By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Obama the Worst President that we have ever had?

Kaizar said:
DarthVolod said:

When it is all said and done I think history will look back on the 16 long years (2000-2016) as the point where America went from "rolling down a hill towards the abyss" to "falling off the cliff and rapidly approaching the bottom (and its a bottom with sharp spikes all over it like in Mortal Kombat)."

We had the absolute worst Republican president in U.S. history (Bush) followed by the absolute worst Democratic president in U.S. history (Obama) for two terms each ... ouch.

Really the only good that can come out of Bush and Obama would be the creation of a reality tv show starring both of them where they compete against each other for the title of "Worst President Ever." We could have celebrity guests, obstacle courses, and voting/judges because every show needs those. If it is a hit, they could start paying off the mountain of fiat currency they both printed and subsequently wasted on their useless policies, wars, and social programs.

In all sincerity though, Obama and Bush are so alike (despite what partisians on both sides would have you believe) that they are practically the same person. Come to think of it, have they ever been spotted in the same room together?

So Obama fully fixes the job market in 4 years + few months and he puts specific regulations on the Stock Market for minimum lost and maximum gain which is why the stock market is over 15,000 (highest its ever been in the history of Aerica), and he cracked down on so many corrupt government authorities throughout America, and made it law to have to pay women the same as men for the first time in the history of american laws, and he got rid of "leave no child behind" policy from Bush's presidency, and he enforce sanctions that work on Iran (not even China & Russia does any transactions with that country from now on), and he improve on foreign policy so other democratic countries like us once agan, and he increase trades with other countries on our end to sale more of our cars in foriegn countries, and he got rid of the ability to not be tax by having your money in foriegn bank accounts and has ose rich cheaters pay more taxes for not having their money in an American bank which increase revenue in the government so as to not put the burden on e middle-class, and he picks out specific people to figure out where Osama Bin Ladan is, and he makes the decision base on well reliable information to order our highly specially trained troops to go to a suburban neighborhood in Pakistan and take out Osama Bin Laden if he's there, which risk his own presidency to get e man who did 9/11........and this makes Barack (Jewish name) Obama (Kenyan name) the worse democratic president?

Bill Clinton only did a fraction as much good things for this country in 8 years then Barack in 4 years.

I'm curious to see what happens to Congress in November 2014 (if anything).

Ok let me try to respond in a slightly more organized fashion than that big block of text you put up there ...

-Fixed the job market? Did he fix another country's job market or something, because America is still in the dumps with a real unemployment rate ... anywhere from 10% to 12% or more ... this is because people are dropping out of the job market. Look at the numbers in terms of jobs created, 88,000 in March which is downright terrible.

-Hurray! the stock market is doing awesome ... Oh wait, where are all the jobs and economic growth that usually comes with it? Well this can all be traced back to the massive amounts of cash the Federal Reserve is carelessly dumping into th economy which is (since they can't control where it goes in an ecnomoy just how much is printed) ending up in stocks (the process incentives investors to invest and, thus, raise stock prices). This all sounds great if you own lots of stock (mostly wealthy Americans directly own large amounts of stock). So yeah he is doing a great thing for the rich and powerful (through his stimulus, QE that is not going away anytime soon, ect.), but the middle class and the poor get nothing from this deal. This is not to mention the disastrous consequences of printing insane amounts of money which will come to bite us on the ass in the long run through inflation. And guess who is hurt the most by inflation; the poor.

-The infamous women earn X dollars less than every X dollar a man earns is one of the most manipulated and misquoted statistics I have ever heard. Women do earn less than men, but this does not account for the types of jobs that men and women work in, number of hours, experience, and 100 other factors. Besides, if it was really the case that men made more than women for the same work then why would any company ever hire men? Afterall, I can just get women to work for 25-30% less for the same work, am I right? All Obama did with this law was win political points from people that have been brainwashed by the feminist movement.

-Ok get rid of the Bush "no child ect." act, but that does not change the fact that the education system is just as pathetic as it has always been with no signs of improvement. Not Obama's fault mind you ... he didn't create it and neither did Bush, but he is going to do nothing to fix it. 

