By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo in panic mode now ?

Doomed since 1889

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
well panic mode did wonderful things for sony/ps3 (at least as far as a consumer is concerned) so it could be a good thing.

Agreed. Perhaps they would even throw a full pokemon MMO or the whole library of NES/SNES/N64/GC games on the Virtual console... but I doubt so

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

I believe they will have a huge showing this E3 as I have read that devs are under NDA but it could just be a rumor

also Nintendo knows thing way before we do so the thing with UE4 and frostbite 3 was most likely known to them a long time ago so they will have adjusted accordingly

strangely they seem very calm to me which makes me feel they have a huge number of games coming in the later part of the year

when will their fiscal year stuff be talked about?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:
Did they pump out gems during the Gamecube days?

Yes, they did.

OT: Are they in panic mode right now? I would say no. But should they be? I would say of course. They really need to get larger teams together so they can get their games out faster. Pikmin 3 without a release date is not good at all. They need to fix this. It's been long enough now...

Well they have made the worst Zelda and 3D Mario game. But then again Pikmin was born during the Gamecube era and Metroid became good again. Altough those games didn´t sell that great except of the first Metroid Prime.

AndrewWK said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Yes, they did.

OT: Are they in panic mode right now? I would say no. But should they be? I would say of course. They really need to get larger teams together so they can get their games out faster. Pikmin 3 without a release date is not good at all. They need to fix this. It's been long enough now...

Well they have made the worst Zelda and 3D Mario game. But then again Pikmin was born during the Gamecube era and Metroid became good again. Altough those games didn´t sell that great except of the first Metroid Prime.

I love it when people say Wind Waker was the worst zelda.....lol. Wind Waker had a Link you actually could relate to cause of his mimics. The music was superb, the dungeons also. The fighting was also the best at the time for a 3D-Zelda. Graphics look beautiful even today.

Around the Network

Panic mode would be a good thing. I fear the lack thereof, and that Nintendo's continued complacency will endure.

With the third party situation though, i honestly thought that third parties would figure that they needed Nintendo as much as Nintendo needed them, given how every AAA game a company releases nowadays is almost a make-or-break situation for that company's fiscal year, even if you're only getting mediocre results on Wii U, at least you'd be amortizing risk. I was assuming half-baked ports, but ports (like what Wii U got at launch), rather than scorn, and laughing idiot manchildren who will all hopefully be homeless in after their next big game crashes and burns.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Th3PANO said:
AndrewWK said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Yes, they did.

I love it when people say Wind Waker was the worst zelda.....lol. Wind Waker had a Link you actually could relate to cause of his mimics. The music was superb, the dungeons also. The fighting was also the best at the time for a 3D-Zelda. Graphics look beautiful even today.

I know, lol, Wind Waker is easily the best 3D Zelda.

Anyway, panic mode is not always good. It turned the 3DS around, but we got a lot of rushed Mario games. In fact we pretty much got only Mario games. SM3DL, Mario Kart 7, NSMB2 are all poor showings for Mario.

It's only just now that I'm starting to like playing my 3DS. They aren't in panic mode, so we are getting some insanely good quality games.

Gamecube panic mode is F***ing amazing though. Gah, they went all out with that console.

Th3PANO said:
AndrewWK said:
NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Yes, they did.

Well the music was fantastic, but Zelda music allways is. And I would argue that Wind Waker has the prettiest Zelda graphics of all time. And some of the dungeons are great, but the dungeons where you have this partner with you are annoying as hell. The dungeon design was good but the gameplay where had to switch bodys was just annoying. Plus the world of Wind Waker felt so empty and boring. And the triforce search was the worst design decision in a Zelda game to date. That was just to make the game seem longer. 

P.S. Wind Waker wasn´t the worst Zelda title it was Skyword Sword by far.

well let's be honest..chances are they knew those engines weren't coming way way before any of us. So technically they should have been in a panic mode in the past few months......you decide

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Nintendo should have invested in more 1st/2nd party studios, they can't keep carrying their consoles all by themselves.

And the fact that it takes them 5 years on average to develop sequels to their top tier franchises when most 3rd party companies are able to put out sequels to their big franchises within a year or two on average.

I mean Christ, we just had ACIII released a few months ago and they've already announced ACIV. If that was a Nintendo franchise, we wouldn't see another AC game until late next gen.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.