By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why i'm going full digital next gen..

Tagged games:

TheKoreanGuy said:

Sort of off topic, but here is what it looks like inside Amazon.

http://imgur.com/a/q1WIO

:o

holy crap!  Clean up in aisle...uh...a lot

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
LilChicken22 said:
Because Amazon is the only store worldwide selling games?

it's not the only one, it's the one that i used to prefer.  now i'm fed up and going to change.  at this point i don't see any reason not to change to full digital.  i have a good quality high speed internet so it is feasible for me and i like the benefits that come along with digital.  i feel like it is a better option for me than brick and mortar at this point.

TruckOSaurus said:
Digital is the best, especially when they let you download the game files before release (but only gets activated on launch day). It's the absolute best way to insure that you're going to play the game on launch day... unless the game is called Sim City or Diablo III of course.

lol.

i've been very happy with my digital only route with vita.  call me spoiled or use #firstworldproblems but whatever,.. i'm just done with discs and amazon and store fronts.

I understand your reasons.

Personally speaking, I still prefer having physical version of games.

Personally, I love Amazon to death. I got Disgaea 4 the day after I ordered, which is incredible. The printer ink I ordered last week also came in the next day. With Prime, which is fantastic, I get pretty much everything in two days.

The last time I had a problem was the year before last. With Prime, you're supposed to get games on the day they release with no shipping charge. Two games out of three came a day late, which isn't really all that bad. Still, I emailed Amazon to say that I wasn't satisfied, as release-day delivery was one of the reasons I got Prime in the first place. The rep told me that they wanted to know about problems like this so they could fix them, promised to pass on my email on to the Prime department, and gave me a $50 credit. Pretty awesome.

Around the Network

They purposely delay a few days if you don't pay for the expedited shipping. Basically all of those that do, get preferred treatment and yours is on the B list.

I buy games from online retailers who have sent me games a day before the release data of a game. You just have to pick the right retailer.

Definitely not for me. If they all go down the digital route I'd just stick to Steam. Disks for consoles, Steam for everything else. I like having physical copies of my games. Plus, I'd actually own them.. not just have a license for it.

Unless digital console games have the same RRP as PC games.. I'll steer well clear.

Or, or, just a really crazy thought here, you can do both! ZOMG! Revelation! Go for whatever is cheaper, if there is no price cut deal at all on launch, go for digital, unless you are on PC, where we are pretty much all digital these days..... but we also have giangantor size HDDs.

I preorder from bestbuy and I always get what I ordered the day it comes out or within the next two days. Go to a store and buy games or put faster shipping on it.