By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans, why don't you....

Tagged games:

Do you like InFamous?

Yea, it's Sony's best IP 14 4.64%

Yes, it's one of Sony's better IP's 160 52.98%

Kinda, no more then other exclusives 39 12.91%

Not really, but I'm glad we have it 28 9.27%

No, I hate the game 24 7.95%

Never Played It 24 7.95%

See Results 13 4.30%

Total:302

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm the Sony fan you described. I love Infamous and regularly try to praise it where I can. Outstanding game.

Conversely, I don't particularly like Killzone having played the second game; and I've never played a God of War game. Just never had the desire to, though that may change since I adored Heavenly Sword.

I do love Uncharted though. My favourite Sony IP is Ratchet, I really like WipEout and LittleBigPlanet as well. And Wild ARMs & Jak, but I feel like we probably won't be hearing from them again.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Like the OP's other thread, I also adore this game. There was just something that made it click for me, even if I only bought it initially for Uncharted 2 beta access. The problem is, it just never gained great traction sales wise, so it isn't as important as Sony's other franchises

Out of those franchises, I think only Killzone should really continue. Resistance was never a big seller after the first one and I personally never bothered to play the 2nd (it is sitting over to my left barely touched) though I am certainly tempted after the good reception of the 3rd. I said many times on this forum that I feel Kratos has had his time, but he does sell....

Anyway, I feel Sony did a great job introducing new and interesting franchises from their 1st and 3rd party studios (though of course, now Sucker Punch is 1st party and Insomniac not even 3rd party) and I hope they do the same again this gen. It is rare that series actually justify more than about 3 games, there are only so many things you can do apart from just changing characters. It is probably good for the studios to have a bit of change as well

Of course, new IPs are far more risky than sequels, but Sony has generally kept a good balance

I think Sony should focus on just making 1 of each of their franchises for each generation.

I just atleast want to be able to play 1 Resistance for PS4. I feel like we didn't need that many Ratchet and Clank games this gen. All we need is 1 installment from each of their franchises. They should just pump each game with quality and release it with good advertising and just  let it sell for the whole generation.

1 game per generation? GT style? SCE would have to fire at least half their employees. I feel Ratchet has been excessive, but other than that there have been an acceptable number. Developers can make great games in 2 years (see Uncharted 2), maybe stretch that to 3 years and you get 2 games per gen and enough time for good quality

Munkeh111 said:
enditall727 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Like the OP's other thread, I also adore this game. There was just something that made it click for me, even if I only bought it initially for Uncharted 2 beta access. The problem is, it just never gained great traction sales wise, so it isn't as important as Sony's other franchises

Out of those franchises, I think only Killzone should really continue. Resistance was never a big seller after the first one and I personally never bothered to play the 2nd (it is sitting over to my left barely touched) though I am certainly tempted after the good reception of the 3rd. I said many times on this forum that I feel Kratos has had his time, but he does sell....

Anyway, I feel Sony did a great job introducing new and interesting franchises from their 1st and 3rd party studios (though of course, now Sucker Punch is 1st party and Insomniac not even 3rd party) and I hope they do the same again this gen. It is rare that series actually justify more than about 3 games, there are only so many things you can do apart from just changing characters. It is probably good for the studios to have a bit of change as well

Of course, new IPs are far more risky than sequels, but Sony has generally kept a good balance

I think Sony should focus on just making 1 of each of their franchises for each generation.

I just atleast want to be able to play 1 Resistance for PS4. I feel like we didn't need that many Ratchet and Clank games this gen. All we need is 1 installment from each of their franchises. They should just pump each game with quality and release it with good advertising and just  let it sell for the whole generation.

1 game per generation? GT style? SCE would have to fire at least half their employees. I feel Ratchet has been excessive, but other than that there have been an acceptable number. Developers can make great games in 2 years (see Uncharted 2), maybe stretch that to 3 years and you get 2 games per gen and enough time for good quality

well not all of them

like we got over 3 ratchets and and over 3 Jak & Daxters during the 6th generation so i was expecting to get atleast 1 or 2 Jak and Dax games respectively. What we got was 0 jaks and 32 Ratchet & Clanks lol

we got 3 Uncharteds and 3 Resistance games this gen so i'm expecting to get atleast 1 or 2 from each next gen. I really hope we don't have 3 Uncharteds next gen. all we really need is like 2 at max.

I hope Naughty Dog can get around to atleast pumping out 1 Jak game next gen along with the Next Uncharted and other games they plan on introducing

I also hate not getting an installment in games that made me like PlayStation. like where the fuck was Ape Escape, Parappa The Rapper, Medievil, Jak, Wild Arms, Dark Cloud 3 etc

I just want them to atleast make 1 installment from each of their franchises each gen. I still want a QUALITY Twisted Metal on PS4 and a QUALITY Socom on PS4.

that's what i'm saying

So the consensus is.....PS3 fans like InFamous, but don't really like it as much as they like other franchises.

Huh....my taste in games sure is different from a straight Sony or Nintendo fan.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

enditall727 said:
Munkeh111 said:
enditall727 said:
Munkeh111 said:

well not all of them

like we got over 3 ratchets and and over 3 Jak & Daxters during the 6th generation so i was expecting to get atleast 1 or 2 Jak and Dax games respectively. What we got was 0 jaks and 32 Ratchet & Clanks lol

So Insomniac aren't Sony developers, but I feel that they had a contract with a number of games, so kind of rushed through them. It is also true that most of the game weren't full games and Insomniac were beginning to experiment with the franchise given the very average sales of the games

As for Jak, ND did do some work, but couldn't come up with anything that satisfied them. The difference between Insomniac and ND is that the former started as a 2 team studio, so could move onto new things while keeping Ratchet going, ND could not and now they have moved on

we got 3 Uncharteds and 3 Resistance games this gen so i'm expecting to get atleast 1 or 2 from each next gen. I really hope we don't have 3 Uncharteds next gen. all we really need is like 2 at max.

