By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo in panic mode now ?

Th3PANO said:
you guys seriously think Nintendo didn't knew this before GDC? roflmao.......some guys here, i swear.....

oh, i'm sure they did.  might explain why nintendo had a ND where they announced all (or at least the best) of their E3 announcements just before the ps4 unveiling: project X, mario 3D, mario kart, shin megami tensei x fire emblem, the legend of zelda: windwaker remake, yoshi epic yarn, and wii party. 

Around the Network

Any of this stuff we are hearing about now has likely been known by Nintendo for many months. If there was panic it's already happened, it's still going to take time for anything to happen though.

after how they boost the 3ds i believe they can do anything.

Pachofilauri said:
after how they boost the 3ds i believe they can do anything.

That's right. Nintendo really know how to work their way to the top with the 3DS.

Galaki said:
Doomed since '89 or probably before that.

You mean since 1889 right?

Around the Network

Nowhere near Panic Mode yet. Support for Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 3 will come at a later date when the marketshare for the Wii U makes it necessary compared to the marketshare of the other two. And that's going to happen pretty soon.

The launches of the PS4 and 720 are going to be no better than the Wii U, and that year head start is going to be as beneficial to the Wii U as it was last gen with Microsoft and the 360.

You know if Pikmin 3 was a shooter... it would have released right on time. Same for The Wonderful 101 which didn't even get an official game title until I think right near the launch window it was supposed to be a part of.

New game designs or unique game designs looking to evolve with new ideas... plus first time Nintendo getting their hands wet with HD graphics, taking online more seriously, doing Miiverse integrated stuff. All of that takes more time. There is also the issue where some of these games are designed well to work with Wiimote + Nunchuk and now they are turning back to a Gamepad as the primary controller for players. There is tons of stuff to figure out.

I am fine with waiting as long as Nintendo takes to make any of their games because the result is 90% of the time just fresh and awesome. Those fresh game designs compared to all the too-similar 3rd party volume of game releases (shooters and racers and rpgs) don't offer that same level of gaming bliss.

It takes a game on the level of Tomb Raider to really surprise me and keep me engaged the whole length of game from third parties, while Nintendo manages to surprise and engage with relatively simple games like New Super Mario Bros U or Nintendo Land or Fire Emblem, just to name a few of the more recent ones.

cusman said:

You know if Pikmin 3 was a shooter... it would have released right on time. Same for The Wonderful 101 which didn't even get an official game title until I think right near the launch window it was supposed to be a part of.

New game designs or unique game designs looking to evolve with new ideas... plus first time Nintendo getting their hands wet with HD graphics, taking online more seriously, doing Miiverse integrated stuff. All of that takes more time. There is also the issue where some of these games are designed well to work with Wiimote + Nunchuk and now they are turning back to a Gamepad as the primary controller for players. There is tons of stuff to figure out.

I am fine with waiting as long as Nintendo takes to make any of their games because the result is 90% of the time just fresh and awesome. Those fresh game designs compared to all the too-similar 3rd party volume of game releases (shooters and racers and rpgs) don't offer that same level of gaming bliss.

It takes a game on the level of Tomb Raider to really surprise me and keep me engaged the whole length of game from third parties, while Nintendo manages to surprise and engage with relatively simple games like New Super Mario Bros U or Nintendo Land or Fire Emblem, just to name a few of the more recent ones.

Didn't Nintendo developed full HD graphics for the games on the Wii (Skyward Sword, to name an example), and then re-escalated them to fit in 480p? They already know how to work with graphics.

pezus said:
Did they pump out gems during the Gamecube days?

Yes, they did.

OT: Are they in panic mode right now? I would say no. But should they be? I would say of course. They really need to get larger teams together so they can get their games out faster. Pikmin 3 without a release date is not good at all. They need to fix this. It's been long enough now...

Panic mode might be good if it doesn´t mean "quick, let´s rush these unfinished games and release them ASAP"....I´m hoping it won´t be the case here.