By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Obama the Worst President that we have ever had?

so howbout that jobs report
220k+ per month jan, feb, march
160k+ per month oct, nov, dec

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

The amount of jobs generally estimated to be needed to match up purely with job demand is 250,000.

Unemployment numbers are only dropping because of people giving up hope / people hiding in further college programs waiting for the market to change.

In short... nothing to be bragging about.  Which is why even the Administration doesn't brag about them.

The only reason 165,000 is considered optimistic is because generally they call these months the "Spring swoon".

So, essentially the numbers are just less awful then expected.  (due to seasonal adjustments sort of being ass for the last few years now.)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2013/05/03/u-s-adds-surprising-165000-jobs-in-april-unemployment-down-to-7-5/

Kasz216 said:
theprof00 said:

The amount of jobs generally estimated to be needed to match up purely with job demand is 250,000.

Unemployment numbers are only dropping because of people giving up hope / people hiding in further college programs waiting for the market to change.

In short... nothing to be bragging about.  Which is why even the Administration doesn't brag about them.

The only reason 165,000 is considered optimistic is because generally they call these months the "Spring swoon".

So, essentially the numbers are just less awful then expected.  (due to seasonal adjustments sort of being ass for the last few years now.)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/abrambrown/2013/05/03/u-s-adds-surprising-165000-jobs-in-april-unemployment-down-to-7-5/

it would help if we didnt have this

(Republican)Toomey “In the end it didn’t pass because we’re so politicized. There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,”

they voted against the veterans jobs act.  in a nation thats crumbling they vote against infrastructure spending.  they voted against things that could reduce the deficit and create jobs.  but we sure have  alot of abortion bills.   

Please, kaz.
What are your opinions on self-employment work under the table?

tres said:
Is Obama the worst president ever as question by the op with a lot of fox drivel statements.

This statement is the answer to all the b.s. this president had to endure from day 1

(Republican)Toomey “In the end it didn’t pass because we’re so politicized. There were some on my side who did not want to be seen helping the president do something he wanted to get done, just because the president wanted to do it,”

There is no more statement that is as indicative of the state of the rapid toxic state of the congressional right.

Obamas problem is hes too freakin nice if that makes him the worst he is

My thoughts exactly.

And I'm glad I'm the only person who notice the Obama is too nice, always trying to give a chance to everybody.

But I think when he came into office that he didn't believe that politician where really that bias & political, but after 2 to 4 years in office he has finally realize that politicians don't care Bout the people and that they only really care about Politics. Better late then never that Obama learns what kind of people all other democrats & republicans & independents really are.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
tres said:
Is Obama the worst president ever as question by the op with a lot of fox drivel statements.

This statement is the answer to all the b.s. this president had to endure from day 1

There is no more statement that is as indicative of the state of the rapid toxic state of the congressional right.

My thoughts exactly.

And I'm glad I'm the only person who notice the Obama is too nice, always trying to give a chance to everybody.

But I think when he came into office that he didn't believe that politician where really that bias & political, but after 2 to 4 years in office he has finally realize that politicians don't care Bout the people and that they only really care about Politics. Better late then never that Obama learns what kind of people all other democrats & republicans & independents really are.

i joke and say i which his name was jerome more than barry.  after the first 2 he should said the hell with them.  i mean come on the republican senate leader said our biggest goal is to make you a one term president.  that doesnt sound like a party that would ever be your friend.  they really dont give a damn about the people of america.  theres only one group that would get stuff done and thats the progressive caucus unfortunately the republican block and corporate shills of the democrap party dont want stuff to happen

its amazing how people in country hate progress

tres said:
Kaizar said:
tres said:

My thoughts exactly.

i joke and say i which his name was jerome more than barry.  after the first 2 he should said the hell with them.  i mean come on the republican senate leader said our biggest goal is to make you a one term president.  that doesnt sound like a party that would ever be your friend.  they really dont give a damn about the people of america.  theres only one group that would get stuff done and thats the progressive caucus unfortunately the republican block and corporate shills of the democrap party dont want stuff to happen

I wish the OP knew that.

