By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Atelier Escha & Logy PS3 Scans (AMAZING anime-style graphics) (Up: Boxart and Gameplay Videos)

Soriku said:

Sorry bro

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
rutea7 said:
JayWood2010 said:
rutea7 said:
What is it supposed to stand out from? Since when does art style affect graphics and animation quality? The 3d models look improved, I'm betting the animation is more fluid from previous titles as well, they've been improving that every game.
Does it look like a Dragon ball game? Naruto? Bleach? A studio ghibli game? No, it looks like an Atelier game like its supposed to. Now stop talking about stuff you clearly know nothing about. Anime is something you are clearly "color blind" about so stop saying the sky is orange.

Ive clearly said numerous times it looks better than previous games.  I said numerous times that it doesnt need to look different.  Ive even explained that I misunderstood the original title explaining my original post.  However having numerous people come in here telling me Im wrong yet can not answer what I originally said is pointless.  It doesnt stand out.  Does it need to? No  I've even stated that this isnt just exclusive to anime.  I said the entire industry. And not one time did i say a single bad thing about this game or series.

Stop trying to soften what you really said, you said the character design looks generic like all the anime character designs. Which is wrong and you got called for it by several people, the characters look like atelier characters as expected, they don't look like tales games characters or persona characters, so admit you talked shit about something you don't know enough about to opiniate.

Its ok not to know about something you clearly don't appreciate, but you need to learn when to shut up about it, you clearly don't, even after several people told you so.

Im not softening up my comment.  I have stood behind it since the beginning.  Not one person has showed me that Im wrong about that because I havent been.  Standing out doesnt make it good or bad.  As you said it doesnt need to stand out.  Nothing else needs to be said.

It does stand out, it stands out among the other atelier titles its an improvement in visuals. Hence why he created this thread, hence the title itself and hence why your post was ignorant and disrespectful.

Soriku said:

Perfect response.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

rutea7 said:
JayWood2010 said:
rutea7 said:
JayWood2010 said:
rutea7 said:
What is it supposed to stand out from? Since when does art style affect graphics and animation quality? The 3d models look improved, I'm betting the animation is more fluid from previous titles as well, they've been improving that every game.
Does it look like a Dragon ball game? Naruto? Bleach? A studio ghibli game? No, it looks like an Atelier game like its supposed to. Now stop talking about stuff you clearly know nothing about. Anime is something you are clearly "color blind" about so stop saying the sky is orange.

Ive clearly said numerous times it looks better than previous games.  I said numerous times that it doesnt need to look different.  Ive even explained that I misunderstood the original title explaining my original post.  However having numerous people come in here telling me Im wrong yet can not answer what I originally said is pointless.  It doesnt stand out.  Does it need to? No  I've even stated that this isnt just exclusive to anime.  I said the entire industry. And not one time did i say a single bad thing about this game or series.

Stop trying to soften what you really said, you said the character design looks generic like all the anime character designs. Which is wrong and you got called for it by several people, the characters look like atelier characters as expected, they don't look like tales games characters or persona characters, so admit you talked shit about something you don't know enough about to opiniate.

Its ok not to know about something you clearly don't appreciate, but you need to learn when to shut up about it, you clearly don't, even after several people told you so.

Im not softening up my comment.  I have stood behind it since the beginning.  Not one person has showed me that Im wrong about that because I havent been.  Standing out doesnt make it good or bad.  As you said it doesnt need to stand out.  Nothing else needs to be said.

It does stand out, it stands out among the other atelier titles its an improvement in visuals. Hence why he created this thread, hence the title itself and hence why your post was ignorant and disrespectful.

Go back to me and Soriku's conversation. I misunderstood the OP's title.  It clearly looks better than previous games and Ive stated that.  

Well, waste of time.

@OP: I hope you update this when there's more scans or maybe even gameplay.
Ayesha's official site was very nice with some nice soundtrack samples, I hope they open the one for this game soon.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
rutea7 said:
Well, waste of time.

@OP: I hope you update this when there's more scans or maybe even gameplay.
Ayesha's official site was very nice with some nice soundtrack samples, I hope they open the one for this game soon.

Edited the OP with a front-facing scan of the girl. Not sure why it was sideways to begin with...

Thumbs up

Edit: confirmed direct sequel to ayesha: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/27/4152024/gust-announces-atelier-escha-logy-a-direct-rpg-sequel-to-atelier

I'm actually really excited for this game

JayWood2010 said:

Go back to me and Soriku's conversation. I misunderstood the OP's title.  It clearly looks better than previous games and Ive stated that.  

The question is, what is it going to take to show you how it stands out?
Would you like me to post other video-game girls? Would you like me to again explain the artstyles using color-pencil and computer vs say all computer, or watercolor, or hard pencil, or cel-shading? You say it doesn't stand out, and posted pictures of girls who are very much different than the protagonist, yet you think they are the same, so how are we supposed to show you it stands out if you ignore art technique, clothing, hair, and style?

theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Would you like me to post other video-game girls? Would you like me to again explain the artstyles using color-pencil and computer vs say all computer, or watercolor, or hard pencil, or cel-shading? You say it doesn't stand out, and posted pictures of girls who are very much different than the protagonist, yet you think they are the same, so how are we supposed to show you it stands out if you ignore art technique, clothing, hair, and style?

I'll try and explain my point of view.  Not that the girls themselves look exactly the same, that was never my point.  I'm saying that they tend to have similar eyes, skirts, similar hair etc.  Don't get me wrong, I have this problem with all games and not with anime alone.  Specially FPS games.  The market is flooded with FPS games in the West but very little of them stands out.  

I'm sure you could probably explain it but i am not talking about the shadings. The new Medal of Honor physically has different shading than games like call of duty and battlefield but it was also very similar and never really stood out.  While games like Killzone, Halo, and even Crysis is easily recognizable.  There for a while I was rolling my eyes are the big macho men that was made popular by Gears of War.  I love gears of War but I dont want to see TPS's getting plagued with the same art styles.  

There are great Anime shows and I know plenty of people who love them.  There is great JRPG games and Ive played some of them.

You could probably point out to me how it is different, I really don't know, but nobody has done that.  Everybody is just coming in here saying Im wrong but not really saying why Im wrong.  

I'll admit my original statment was wrong in the sense that I misunderstood the OP but I still feel that way.  And I still feel that games that stand out are the ones that accel.  Not saying this game is going to fail because Im not.  Im just saying I stand behind what I said.  Ive offered to talk about this on your wall and even commented there instead of here so let's stop argueing. 

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:

You could probably point out to me how it is different, I really don't know, but nobody has done that.  Everybody is just coming in here saying Im wrong but not really saying why Im wrong.  

I'll admit my original statment was wrong in the sense that I misunderstood the OP but I still feel that way.  And I still feel that games that stand out are the ones that accel.  Not saying this game is going to fail because Im not.  Im just saying I stand behind what I said.  Ive offered to talk about this on your wall and even commented there instead of here so let's stop argueing. 

The biggest problem is that people have broke down your examples used one by one and pointed out how its different. Despite that, you just flat disagree. It's almost to the point where something is blatant and the refusal of it is just puzzling.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.