By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans, why don't you....

Tagged games:

Do you like InFamous?

Yea, it's Sony's best IP 14 4.64%

Yes, it's one of Sony's better IP's 160 52.98%

Kinda, no more then other exclusives 39 12.91%

Not really, but I'm glad we have it 28 9.27%

No, I hate the game 24 7.95%

Never Played It 24 7.95%

See Results 13 4.30%

Total:302

I love InFamous! First platinum too. InFamous 2 was a nice graphics boost but wasn't as cool as the first one, that stand alone vampire DLC was awesome though. The UGC was a fun add too. I am more excited for InFamous Second Son than any other PS4 game.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Like the OP's other thread, I also adore this game. There was just something that made it click for me, even if I only bought it initially for Uncharted 2 beta access. The problem is, it just never gained great traction sales wise, so it isn't as important as Sony's other franchises

Out of those franchises, I think only Killzone should really continue. Resistance was never a big seller after the first one and I personally never bothered to play the 2nd (it is sitting over to my left barely touched) though I am certainly tempted after the good reception of the 3rd. I said many times on this forum that I feel Kratos has had his time, but he does sell....

Anyway, I feel Sony did a great job introducing new and interesting franchises from their 1st and 3rd party studios (though of course, now Sucker Punch is 1st party and Insomniac not even 3rd party) and I hope they do the same again this gen. It is rare that series actually justify more than about 3 games, there are only so many things you can do apart from just changing characters. It is probably good for the studios to have a bit of change as well

Of course, new IPs are far more risky than sequels, but Sony has generally kept a good balance

I think Sony should focus on just making 1 of each of their franchises for each generation.

I just atleast want to be able to play 1 Resistance for PS4. I feel like we didn't need that many Ratchet and Clank games this gen. All we need is 1 installment from each of their franchises. They should just pump each game with quality and release it with good advertising and just  let it sell for the whole generation.

Ratchet and Clank is my favorite series ever but those last 2 shouldn't have ever happened.  They've uselessly fatigued the series with move/family/tower defense games and I hate the direction.  ACiT is my favorite game this gen and possibly my favorite ever.  It sold better than either of the last 2 so I'm not sure what their deal was with switching to that style but it backfired.  They should just make one next gen and take their time to send the series off on a high note by concluding the Lombax story.  Please Insomniac, no more BSing the fans with these crappy spin offs and bastardizations of your beloved IP.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Kresnik said:
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm the Sony fan you described. I love Infamous and regularly try to praise it where I can. Outstanding game.

Conversely, I don't particularly like Killzone having played the second game; and I've never played a God of War game. Just never had the desire to, though that may change since I adored Heavenly Sword.

I do love Uncharted though. My favourite Sony IP is Ratchet, I really like WipEout and LittleBigPlanet as well. And Wild ARMs & Jak, but I feel like we probably won't be hearing from them again.

get Saga my friend you can find it under $30 on Ebay and it's 5 games.  If you like it try out Ascension as the MP is fantastic (I never play MP but have put a ton of hours into it on GoW Ascension).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Tom3k said:
Michael-5 said:
So the consensus is.....PS3 fans like InFamous, but don't really like it as much as they like other franchises.

Huh....my taste in games sure is different from a straight Sony or Nintendo fan.

The consensus is "De gustibus non est disputandum". Like with other things in life it's a matter of personal preference. 

LOL, yes that's true.

I still love InFamous, and trust me, my preference in games is very different from most.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

ever rant about InFamous?

I'm just curious, I think InFamous is a really underappreciatted title, and probably the best IP Sony has after Gran Turismo and Uncharted, but it's only doing alright in terms of sales, and I rarely see it in debates?

2. Also why do you guys like God of War and Killzone so much? I mean, I know everytone has their own preferences, but God of War outsells all other hack and slash games by quite a margin (Devil May Cry 1 is second selling nearly 3 million, most compeditors sell around 1 where GoW is 5 million average). Killzone on the other hand sells only alright, yet it has a strong fanboy backing.

