By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony fans, why don't you....

Tagged games:

Do you like InFamous?

Yea, it's Sony's best IP 14 4.64%

Yes, it's one of Sony's better IP's 160 52.98%

Kinda, no more then other exclusives 39 12.91%

Not really, but I'm glad we have it 28 9.27%

No, I hate the game 24 7.95%

Never Played It 24 7.95%

See Results 13 4.30%

Total:302

I wasn't a fan of the first Infamous. Other than the storyline I didn't like the game too much. It wasn't terrible, there just wasn't much of a variety. Just about every enemy of the three factions were the exact same enemies in a different costume.

Infamous 2 is a different story. The game is amazing and they really fixed everything wrong with the first game. The speed increase for Cole really made a difference, the melee combat was fixed and is now actually useful, shocking enemies with bolts, grenades, and other abilities felt much better because you weren't tied to the same generic abilities the entire game. (Slight ability spoilers, nothing big.) At the beginning you had the alpha versions, but you'd get different bolt types, different grenade types, etc, and it really diversified the gameplay. If you went with the ice powers you'd get ice jump and lightning tether wouldn't be too great an ability for you later on, so fire powers would take full advantage of it over ice, but end game if you ever got good with lightning tether you could end up using it to go from building to building like Spider-man. I literally mean like Spider-man because the only way you can really keep your momentum is tether from one building, then the other building on the other side of the street, back and forth since it's too difficult to keep afloat tethering buildings that are on the same side, or even the road.

On the first Infamous the entire city, all three islands felt like you were in the exact same place with the exact same enemies that just had more HP and looked different. So not only are the enemies too similar, the city itself looked the same from when you were on the first island to when you were on the final island. On the third game however, every single island is completely different in graphical style, and not only each island, but different parts of the city on each of these island were also entirely different. Maybe two to three completely different and unique looking areas on each island. Add to the fact that it's an open world game sporting some of the best visuals and particle effects on the PS3 with no visible frame drops, something that's always impressive.

Finally, in the off chance that you have a good imagination, like to create your own stages, and really loved Infamous 2. There's an level creation system that allows you to create your own mission and story board within that mission. You can't add any buildings or anything, but you can add around 50-100 of any other objects, people, or enemies you find within the game to create your mission wherever in the games world that you want to. I did a quick level only to get the trophy that was required and only one time went back and tried to put forth the effort and failed miserably, but maybe some of you might actually be interested.

Infamous Second Son is one of the games on the PS4 that interests me. Regardless of the fact that I have no idea what the gameplay looks like, I have high hopes for the game just because how good Infamous 2 is and while Festival of Blood was a slight downgrade, it was still overall a very good game. If Second Son is as good or better than Festival of Blood then I'll be happy with it. If it's better than Infamous 2 it might be my GotY.

-

The OP also mentioned God of War and Killzone.

As someone who started playing stylish action games with the original Devil May Cry, or even further back if you take that DMC ripped just about all its gameplay from Dragon Valor and refined it and turned it action instead of action adventure. I played through DMC, DMC2, DMC3, and Lament of Innocence on the PS2. God of War came after DMC and Lament of Innocence.

I actually didn't play God of War until the HD Collection and I was disappointed. It's not button mashing like some people say, but it's close enough. The most used combo in every God of War is going to be s,s, triangle. Plume of Prometheus I think it's called. Any variation of square times however many times and then triangle just does a more powerful version, but the first powerful version and the quickest one is s,s, triangle. Then R1, x, is just way too overpowered in the first one which they removed from future games. Anyways. The gameplay was generic for a stylish action game. Way too repetitive.

Dante's Inferno and Lords of Shadow both came out later and were considered ripoffs to God of War. Ripoffs that actually do far better than the God of War series could ever hope to do on both the gameplay and the story front. God of War had the better music. That's one thing that's always been good in the series, but the story and gameplay is absolute garbage. I'm not a fan. I do think that Ascension is the first one to look like it has a little bit of variety in its gameplay and will eventually try it out like all the others. Even if I'm not a fan like the other titles, the God of War games are atleast decent. They're not terrible games by any means, just not all that great.

As for Killzone. Didn't like the first and the second. I've never played single player to the third one. Only online and I like the online better than Call of Duty. It still has its problems what with the large amount of Saboteurs or the infinite cloaked Marksman, but it's still enjoyable runninig around killing people on this game. The online feels much better on this game and I rarely feel that I should have killed a person on this game when I die. If I die on this game I feel it's because I should have died, which is usually the case as I'm not very good at the FPS genre

I also think everything works better in this game. Call of Duty has so many walls and such that you can shoot through and it's completely random. There are some t hings you're amazed you couldn't shoot through while there are other things that people can shoot through like nothing. 10 feet of solid brick can be shot through yet I can't shoot through a plastic cup. On Killzone 3 you can't shoot through anything so its fair. I'm on level 57 on Black Ops 2 and I've killed one person with a hand grenade. The only time enemies seem to die with grenades are when they jump on them, yet I've killed a lot of people with grenades in Killzone 3, sometimes double and triple kills. Shotguns in Killzone 3 are actually useful. Etc.

Killzone 3 is just a much better game than Call of Duty, and while I'm not a FPS fan, the games are sometimes fun to play..

Around the Network

i have no idea, although the first game sucked, second one was good though

I don't like open world games TBH

Infamous is an excellent ip. Finally a superhero game done right. IF Infamous: Second son is a launch title I could see the IP doing very well

double post

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Infamous is an excellent ip. Finally a superhero game done right. IF Infamous: Second son is a launch title I could see the IP doing very well

batman arkham asylum??

If InFamous were a multiplatform franchise absolutely nobody would talk about it. At least now some Sony fans are worshipping it.

Chrizum said:
If InFamous were a multiplatform franchise absolutely nobody would talk about it. At least now some Sony fans are worshipping it.

nobody really talks about it anyways though...

..unless people talk about exclusives

"Not really, but I'm glad we have it."

It's not my type of game, I tried the demo and didn't really like it at all, but some people seem to really enjoy and so I'm happy for them.

Infamous is very repetitive. Ironically the best part is the story and how it is delivered.
God of War has fantastic locations and characters, albeit not original,
Killzone is different in how it plays to any other current fps. Change is nice.

+80% for any review is good. To be honest, to many reviews are happy to give out 90+ on any factory made game nowadays, so it is no surprise they are slowly pulling back.