By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why i'm going full digital next gen..

Tagged games:

i agree cant fucking wait

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
First world problems, be glad you are getting it, and be glad you can get your ass to the store and buy it.
I just bought a book and the price of shipping it is more than the book (trilogy set three books actually) $24 + $27 shipping, i would go buy it in store but there isn't any at all here.

and guess how much time im going to wait ? a whole month if not more, just be glad of what you have bro.

o yeah.. I also went 90% digital with my books.. got a Kobo reader.. I also convinced my gf to go digital.. that was a massive space saver... and money too.. weren't your books available digitally?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Also..

and that's on wifi ..so I don't really have any problems downloading big stuff..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I'm not buying digital games that also release on retail because I don't feel they are worth the price. IF they were released at maybe half the price of the boxed game, then I would think about buying them. Otherwise, I don't see any difference between a digital downloaded game and a illegally downloaded one, except that I paid for one and I didn't for the other. Retail games at least come with a nice box and manuals(most of them, anyway), so the high price is justified.

kitler53 said:
superchunk said:
They purposely delay a few days if you don't pay for the expedited shipping. Basically all of those that do, get preferred treatment and yours is on the B list.

do you have proof on that?  i mean, i fully believe you based on my experiences but do we know that to be true?

It seems pretty obvious to me. They only have so many resources to get things shipped, so those who pay extra are essentially put at the front of the line. A new game likely has a lot of people paying to be first. So by default, you're put out a few days. ( also keep in mind they do this expedited shipping with ALL of their products, not just games, so its a big list)

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
PullusPardus said:
First world problems, be glad you are getting it, and be glad you can get your ass to the store and buy it.
I just bought a book and the price of shipping it is more than the book (trilogy set three books actually) $24 + $27 shipping, i would go buy it in store but there isn't any at all here.

and guess how much time im going to wait ? a whole month if not more, just be glad of what you have bro.

o yeah.. I also went 90% digital with my books.. got a Kobo reader.. I also convinced my gf to go digital.. that was a massive space saver... and money too.. weren't your books available digitally?

I read most of stuff on kindle or other Ebooks apps actually the ones I like most I buy, for collection, plus reading on a book is a lot more fun.

You never go full digital.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

superchunk said:
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:
They purposely delay a few days if you don't pay for the expedited shipping. Basically all of those that do, get preferred treatment and yours is on the B list.

do you have proof on that?  i mean, i fully believe you based on my experiences but do we know that to be true?

It seems pretty obvious to me. They only have so many resources to get things shipped, so those who pay extra are essentially put at the front of the line. A new game likely has a lot of people paying to be first. So by default, you're put out a few days. ( also keep in mind they do this expedited shipping with ALL of their products, not just games, so its a big list)

thats not true, I buy stuff from them and sometimes it gets here before deadline but never after the "max" due date.

kitler53 said:
Soriku said:
I don't think I can ever go digital only. There's no guarantee those games will be with there in the future (say if your console breaks down a long time from now and those games aren't available for download anymore...) unlike retail copies.

unlike retail copies?  you mean like the VHSs I threw out because i didn't have a device to play them anymore?  or my cassettes?  if not for digital my CD collection would be useless too.  i've got two boxes full of NES, snes, n64, gc, and gb games i can't really play anymore.  i ended up re-buying my favorite snes games for wii because they breaking out the old snes is just too much work at this point.  actually, i'm not sure my tv even has the right connectors anymore for an nes.

...no guarentee but i have more faith in the longevity of my psn library (via gaikai i hope) than my any of the physicals i've every collected.

The RF switch still works on your tunner input. And It also has a composite port too. Even then. Someone will make a RF/composite/compoent to HDMI adapter.

PullusPardus said:
superchunk said:
kitler53 said:
superchunk said:

thats not true, I buy stuff from them and sometimes it gets here before deadline but never after the "max" due date.

All that suggests is the items you got early had no queue to be in. Basically, paying extra is like gambling. You're betting there are a lot of other orders going through the same distribution point yours will be shipped from and you want to be in front of them, saving a day or so of prep work.