-Can you point me in the direction of this improved trade relations with other countries, because that is news to me. Not that it matters with our economy in shambles (despite what artificially inflated stock values and artificially lowered unemploymet numbers suggest). We won't have much left to trade at this rate assuming what you said is true.

-Cool, economic sanctions on Iran. I'll call Israel and tell them they can disarm now because they have nothing to worry about.

-Eliminating tax havens? The wealthy will always have opportunities to move their assets around in such a way as to pay lower taxes. More power to them I say. They already pay the lion's share of the taxes in this country anyways. Not that I think anyone (poor, middle class, or rich) should pay taxes at all for that matter.

-Great, Bin Laden is dead. Glad to see Obama supporting the war effort that Bush instigated (helping my case that they have the same awful foreign policy here ...).  Maybe we should send those special forces troops out to the White House to conduct interrogations so we can find out what really happened in Benghazi.

I'm curious to see just how bad things will get when we are up to our necks in Obamacare. The worst is yet to come.

Around the Network

I think Obama is terrible, but far from the worse...

I just want to say that I think it's HILARIOUS that some people think that taking away our "right to drink soda" violates a personal right, but that decriminalizing marijuana is bad. I don't smoke pot or drink soft drinks, but I think both are forms of drug use and that the second is actually far more harmful then the first to the youth of America, and neither are inherent "rights."

Kaizar said:
thranx said:
AstroMaSSi said:

That's not the feeling we have outside USA... USA are more respected than some years ago.

I often see this said, But how is Obama any different than Bush? Obama freely violates other countries rights in ways that bush never was allowed too by the international populace. Although in africa and the middle east it seems like Obama is fastly losing his popularism among the people. Really Bush and Obama are so alike its not even funny. It really is a one party system over here. Any one who respects Obama for what he has done, also needs to respect Bush for what he did. They are the same actions just made by different people associated with a different political group.

Bush put American reporters in American prisons and he wire tapped everyone. And he made gay marriage illegal once again.

I could go on & on, but it seems that Bill O' Reilly's kind of people tell you whats going on.

And Obama has stated that gay marriage is a states issue, like bush, Obama has increased domestic surveilance and wire tapping, like bush. so again they are so similar its not even funny. to support one and bash the other is the pinnacle of partisanship. they are two sides of the same coin

He's not the worse president,but far from the best.

Michael-5 said:

Corn Syrup is heavily subsidized in the states because USA can produce a lot of corn cheap. Simply lifting this subsidy would do so much to improve food quality (This is why European pop tastes better, they use Beat sugar, not Corn).

----

However I do think there should be a law in USA. Maybe not ban Large Soda's, but make it a law that if a store is to sell oversized pop, or oversized food portions, then they need to legally have an extra small (in my example prior, the original McDonalds drink size) drink/food portion available.

I think the biggest cause of obesity is meal proportions. People simply eat too much, and I think they eat too much just because the average meal size has slowly grown in the last 60 years, and people have forgotten what's a normal proportion of food per meal.

That's a much better solution as it actually gives people a larger array of choices instead of cutting down on them.

Around the Network

That's what they want you to think.

Psyberius said:
Crom said:

What an idiotic statement.  You want to go back to having Kings?  (No wonder our country's future is hopeless when idiots like you actually vote.)  Do the rest of the country a favor.....don't vote if you don't have a clue about politics.)

Obama had the majority in House and the Senate for his 1st 2 years and he did nothing.

Obama now has the Senate and the Republicans have the House.

You are whining about Congress blocking everything when his own party is still in charge of half of Congress.

You are a brainless drone that parrots White House talking points.  "Everything would be fixed if Congress would stop blocking things"  Wahhhhh Wahhhh!

Alright genius.  Name something that Congress blocked that would have helped turn things around?  Cap and Trade?  (Good thing they blocked Cap and Trade because it would have raised energy prices in bad economic times.

Like I said.....name one thing that Congress has blocked that would have turned things around.  Prove that you are not a mindless parrot.

