By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo in panic mode now ?

VGKing said:
Pokemon only sells on handhelds.

We can't rule out the possibility because there's never been a mainline Pokemon game on a console. Ever since the N64 days all Pokemon games on consoles are spin off, not related to the main series.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
AndrewWK said:

Well they have made the worst Zelda and 3D Mario game. But then again Pikmin was born during the Gamecube era and Metroid became good again. Altough those games didn´t sell that great except of the first Metroid Prime.

Both SMS and WW were great games.

Many people would disagree on that subject.

Well, at least this should cause them to initiate panic mode. I mean, they might lose all their third party support because of this!

Oh, wait...

NightDragon83 said:
Nintendo should have invested in more 1st/2nd party studios, they can't keep carrying their consoles all by themselves.

And the fact that it takes them 5 years on average to develop sequels to their top tier franchises when most 3rd party companies are able to put out sequels to their big franchises within a year or two on average.

I mean Christ, we just had ACIII released a few months ago and they've already announced ACIV. If that was a Nintendo franchise, we wouldn't see another AC game until late next gen.

^this, all their fans talk about is the hypothetical billions they have in the bank yet they never spend any of it to improve their business. No surprise there as some of these people think Wii U will do as wel as the Wii by default

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Nintendo stupid as fuck.
>Making the WiiU a bit more powerful than the PS3/360
>Horrible E3's people confused if the U is a new console or controller
>The Name.. Wii U... What the fuck were they thinking
>Don't give a shit about 3rd parties
>Horrible launch
>No EA lol
>No next gen engines saying bye bye to most games that are going to use them lol
>No GTA lol
Do I need to go on?
They need to fix up spend more $$ on 3rd parties get more exclusives buy more first and 2nd parties

Uhmm, I don't think that they were expecting a different turn in events.

The year is just beginning, plenty of announcements from both Nintendo and competition will be made. I'll allow them to enter in panic if by fall if it appears that they aren't showing some investments.

They shouldn't panic and I don't think they are.

VGKing said:
oni-link said:
Don't really care about Unreal Engine 4...obviously Nintendo has chosen UNITY 4 as their engine of choice. It's being funded/payed for by Nintendo for those interested in developing games for them. Besides Unity has far more indies( the future of gaming) working on their engines than UE anyways.

LOL....Unreal Engine 4 will be used in many many next-gen games.
Unity 4 is only for small games. It's nowhere on the same leage as UE4.

You know what kind of games use Unity as their engine? Temple Run.

True, but don't underestimate the unity 4 engine it can do some big things. I use it myself and can say that its capable of some cool stuff. 

kitler53 said:
well panic mode did wonderful things for sony/ps3 (at least as far as a consumer is concerned) so it could be a good thing.

the more painicing in the beginning the better it will turn out for them in the end