By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why i'm going full digital next gen..

Tagged games:

A long time ago, before facebook and tweeter you could go to a place in person and actually buy the game you wanted and you didn't need to pay for shipping since you did the shipping from the store to your home yourself. Things were so much easier back then

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:
They purposely delay a few days if you don't pay for the expedited shipping. Basically all of those that do, get preferred treatment and yours is on the B list.

do you have proof on that?  i mean, i fully believe you based on my experiences but do we know that to be true?

I always choose the super saver free shipping (I think it's 5-7 business days?) and I ALWAYS get my order within 2 shipping days. Always. It's probably because I live in california and must be near one of their distro centers, but I would not believe they purposely hold back packages for those who choose cheaper shipping methods.

wfz said:
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:
They purposely delay a few days if you don't pay for the expedited shipping. Basically all of those that do, get preferred treatment and yours is on the B list.

do you have proof on that?  i mean, i fully believe you based on my experiences but do we know that to be true?

I always choose the super saver free shipping (I think it's 5-7 business days?) and I ALWAYS get my order within 2 shipping days. Always. It's probably because I live in california and must be near one of their distro centers, but I would not believe they purposely hold back packages for those who choose cheaper shipping methods.

i always choose super saver shipping too.  my previous order (jak and daxter collection) shipped the day i ordered and arrived within 2 days.  by my pre-order of GoW shipped 7 days after it released.  i NEVER have issues with old games or other products.  ..but every game i've pre-ordered a game from amazon (within the last year or so) i've gotten shitty, terrible, no-good, late services. 

kitler53 said:

Fuck you amazon.com

I preordered GoW:A about 45 day prior to release.  why the fuck does it take 7 days to even fulfill my order and get it shipped?!?!  it's not like it isn't in stock.  when i order an older game it typically ships the same day i place an order but somehow with a massive amount of advanced warning amazon somehow fails miserably.  they finally put it in the mail yesterday and i still won't have GoW:A for another day or two. this isn't the first time either.  infamous 2 took two full weeks to be fullfiled.  I ended up canceling my dark souls preorder and just buying it at good old brick and mortar when they hadn't shipped it on the 5th day post release. 

so fucking tired of amazon...

Downloading a 4gb DVD would take me half a day. An 8gb DVD would take a full day. It would suck up my internet bandwidth and make even watching a youtube video impossible the entire download time.

A game like Metal Gear Solid 4 would take nearly a week of constant downloading. That's a week with my gaming system doing nothing but downloading and my bandwidth dried up.

It would take half the download time to order Metal Gear Solid 4 with UPS 3-Day ground shipping.

UPS is faster than the internet people!

Digital only is not an option if games keep getting bigger and bigger. Besides, if you own the disc you actualy OWN the game. Digital affords you no ownership rights.

bonkers555 said:
I can't do full on digital because of the cost. Not going to pay $60 a game then it become worthless. I buy a physical copy for $60 I know it's worth at least $10 down the road.

forget $60 ones I got Deus Ex last year on BF physical for $15 and sold it on Ebay after I platinumed it for 13.50.  So I only ended up spending $1.50

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

Fuck you amazon.com

I preordered GoW:A about 45 day prior to release.  why the fuck does it take 7 days to even fulfill my order and get it shipped?!?!  it's not like it isn't in stock.  when i order an older game it typically ships the same day i place an order but somehow with a massive amount of advanced warning amazon somehow fails miserably.  they finally put it in the mail yesterday and i still won't have GoW:A for another day or two. this isn't the first time either.  infamous 2 took two full weeks to be fullfiled.  I ended up canceling my dark souls preorder and just buying it at good old brick and mortar when they hadn't shipped it on the 5th day post release. 

so fucking tired of amazon...

Damn, where do you live? I got mine on release day and I didn't even preorder it until 4 days prior to release. You should complain.

OT: My current PS3 collection is 50/50 between digital and physical copies. I suspect it'll stay that way next gen.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

my reason is $$$$$ :(
in colombia games are around 70 to 80 dollars.
and we never see discounts....

First world problems, be glad you are getting it, and be glad you can get your ass to the store and buy it.
I just bought a book and the price of shipping it is more than the book (trilogy set three books actually) $24 + $27 shipping, i would go buy it in store but there isn't any at all here.

and guess how much time im going to wait ? a whole month if not more, just be glad of what you have bro.

kitler53 said:
superchunk said:

Amazon doesn't purposely delay your shipment because you chose the free or non-prime shipping option. It's just that you'll get a lower shipment queue priority. Sometimes it will get shipped and packaged same day if order volumes are low, other times it will take the full allotted time to ship. After that shipment times are in the hands of the carrier.

If you are really upset contact customer service, I'm sure they'll help you out. 

Id like to go completely digital but my internet sucks donkey dick. It took around 12 hours to download DC Heroes on PS3 (something like 20GB). And games will probably only get larger unless they use new compression formats to lower game sizes and encourage digital sales. After all, if they encourage you to go digital they also cut out 2nd hand copies.

But sometimes I just having a physical copy of a game so I can read the manual while on the pot pushin some brown.