Quit treating politics like sports teams and sticking to your "team" no matter what.  The blame game gets old especially coming from a supposed leader like Obama.  True leaders don't point fingers and blame.  They lead and take responsibility.  Obama is not a true leader.

Excuse me?  Take your pro-rep crap and push it on someone who believes it.

What the rep's have done to some of Obama's attempts at cleaning up the former sewer called the USA were just short of criminal.   The absolute WORST is them coming back and pointing fingers at Obama's inability to get things done...especailly during the election.

Just so you know, i'm not rep or dem.  I am however a concerned citizen who's sat back and watched some of the dirtiest most underhanded tactics at trying to make the president look bad to Joe America who doesn't look any deeper than a rep fed typeline on cnn.com.

During some of the worst economic times the US has EVER seen, the rep fed congress did NOTHING to help America.  They sat there, whined because a present with half a brain was elected(you want your mindless parot, George Bush was your man) and then had the GALL to say that Obama wasn't getting anything done.

Lastly...take your insults/inflamitory comments and use them on your wife or something.  I don't believe it belongs here.

Again..... what did Congress specifically block that would have turned things around?

Way to dodge the question again.  Why are you so mad?????  Because you don't have any answers and I have proven that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Blaming Congress for blocking things is an excuse that political know nothings like you will keep parroting because you don't know any better.

It is pathetic and shameful that a so called leader resorts to finger pointing and blame instead of taking responsibilty.  It is also pathetic that people like you fall for it.

Is the failed Summer of Recovery the fault of Congress too.  Why would Obama name the summer a few years back The Summer of Recovery" if he didn't think it would suceed.  It was a massive failure just like Obama's presidency.

Don't look at the party name next to politicians.  Look at what they stand for and then maybe we will quit reelecting failed presidents.

I think every president including and since FDR has been a disaster. Way too much government. Not saying every president before FDR was great, just that at least there was some bare minimum respect threshold for at least attempting to abide by the law of the land (Constitution).

It isn't just the Presidents that are the problem, I mean it's so systemic nowadays.  It seems like if the slightest bad thing happens, people line up outside the White House and expect politicians to fix their problems for them. 

I'm very sympathetic with people that have been hurt by what politicians have done over the last hundred years or so, whether they're even aware of it or not.  I'm not at all sympathetic to people who want to game the system and live a life of ease without applying themselves.  There's only so far you can go with the phrase 'blame the politicians'.  At some point, if your life is still not working out, you'll have no choice but to look in the mirror, and either do something to change your sitution or continue on as is.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I can't tell if this thread was made sarcastically or not, but as other have mentioned most of the messes were inherited and he did get us out of Iraq and soon out of Afghanistan.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

spurgeonryan said:
steelabhold said:

Please. Nixon was 100x worse. I don't see how anyone can argue against that.

Obama isn't great, but he isn't bad either. People tend to use him as a scapegoat.

Clinton was almost impeached, but was still a great President. But I will agree that Nixon was pretty bad as well.

@ Half the other thread

Just because Obama is not directly involved with all our problems, he is still in charge and is the one to blame. Leaders take responsibility.

Plus, as I have said before, some of these other Yehoos that you guys are mentioning were never as gifted as Obama is. He is wasting his talent and getting hardly anything done. He should have been so much more.

Congress said they are going to make Obama a 1 term president so they can get a register Republican in office, so they block every bill he try to past during the last 2 years of his first term.

79% of us want the public option but old & middle age republicans can't stand a Black person being the Commander & chief of what they consider a lighter skin nation.

During Barack (Jewish name) Obama (Black name) second term, 90% of us Americans wanted the extended background checks for guns by itself and that didn't even pass the Senate.

If you want Obama's talent to shine, then you are going to have vote for a progressive non-republican in both senate & congress during November 2014.

People still burn down Black Christian church's these days and now people are also trying to bomb Jewish Temples & spray paint Muslim musk. And Black people are the last people getting hired for a job to prevent another Black President. The older generation of White people, well a bunch of them weren't raise right.