will too

oniyide said:

thats not what some Ninty fans have been saying. Some have sworn that those games didnt sell on Wii cause they were not as good as the PS360 versions, but now we have comparable versions and they still arent doing a thing. BUt i agree they were not gonna sell Us. But Mario should have

If you think its showing healthy levels, then PS3 must have been doing fantastic even when it was at its worst, which is even more good for Sony considering that the PS3 was what 150 dollars more than Wii U is now? With no gamez as well? Believe what you want, but until I see better numbers or at least it selling close to the damn 360 I will continue to say its not good. and others will too

Your relative scales are broken. When the PS3 came out, it was released at the wake of an undisputed market leader. The drop in popularity it suffered was irreperable, it ended the gen last place (all things considered). It also released last of the three. It was selling at 600$ so odds that it fall to a more mainstream price were grim.

Switch channels, here's the U. It follows the lead of a moderate generation winner, in a near tie, in the wake of a console that fizzled out of the market (Wii). The Nintendo brand hype is low, but all things considered Nintendo has 1 year to catch up and only needs to mark down the console by 100$ to achieve a more mainstream price.

Apples: two oranges.

E three

New Super Mario Bros 2 is a system seller. It's sad, but casual gamers will buy the Wii U for NSMB and other Nintendo titles despite it being repetitive dribble. No different than how Mario 64 sold DS and Ocarina of Time sold 3DS.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Around the Network
theshonen8899 said:
New Super Mario Bros 2 is a system seller. It's sad, but casual gamers will buy the Wii U for NSMB and other Nintendo titles despite it being repetitive dribble. No different than how Mario 64 sold DS and Ocarina of Time sold 3DS.

And much like the GoW and Sly Cooper collection sold PS3s.

Wow, 81 people voted the wii u will fail. Lol.

I have a feeling we will be having a lot of these types of threads a year from now when the ps4 and 720 aren't selling and the wiiU is.

Then 3 years from now, when all 3 systems are selling well, we will just laugh and laugh about how impatient we all were about predicting the doom of all 3 consoles.

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:
veritaz said:
JakDaSnack said:
veritaz said:
Ljink96 said:
Would you trust a dentist that has been doing work for 25+ years? Would you trust a doctor with 25+ years of experience to cut your stomach open and remove your pancreas? If you answered "yes"Then you can trust Nintendo because they've been making successful games for 25+ years! WOW! Who would have thought!

There's no Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, Sonic, Pikmin, F-Zero, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokemon, (NEW) Dragon Quest, 3D Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, on the Wii U and it is still doing okay. Just wait until E3.
I bet you 1 million dollars that Nintendo's software steals the show.

Lower that bet to $10 and you got a deal, Nintendo games didn't steal the show the last few e3s and they won't now. People know what they are expecting, no way they can steal the show.

Nintendo didn't announce any new games the last few years....in fact the only E3 where Nintendo announced even half of the upcoming Nintendo games that we will see at E3 this year was back in 2009(I think), when they revealed Donkey kong returns, NSMBW, Zelda skyward sword, Kirby's epic yarn, kid icuars etc.  And yes, Nintendo arguably did steal though show that year.

I still have my money on Sony winning out of the big 3 at e3 again like last year.  They also did announce a lot of the wii u games at 2011 like smash bros, zelda hd and such.

Nintendo has already announced 7 games that will be shown at E3 this year, and that doesn't incloude Miyamota's new IP, or Retro's new title.  A lot of the Sony devs are finishing up projects this year so likely other than what is already announced, there won't be much.  And as far as 2011, there is a huge difference between mentioning a game they haven't started working on, and showing a trailer for the game, but like I said, they are going to be showing around 9 first party games at least, with 8 of them being core titles.  And Idk about Sony winning, maybe arguably, but both Nintendo and Sony had terrible E3's last year, and Nintendo did show a lot more core games than Sony did, but that's including the 3ds games, and Nintendo also showed a lot of shovelware.

Personally,I think it's Nintendo's to lose.  But hey, either way, as long as we are arguing over which conference is "Better" instead of which one is "worse" like last year, I'm more than happy:P

Yeah, i am excited for this years E3 and can't wait to see what happens, but i was refering to that poll ign had on which e3 presentation was better and with 50,000 votes Sony got half. Most websites also agreed they won. As long as all 3 bring everything they got, this e3 will be amazing and will have a hard time finding a winner.

It is performing well this period. Games are being released, so it's logical.