By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans, why don't you....

Tagged games:

Do you like InFamous?

Yea, it's Sony's best IP 14 4.64%

Yes, it's one of Sony's better IP's 160 52.98%

Kinda, no more then other exclusives 39 12.91%

Not really, but I'm glad we have it 28 9.27%

No, I hate the game 24 7.95%

Never Played It 24 7.95%

See Results 13 4.30%

Total:302

Like the OP's other thread, I also adore this game. There was just something that made it click for me, even if I only bought it initially for Uncharted 2 beta access. The problem is, it just never gained great traction sales wise, so it isn't as important as Sony's other franchises

Out of those franchises, I think only Killzone should really continue. Resistance was never a big seller after the first one and I personally never bothered to play the 2nd (it is sitting over to my left barely touched) though I am certainly tempted after the good reception of the 3rd. I said many times on this forum that I feel Kratos has had his time, but he does sell....

Anyway, I feel Sony did a great job introducing new and interesting franchises from their 1st and 3rd party studios (though of course, now Sucker Punch is 1st party and Insomniac not even 3rd party) and I hope they do the same again this gen. It is rare that series actually justify more than about 3 games, there are only so many things you can do apart from just changing characters. It is probably good for the studios to have a bit of change as well

Of course, new IPs are far more risky than sequels, but Sony has generally kept a good balance

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
God of war>killzone>infamous>resistance

That's why we talk about gow more lol. Also the second son trailer was the most watched trailer from the ps4 reveal. More than killzone's.

No Uncharted, Gran Turismo or LBP? Didn't know that about the InFamous trailer.

For me it's

Gran Tursimo>InFamous=Uncharted>Folklore>>>Killzone>>Resistance......and that's about it (Don't like the rest). However Valkyria Chronicles (Sega) Is my #1 for PS3, and I bet Tales of Xillia and The Last of Us will also rise to the top as well.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

infamous is okay,but I like killzone much better. I've played all the god of war games,except for the last one. I don't plan on buying it. I just got tired of it. infamous is fun,but it just did'nt feel epic enough for me. I can't really explain why.

enditall727 said:
JoeTheBro said:

That's why we talk about gow more lol. Also the second son trailer was the most watched trailer from the ps4 reveal. More than killzone's.

idk i liked resistance more than Killzone

and then those GOD DAMNED CONTROLS in Killzone 2 were just.....

I just couldn't get used to it

that's why I customized them...

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I dont like games like GOW but it is always a beautiful game to watch and listen to. Great art direction and music. I find Infamous to be meh and Killzone to be an average FPS(not a fan of the genre as I feel it has hit a creative block about 10 years ago)

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Like the OP's other thread, I also adore this game. There was just something that made it click for me, even if I only bought it initially for Uncharted 2 beta access. The problem is, it just never gained great traction sales wise, so it isn't as important as Sony's other franchises

Out of those franchises, I think only Killzone should really continue. Resistance was never a big seller after the first one and I personally never bothered to play the 2nd (it is sitting over to my left barely touched) though I am certainly tempted after the good reception of the 3rd. I said many times on this forum that I feel Kratos has had his time, but he does sell....

Anyway, I feel Sony did a great job introducing new and interesting franchises from their 1st and 3rd party studios (though of course, now Sucker Punch is 1st party and Insomniac not even 3rd party) and I hope they do the same again this gen. It is rare that series actually justify more than about 3 games, there are only so many things you can do apart from just changing characters. It is probably good for the studios to have a bit of change as well

Of course, new IPs are far more risky than sequels, but Sony has generally kept a good balance

I think Sony should focus on just making 1 of each of their franchises for each generation.

I just atleast want to be able to play 1 Resistance for PS4. I feel like we didn't need that many Ratchet and Clank games this gen. All we need is 1 installment from each of their franchises. They should just pump each game with quality and release it with good advertising and just  let it sell for the whole generation.

I own all 3 and here is the answer

God of War is the best at what it does. NI cant think of any hack n slash that does it as well as GoW.

Killzone 1 was not that great but when KZ2 came out it was great and while it wasnt the best FPS it was in the top 5 FPS's at the time if not the top 3. It fealt unique and different which is why it ranked up in the top. KZ3 just didnt improve upon KZ2

InFamous was the first good super hero game but even though it was good it was never amazing. Just good. Then InFamous 2 came out and did not do much better.

I actually really enjoyed KZ3. I haven't played MP as much as I did on KZ2, but I wouldn't say that it was anything COD like. It was more of the same as in KZ2 with new maps. Why everybody hates on KZ3 is beyond me. I think that KZ3 was better game than KZ2. The campaign was more memorable (at least to me), better paced and more diverse.

When inFamous is concerned I have no idea. I loved both games, even though to me personally the 1st one was better.

GoW is not on my "favorite" games list. To me it's an OK series. I like the technical stuff behind the games, but I never really cared for story or Kratos himself. Combat was fun, the games looked pretty on all platforms but I never cared for world or the characters.

UnitSmiley said:
enditall727 said:
JoeTheBro said:

I actually liked the controls in Killzone 2 :p

It felt different. Both the controls themselves as well as the weightyness to it.

it wasn't even the weight, it was.. idk i cant exactly remember but i remember we sat there for like 10 mins trying to get used to the controls but we couldn't. I tried to switch the button layout in the options but i couldn't do it the way i wanted. We then just downloaded the Killzone 3 demo and it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

But oddly enough, we just played Fat Princess the whole night online lol

enditall727 said:
UnitSmiley said:
enditall727 said:
JoeTheBro said:

I actually liked the controls in Killzone 2 :p

It felt different. Both the controls themselves as well as the weightyness to it.

it wasn't even the weight, it was.. idk i cant exactly remember but i remember we sat there for like 1o mins trying to get used to the controls but we couldn't. I tried to switch the button layout in the options but i couldn't do it the way i wanted. We then just downloaded the Killzone 3 demo and it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.

But oddly enough, we just played Fat Princess online the whole night lol

Lol sounds like fun times!