By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Video shows Wii U performance after April update. From ~20 seconds to ~6 seconds!

Finally. As much as I like my Wii U, the OS was horribly unoptimized and made the system feel rushed.

Around the Network

Wow, alot faster!

Nintendo Direct incoming.... lol.

That's a big time improvement.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BaldrSkies said:

This is good news. Hopefully it doesn't only apply to closing games, because they are a bit too specific in the video description:

"This video shows how the loading time will change when returning to the Wii U Menu with the system update scheduled for release in April, 2013."

Couldn't they have made the video a minute longer and showed loading up another program, or the system settings menu at least?

I'm guessing that they just wanted to make a short video that got straight to the point. The decription is self explanatory

Around the Network

This is a nice paste from Nintendo, I would to see more videos like this. Keep gamers up to date with the hardware and what not. Hope there more to this update.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

This is fantastic! The long loading times are by far my biggest gripe for the Wii U.. aside from the lack of games.

It should never have been this atrocious to begin with, but nonetheless I'm super excited for this update. =)

Now they need to make it instant. Who knows if that is even possible though.
I'm betting the next XBox's menus will be buttery smooth. Hopefully the PS4s as well. I'm tired of these ridiculous slow downs when accessing the XMB in-game.....

They need to fix the download speeds now. The updates take forever to download as it is.

About Damn time