By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Atelier Escha & Logy PS3 Scans (AMAZING anime-style graphics) (Up: Boxart and Gameplay Videos)

Thank you for the pwetty scans the game looks really good, if it gets localized next year like usual I believe next year might be another good year for jrpgs.

Around the Network

I'm gonna play and replay the shit out of this game

_crazy_man_ said:
JayWood2010 said:
It looks like 90% of every anime character I have ever seen before

Pink Hair? Check

Anime Eyes? Check

Short Skirt? Check

Even as a manga lover as I am, I must agree.

Don't for get:

Loly of ~ 13 yrs of age & a magical short staff to along with the package.

I'm almost ready to call it quits on anime. It's been a long time since I've seen any type of creativity or originality from that genre. All I see is cookie-cutter characters designs & no story depth, Stills/Pan for animation and no longer the passionate animated cut scenes that made one appreaciate the genre. Maybe it was all that outsourcing to Korea? Alas I'm too ignorate on the subject to really know when it began to go south for me. Now all I see in an industry shoving out crap much like Hollywood. Am I getting old?

-edit: I forgot to add in what how this ties in withe OP. Sorry.

P.S. My distaste in the anime industry is leaking into games like these. I know I'm pre-judging, but I can't help it. Just looking at the characters from this game makes me think of bad animes.

DraconianAC said:
_crazy_man_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

Pink Hair? Check

Anime Eyes? Check

Short Skirt? Check

Don't for get:

I'm almost ready to call it quits on anime. It's been a long time since I've seen any type of creativity or originality from that genre. All I see is cookie-cutter characters designs & no story depth, Stills/Pan for animation and no longer the passionate animated cut scenes that made one appreaciate the genre. Maybe it was all that outsourcing to Korea? Alas I'm too ignorate on the subject to really know when it began to go south for me. Now all I see in an industry shoving out crap much like Hollywood. Am I getting old?

Yeah most modern anime/manga all seem the same to me.

Man there was a great pic that showed how the desgins have changed over the years and I cna't seem to find it. :(

Really showed how deformed things have gotten.  It's really story that drives me today.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

>_> the thread is being derailed again. Fantastic.

OT:
Wow at the scans!! can't wait!!

Sorry, my fault. The scans look very colorful & I demand to know how Escha's hat stays in place.

Those scans look awesome. I am very interested in this, especially if Logy is bringing a more traditional style to the series.

Idea of making the game differ that much in the playstyle based on your choice of main character is really interesting. I think Gust will have to work on their storylines and especially their battle system if they want to make one of the choices a traditional RPG, though, because without the charm of a smaller story driven by learning alchemy I think the last few games would probably have pretty dull storylines, also the worlds aren't the size you'd expect from a general RPG because you end up going back to places you've visited before for gathering materials. Be curious to see how they make it work, and it'll be fun to have an actual reason to play through a game twice.

DraconianAC said:
_crazy_man_ said:
JayWood2010 said:

Pink Hair? Check

Anime Eyes? Check

Short Skirt? Check

Don't for get:

-edit: I forgot to add in what how this ties in withe OP. Sorry.

P.S. My distaste in the anime industry is leaking into games like these. I know I'm pre-judging, but I can't help it. Just looking at the characters from this game makes me think of bad animes.

Thanks for this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.