By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Obama the Worst President that we have ever had?

DevilRising said:

Is he presiding over one of the worst TIMES in American history? Absolutely. No quest, no argument. But who kicked off that "worst time", I wonder? Or was 9/11, the deregulation of Wall Street, the start of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, and the eventual collapse of not only the US, but most of the WORLD'S economy, all Obama's fault, even before he had become a US Senator? You know, because he was secretly being trained to destroy America and all.

What was the national dept when Bush got out?  What is it now?  That's what I thought.  No I don't believe he's trying to destroy America or its economy, but he's certainly not doing us any favors by refusing to cut the most ridiculous things and considering his speaker basically said they should pass healthcare now and read it later I have to question how thoroughly he keeps his party in check.  He weakly responds to attacks on US embassies to the point where troops have to blatantly disregard the commander in cheif's orders to save their comrades.  That's scary bad leadership.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
DevilRising said:

Is he presiding over one of the worst TIMES in American history? Absolutely. No quest, no argument. But who kicked off that "worst time", I wonder? Or was 9/11, the deregulation of Wall Street, the start of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, and the eventual collapse of not only the US, but most of the WORLD'S economy, all Obama's fault, even before he had become a US Senator? You know, because he was secretly being trained to destroy America and all.

What was the national dept when Bush got out?  What is it now?  That's what I thought.  No I don't believe he's trying to destroy America or its economy, but he's certainly not doing us any favors by refusing to cut the most ridiculous things and considering his speaker basically said they should pass healthcare now and read it later I have to question how thoroughly he keeps his party in check.  He weakly responds to attacks on US embassies to the point where troops have to blatantly disregard the commander in cheif's orders to save their comrades.  That's scary bad leadership.

There was 2 seperate National Debts of the United States of America; 1 of them was 10 to 12 trillion and the other national debt in America was 45 trillion, which came to a total U.S. national debt of 55 to 57 trillion dollars by Q4 2008.

It's amazing how 8 years of Bush give us a Global Recession and how 2 years of Obama gives us a Surplus in America. (Dow Jones above 14,500, when it use to be like around 8,000 under Bush)

Until we get a grass roots candidate we are totally fucked in both holes

spurgeonryan said:
BluGamer23 said:
I think spurg is still just bitter the candidate he voted for didnt get elected and got beaten by Obama.

Sorry just getting back to this.

I voted for obama first term. Even fought for him quite a bit. But like nintendo, you can only fight for people who do not want to be helped so much.

The guy I voted for i did not even know his name until Badgenome politely corrected my mistake. I did know what he stood for, and that is all that mattered at the time. Johnson.

Haha okay fair enough ... but then again what politician doesnt disappoint..  they all do one way or another.. and they cant please everyone.

Main point though is no, but getting there. I mean the guy still has 4 years. Buchanan still has it in my book. Inaction and refusal to put his foot down in the last months of his presidency caused 2 percent of the entire American population to die. That takes the cake and it's going to be tough to top that with an economic crisis unless Obama goes Stalin and Mao and starves his people to get the country going (obviously he won't do that but just examples of how leaders can mess up just as bad without a war).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

No, not at all. That's not to say that he's a good president either, but the last guy was definitely worse for many of the reasons that have already been stated in this thread.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I like Ron Paul and I live half way across the planet from the US, if you guys won't vote him in as President, can we have him? He might have a few silly ideas, but at-least he sticks up for the peoples rights!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Kaizar said:
platformmaster918 said:
DevilRising said:

There was 2 seperate National Debts of the United States of America; 1 of them was 10 to 12 trillion and the other national debt in America was 45 trillion, which came to a total U.S. national debt of 55 to 57 trillion dollars by Q4 2008.

It's amazing how 8 years of Bush give us a Global Recession and how 2 years of Obama gives us a Surplus in America. (Dow Jones above 14,500, when it use to be like around 8,000 under Bush)

Start reading: http://www.factcheck.org/2008/10/who-caused-the-economic-crisis/

Oh and:

I'd say James Buchanan.

Or possibly Andrew Jackson. Jacksonian Democracy wasn't worth the body count and would of happened anyway.

richardhutnik said:
Jumpin said:

Obama is actually the only good president the US has had in over 30 years, except for maybe Clinton. The rest of them were villainous and can even be described as disasterous in some cases.

Past 30 years?  In short, you are saying the only decent presidents America has had the past 30 years are Democrats?  You consider Sr. Bush villanous?

We are 30 years past Carter, which is the only reason why I have to ask about Democrats.

That's the funny thing... you could make the arguement that George Bush Senior has been the best president in a long time.  ESPIECALLY after the GFC if you put a lot of Blame on the repeal of Glass-Steagal  (That Clinton supported and pushed for.)

Also the only one to not get a second term....

largely because he rose taxes to fight a budget deficit and refused to completely invade Iraq.

He's hated for like the exact opposite of everything his son is hated for.