By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console shall take the Iron Throne?

Who shall sit on the throne.

Nintendo 66 31.13%

Sony 123 58.02%

Microsoft 15 7.08%

Other 8 3.77%

Total:212
JakDaSnack said:
enditall727 said:
PS4 if launched at $399

If the PS4 launches at $399 then it's DONE! They've won the generation

nope, if the ps4 wins, it won't be because of a 399 price tag.

yes it will

The PS4 is almost factually going to have the best library of games out of the big 3 overall so games wont be a problem

it's all about that price

Around the Network

Who cares who sits in the Iron Throne. That person is not able to control the realm. Who is King in the North? Who rules the Iron Isles? More importantly: who is the new High Septon?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

enditall727 said:
JakDaSnack said:
enditall727 said:
PS4 if launched at $399

yes it will

The PS4 is almost factually going to have the best library of games out of the big 3 overall so games wont be a problem

Sorry bud, but 400 bucks is still 400 bucks, i'm sure a lot of sony fans will be happy that they don't have to fork over 600 dollars, but if the vita couldn't sell at 250 for being a psp 2.0, the ps4 won't sell at 400 for being a ps3 2.0.  

Something...Something...Games...Something

Sony has stronger first party support than MS? I'm pretty MS has an edge on most software sold this gen.

Halo alone is stronger first party than just about everything Sony has at the moment. Fable, Forza, and Kinect stuff is also far more successful than most Sony releases.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JakDaSnack said:
enditall727 said:
JakDaSnack said:
enditall727 said:
PS4 if launched at $399

yes it will

Sorry bud, but 400 bucks is still 400 bucks, i'm sure a lot of sony fans will be happy that they don't have to fork over 600 dollars, but if the vita couldn't sell at 250 for being a psp 2.0, the ps4 won't sell at 400 for being a ps3 2.0.  

Sorry bud, but 400 bucks is still 400 bucks

Yezzir! R.I.P to the competition if it happens

i'm sure a lot of sony fans will be happy that they don't have to fork over 600 dollars

you GOD DAMNED RIGHT they will

but if the vita couldn't sell at 250 for being a psp 2.0, the ps4 won't sell at 400 for being a ps3 2.0.

The Vita(psp 2.0) launched at the same price as its predecessor(PSP) which was 249.99

The PS3 launched at $599 and the PS4 would have to also launch $599 for this logic to apply

;)

Around the Network

I'm sorry but your associations of consoles to GoT families don't make sense to me. How can Nintendo be Lannister ?
GoT is basically about power, and the different ways of gaining it. For Lannisters, power comes from money, for Starks it comes from integrity and loyalty, for Dothrakis it comes from strength, for Targaryens power is just what they deserve, for Varys it comes from information, for Baelish it comes from manipulation.
Microsoft count on their money to win every battle, they clearly are Lannisters.
Sony think they deserve to win because they have the stronger hardware (at least they think they do), but mostly they have the arrogance to think that they just deserve to be first. Which is Targaryens with a pinch of Dothrakis.
Nintendo as always been much more modest, honest and willing to do the right things and build good products more than just take marketshare and kill competition. Unfortunately it sometimes turns bad for them as a result. So they definitely act like the Starks.

BasilZero said:

Where is Ouya in the poll?  I want the OP's head nao!

lol ouya was an after thought and more of a joke after I created the thread. No not my head! Its much to precious.

kuraobi said:
I'm sorry but your associations of consoles to GoT families don't make sense to me. How can Nintendo be Lannister ?
GoT is basically about power, and the different ways of gaining it. For Lannisters, power comes from money, for Starks it comes from integrity and loyalty, for Dothrakis it comes from strength, for Targaryens power is just what they deserve, for Varys it comes from information, for Baelish it comes from manipulation.
Microsoft count on their money to win every battle, they clearly are Lannisters.
Sony think they deserve to win because they have the stronger hardware (at least they think they do), but mostly they have the arrogance to think that they just deserve to be first. Which is Targaryens with a pinch of Dothrakis.
Nintendo as always been much more modest, honest and willing to do the right things and build good products more than just take marketshare and kill competition. Unfortunately it sometimes turns bad for them as a result. So they definitely act like the Starks.

ya some of the house association had some problems and there are many interpretations so I decided against doing it.

enditall727 said:
JakDaSnack said:
enditall727 said:
JakDaSnack said:
enditall727 said:
PS4 if launched at $399

yes it will

Sorry bud, but 400 bucks is still 400 bucks

Yezzir! R.I.P to the competition if it happens

i'm sure a lot of sony fans will be happy that they don't have to fork over 600 dollars

you GOD DAMNED RIGHT they will

but if the vita couldn't sell at 250 for being a psp 2.0, the ps4 won't sell at 400 for being a ps3 2.0.

The Vita(psp 2.0) launched at the same price as its predecessor(PSP) which was 249.99

The PS3 launched at $599 and the PS4 would have to also launch $599 for this logic to apply

;)

Hehe, except for one key point.  The psp sold well at 250, the ps3 did not sell well at 600 but in fact didn't sell well until the price was cut to 300.  So actually I'm comparing the ps4's 400 dollar price with the ps3's 300 dollar price.

;)

And to add another point, name one console that sold well at a price above 300?  Wait, you can't?  Oh my, well, good luck with your argument:P

Something...Something...Games...Something

I don't think how it can be anything but Sony at this point.