By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Margaret Thatcher RIP.

I don't know much about her, but from the little we have studied about her in History, I did like her and am a little sad that she has died.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I was born in the 80s so didn't really experience life as recalled memories when she was PM, regardless I have admiration for her to succeed where not many women have. She was a pioneer for women in politics to show how far they can go and not just to leave it up to the men.

Hmm, pie.

As someone who works with a group of ex Miners, today has been quite funny.

I wonder how non-Brits view her?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
I wonder how non-Brits view her?

In the US people basically think of her as Reagan with tits whether or not they like her.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

I'd have gotten into a fight I think...

Arent you from around Liverpool?Id imagine the reaction to it would be the same around there, if not worse after the leak of her involvement with Hillsborough.

The country is literally divided on her. The South tend to love her, with the odd hate patches (Wales). The North tend to hate her, with the odd love patches. She had great moments and terrible moments. 

• Her handling of the Falklands could have been better (It could have been avoided altogether), but overall a victory. 
  • Hillsborough. 
  • She destroyed communities and families. 
  • She didnt care about the working class. 
  • Had huge unemployment rates.
  • She took us from being one of the poorest countries in Europe to being the 3rd(?) richest in Europe.
  • Poor handling of schools.
  • Very poor handling of the NHS.
  • She destroyed the British Manufacturing Industry. Coal, Steelworks, Shipyards.
  • Privatized British Utilities. Water, Gas, Phones, Electricity. Part of the reason why costs are so high now (Particularly Gas)
  • DIdnt take no shit from anyone
Like I said. Good points and bad points. 

Whether or not I agree with her policies, going from the daughter of a grocery bagger to a no-nonsense Prime Minister is nothing less than incredibly impressive, and I'm sure it shaped her views heavily. I studied her for Poli Sci my fall quarter, and she did as well as any leader really could.

R.I.P

Some people are celebrating her death though :/, weird

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Im not ignoring you kow, Ill reply later.

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

I'd have gotten into a fight I think...

Arent you from around Liverpool?Id imagine the reaction to it would be the same around there, if not worse after the leak of her involvement with Hillsborough.

The country is literally divided on her. The South tend to love her, with the odd hate patches (Wales). The North tend to hate her, with the odd love patches. She had great moments and terrible moments. 

• Her handling of the Falklands could have been better (It could have been avoided altogether), but overall a victory. 
  • Hillsborough. 
  • She destroyed communities and families. 
  • She didnt care about the working class. 
  • Had huge unemployment rates.
  • She took us from being one of the poorest countries in Europe to being the 3rd(?) richest in Europe.
  • Poor handling of schools.
  • Very poor handling of the NHS.
  • She destroyed the British Manufacturing Industry. Coal, Steelworks, Shipyards.
  • Privatized British Utilities. Water, Gas, Phones, Electricity. Part of the reason why costs are so high now (Particularly Gas)
  • DIdnt take no shit from anyone
Like I said. Good points and bad points. 

Don't forget the poll tax that was a beaut, I won't celebrate her passing but I certaintly won't mourn her either, did some good  for the country depending on where you was on the social scale and location.