You could certainly not criticse Uncharted for lacking quality, they produced quality titles which sold tons, I just don't understand how you can criticise that

I hope Naughty Dog can get around to atleast pumping out 1 Jak game next gen along with the Next Uncharted and other games they plan on introducing

Well we will see. I don't feel that the Last of Us will lead to a franchise, so maybe that team can work on a Jak game. But as I said before, they have thought about it, but feel that they couldn't do anything to justify its return.

I also hate not getting an installment in games that made me like PlayStation. like where the fuck was Ape Escape, Parappa The Rapper, Medievil, Jak, Wild Arms, Dark Cloud 3 etc

None of those games sold decently. Also, some of the studios aren't owned by Sony and many have moved onto Vita games. But the main thing is, Sony is keen to keep introducing many new franchises only really coming close to abusing those that sell bucketloads (God of War, Uncharted etc)

I just want them to atleast make 1 installment from each of their franchises each gen. I still want a QUALITY Twisted Metal on PS4 and a QUALITY Socom on PS4.

Well they got the Twisted Metal team to make a game and they did not deliver and it did not sell, that franchise is dead. SOCOM again failed and Zipper is no more, I wouldn't expect another SOCOM

that's what i'm saying

I think you have to accept that Sony is going to move on from unsuccesful franchises and keep trying to come up with new and interesting games. The fact is, many of the games you reference just didn't sell that well and generally weren't that well received. I feel Sony does a good job in giving their studios freedom, but also ensuring productivity. Now more than ever, their own studios have to be pumping out high quality and high selling exclusives and Sony is not going to waste people's time with average selling or average quality games.

Around the Network

Infamous is the best series I never had to pay for. First welcome back gift, second through ps+. I never felt compelled to pay full price for them, I would have bought them as a $40 release though. Solid games but nothing that really screams buy me now.

Killzone 2 and 3 are great as an assault on the senses. Lovely on a projector screen with the sound on full, pure Michael Bay entertainment, nothing more. And sometimes that's enough.

God of war was simply great, both wow factor and gameplay. I really enjoyed the HD collection as well. But now I'm a bit bored of the series, not shelling out $60 for GoW:A

This gen has lasted a year too long imo. The wow factor will be back as ps4 launch titles. So I'm not worried for Kilzone SF and Infamous SS.

Michael-5 said:
So the consensus is.....PS3 fans like InFamous, but don't really like it as much as they like other franchises.

Huh....my taste in games sure is different from a straight Sony or Nintendo fan.

The consensus is "De gustibus non est disputandum". Like with other things in life it's a matter of personal preference. 

I liked Killzone 3 over 2 as well; the sloppy controls, lack of gameplay variety, and monotonous settings really let KZ2 down, but KZ3 fixed all these things.

When I bought a PS3, I tried out all of Sony's New IP's (Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, LBP, Motorstorm, etc, etc)

The only one I can honestly say I would buy another installment of is Infamous. It's easily my favorite Sony IP. It's the only franchise that feels like it should continue to get sequels. Uncharted is extremely stale, Killzone is meh, LBP frankly only needs one game with it's incredibly robust level creator (it also feels stale to me now) and Motorstorm also feels stale.

I will buy a PS4 the day I can get second son. So happy the franchise is continuing.

Munkeh111 said:
enditall727 said:
Munkeh111 said:
enditall727 said:
Munkeh111 said:

well not all of them

So Insomniac aren't Sony developers, but I feel that they had a contract with a number of games, so kind of rushed through them. It is also true that most of the game weren't full games and Insomniac were beginning to experiment with the franchise given the very average sales of the games

As for Jak, ND did do some work, but couldn't come up with anything that satisfied them. The difference between Insomniac and ND is that the former started as a 2 team studio, so could move onto new things while keeping Ratchet going, ND could not and now they have moved on

You could certainly not criticse Uncharted for lacking quality, they produced quality titles which sold tons, I just don't understand how you can criticise that

Well we will see. I don't feel that the Last of Us will lead to a franchise, so maybe that team can work on a Jak game. But as I said before, they have thought about it, but feel that they couldn't do anything to justify its return.

None of those games sold decently. Also, some of the studios aren't owned by Sony and many have moved onto Vita games. But the main thing is, Sony is keen to keep introducing many new franchises only really coming close to abusing those that sell bucketloads (God of War, Uncharted etc)

Well they got the Twisted Metal team to make a game and they did not deliver and it did not sell, that franchise is dead. SOCOM again failed and Zipper is no more, I wouldn't expect another SOCOM

that's what i'm saying

I think you have to accept that Sony is going to move on from unsuccesful franchises and keep trying to come up with new and interesting games. The fact is, many of the games you reference just didn't sell that well and generally weren't that well received. I feel Sony does a good job in giving their studios freedom, but also ensuring productivity. Now more than ever, their own studios have to be pumping out high quality and high selling exclusives and Sony is not going to waste people's time with average selling or average quality games.

yea that's why they should PUMP THESE BITCHES WITH QUALITY!!  these games all sold well at 1 point WHEN THEY WERE QUALITY

it can still happen

Edit: wait hold on, i didn't notice that you replied within my comment.. hold on

Double Edit: I still think Twisted Metal could do well on PS4 as long as they dont bullshit around with it.

I never criticised ND about quality. I just don't want 3 Uncharteds next gen.

and yea, i dont know what the hell was going on over at Zipper. I dont know who they could give Socom to but i still want to see atleast 1 QUALITY Socom next gen