By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The WiiU is having a lot of trouble lately, what can nintendo do to turn things around?

curl-6 said:
If sales improve with LEGO City and Monster Hunter, maybe the pessimism will decrease.

Sales will go down and people will forget it ever went up.

Around the Network
AgentZorn said:
curl-6 said:
If sales improve with LEGO City and Monster Hunter, maybe the pessimism will decrease.

Sales will go down and people will forget it ever went up.

But it will demonsterate that software is the answer to the Wii U's predicament.

There doesn't seem to be much that Nintendo can do at this point. I think they relied too heavily on the Wii U's unique gamepad selling the device.

Unfortunately unlike the Wii which offered a unique and revolutionary new way to game which was also accessible to casuals I think they went backwards with the Wii U. Basically if you are a core gamer who wants access to the majority of multiplatform games your best choice is either Microsoft or Sony or if you are casual then tablets and smartphones are an easy way to game.

The Wii U on the other hand is a bit intimidating for casuals IMHO. They should have either stuck with the Wii strategy or made the device more 3rd party friendly.

It is really unfortunate but at this stage Nintendo may as well ride out this generation while providing their usual 1st party support and then hopefully learn from their mistakes or possibly come up with a new effective way to disrupt the market and make a killing like they did with the Wii initially.

Ofcourse it also doesn't help that they named it the Wii U. If anything they should rebrand it and do a relaunch if possible with a huge marketing campaign.

The whole "Nintendo can't do anything at the moment" thing doesn't fly with me.

They could commit to some release dates, and release new footage of upcoming games for a start. This could be done quickly and easily, there's nothing really stopping them.

Xxain said:
This side of the forum is gettin ridiculous. The same 3 or 4 back to back from users that have already made or were involved in past version. Didnt Monster Hunter Ultimate release? Why isnt anyone talking about it?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156548

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

If one single person in the world purchased a wii u every time somebody started a thread like this, it'd be the fastest selling console in history.

I don't mean to be that guy, but the developer turnout at GDC 2013 for the Wii U development presentation was apparently really disturbing. Nintendo has to do something about the Wii U, and it's not just a matter of selling consoles. There is no developer interest to even look at the console and what it has to offer.

BaldrSkies said:

I don't mean to be that guy, but the developer turnout at GDC 2013 for the Wii U development presentation was apparently really disturbing. Nintendo has to do something about the Wii U, and it's not just a matter of selling consoles. There is no developer interest to even look at the console and what it has to offer.

I think your looking too much into this.

This looks to be before/after the presentation.  Not like we can tell tho the site is in Japanese.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
BaldrSkies said:

This looks to be before/after the presentation.  Not like we can tell tho the site is in Japanese.

The article says the emptiness was very apparent during the presentations. It was far below expectations for both sessions they held during GDC. This does indeed highlight the dire straits the console is currently in.

I wouldn't use the article or the photo from it if it wasn't an accurate representation. Just letting people know what is going on with the Wii U.

BaldrSkies said:
_crazy_man_ said:
BaldrSkies said:

The article says the emptiness was very apparent during the presentations. It was far below expectations for both sessions they held during GDC. This does indeed highlight the dire straits the console is currently in.

I wouldn't use the article or the photo from it if it wasn't an accurate representation. Just letting people know what is going on with the Wii U.

O sorry didn't know you read Japanese.

My bad.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)