Amazing how much people avoid details. I mean so many people try to generalize everything, and I think it's because those kind of people can't handle too much information with their limited memory or something.

And then some people just assume that somehow a executive is just going to be able to whip the rest of the government to do whatever he wants, but it never works like that in real life, as even movies like "Lincoln" has shown people.

Kaizar said:
tres said:
Kaizar said:
tres said:

My thoughts exactly.

I wish the OP knew that.

Amazing how much people avoid details. I mean so many people try to generalize everything, and I think it's because those kind of people can't handle too much information with their limited memory or something.

And then some people just assume that somehow a executive is just going to be able to whip the rest of the government to do whatever he wants, but it never works like that in real life, as even movies like "Lincoln" has shown people.

we live in a low information nation and thats the problem

drudge makes up news fox repeats this faux news then call it facts then all their minions regurgitate it rinse and repeat.  its a great concept but bad for the country as a whole.

the were plotting from day 1 to overthrow this president.  i dont like dems but i loathe republicans and i used to vote for them go figure.  im quite an independent but the stuff theyve been doing since reagan its been downhill ever since

theprof00 said:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/03/keeping-up-not-getting-ahead/?hp

"

This lack of progress has been obscured by the steady decline of the high-profile unemployment rate, which continued in April. But the unemployment rate is easily misunderstood. The government counts as unemployed only those who are actively looking for new jobs. As people have given up, the unemployment rate has declined – not because more people are working, but because more people have stopped looking for work.

The share of adults looking for work peaked at 6.4 percent of the population in 2010. It fell to 4.7 percent in April. But recall that over the same period, the share of adults with jobs did not change. What grew instead is the share of adults no longer counted as part of the labor force.  

(The unemployment rate also uses a different denominator than the employment rate: Workers plus searchers, rather than the entire population. For the sake of consistency and clarity, the figures in the previous paragraph show “unemployment” as a share of the entire population.)"

thranx said:
theprof00 said:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/03/keeping-up-not-getting-ahead/?hp

"

This lack of progress has been obscured by the steady decline of the high-profile unemployment rate, which continued in April. But the unemployment rate is easily misunderstood. The government counts as unemployed only those who are actively looking for new jobs. As people have given up, the unemployment rate has declined – not because more people are working, but because more people have stopped looking for work.

The share of adults looking for work peaked at 6.4 percent of the population in 2010. It fell to 4.7 percent in April. But recall that over the same period, the share of adults with jobs did not change. What grew instead is the share of adults no longer counted as part of the labor force.  

(The unemployment rate also uses a different denominator than the employment rate: Workers plus searchers, rather than the entire population. For the sake of consistency and clarity, the figures in the previous paragraph show “unemployment” as a share of the entire population.)"

Thranx, and don't take this the wrong way, but in what way is it possible to prove that employment is going up, or unemployment down, and do you have data for it?

All I've ever seen posted about the myths of unemployment were graphs and stats about how people are no longer being counted as looking for work. Despite lower unemployment rates, despite higher employment reporting, despite increased spending, increased retail revenue, and general increase in approval, despite more companies reporting actively hiring positions over companies reporting downsizing numbers, despite economic outlook increasing....

Which indicators actually show people dropping off the employment subsidies?

Because if spending is up, debt is proportionally growing, hiring is up, employment is up, and the general ratio of open positions to downsizing is positive, that would seem to be more than enough of an indicator saying "yes, the economy and jobs situation is improving".

The way I see it, if you are saying things are actually bleaker now, then what actual index can ever be used to show economic improvement. Apparently, no current measure works, because they all read positive.

NOTE: Also unemployment and underemployment are calculated against the workforce, not the total population. The total population is a denominator for payroll to population statistics.