3. Also are you worried about the future of all three of these franchises? God of War Ascension's metascore was only an 80, a full 12% lower then God of War 3, and Killzone 3 was an 84, which is still good, but a full 7% lower then Killzone 2. Are you worried that Killzone SF and InFamous SS might not compare to their PS3 counterparts?

I think your math is bad (80+12%=89.6, 84+7%=89.88 =P). That being said, inFamous is pretty good. I have both games and am awaiting the next one for PS4. I don't really care if people buy it or not, or if they go on a rant about it. I don't know why you should.

Around the Network
Mensrea said:
When I bought a PS3, I tried out all of Sony's New IP's (Uncharted, Killzone, Infamous, LBP, Motorstorm, etc, etc)

The only one I can honestly say I would buy another installment of is Infamous. It's easily my favorite Sony IP. It's the only franchise that feels like it should continue to get sequels. Uncharted is extremely stale, Killzone is meh, LBP frankly only needs one game with it's incredibly robust level creator (it also feels stale to me now) and Motorstorm also feels stale.

I will buy a PS4 the day I can get second son. So happy the franchise is continuing.

i couldn't agree more with what you said about Little Big Planet

I feel that LBP is THE game that only needs 1 installment each gen. I never admitted this before but when LBP 2 was announced, i thought to myself "what? what's the point in making another LBP right now? we don't really need another"

I hope we just get 1 QUALITY Little Big Planet next gen and i guess they could probably make another LBP Karting game a few years later down the line since its  a racing game(hopefully it will be quality aswell)

I also hope we get ATLEAST 1 quality Motorstorm next gen. We really dont need 4. All we need is 1

I don't like infamous at all. I've earned two of the games for free and I didn't care to play them much at all.

infamous is my favorite game this generation.

Hynad said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm just curious, I think InFamous is a really underappreciatted title, and probably the best IP Sony has after Gran Turismo and Uncharted, but it's only doing alright in terms of sales, and I rarely see it in debates?

2. Also why do you guys like God of War and Killzone so much? I mean, I know everytone has their own preferences, but God of War outsells all other hack and slash games by quite a margin (Devil May Cry 1 is second selling nearly 3 million, most compeditors sell around 1 where GoW is 5 million average). Killzone on the other hand sells only alright, yet it has a strong fanboy backing.

3. Also are you worried about the future of all three of these franchises? God of War Ascension's metascore was only an 80, a full 12% lower then God of War 3, and Killzone 3 was an 84, which is still good, but a full 7% lower then Killzone 2. Are you worried that Killzone SF and InFamous SS might not compare to their PS3 counterparts?

I think your math is bad (80+12%=89.6, 84+7%=89.88 =P). That being said, inFamous is pretty good. I have both games and am awaiting the next one for PS4. I don't really care if people buy it or not, or if they go on a rant about it. I don't know why you should.

Whoops, I meant 12 points. 92/100-12/100 = 80/100. I'm just used to seeing 80/100 expressed as 80%, too much math for today.

People should rant about it because ranting builds hype, and hype builds sales, and sales justify for higher budgets in sequels. Plus if forums are filled with people ranting about InFamous, then the ocassional Sony dev that strolls by can see that the hardcore want more InFamous (just like the hardcore Nintendo fans want XenoBlade), and will make sure to deliver a good one, even if sales aren't spectacular.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Hynad said:
Michael-5 said:

Whoops, I meant 12 points. 92/100-12/100 = 80/100. I'm just used to seeing 80/100 expressed as 80%, too much math for today.

People should rant about it because ranting builds hype, and hype builds sales, and sales justify for higher budgets in sequels. Plus if forums are filled with people ranting about InFamous, then the ocassional Sony dev that strolls by can see that the hardcore want more InFamous (just like the hardcore Nintendo fans want XenoBlade), and will make sure to deliver a good one, even if sales aren't spectacular.

I knew what you meant. I was just poking some fun... ^_-

I get what you mean though. But I think people will start ranting about Second Son once we get more footage from the game. There's still lots of great games coming for the PS3 that need all the attention they can get before the focus switches entirely to the PS4.