By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Need for Speed MW U "Graphics seem slightly worse compared to other versions"

superchunk said:
VGKing said:
Cue the excuses.

-EA hates Nintendo
-Shitty port
-Wii U has untapped potential
-Game sucks anyway
-I'd rather buy Mario Kart

How about show some proof. Seems like this is one review that is at odds with many others.

Frankly I don't really care so much and wouldn't buy the game on any console, but it sad all others are ignored because one comes out and fits one person's biased conclusions.

Yeah I think you're right about that. We shall wait for Digital Foundry comparison.

Around the Network
firelink said:
Waiting on Digital Foundry for a "proper" comparison is like waiting on a bobsled to drive up a mountain.

So much dog barf comes out of that site that it's ridiculous. Never trust a mainstream tech site. They're full of shit, like trying to count pixels on low-res live feeds, their magical pixel counting software that for some reason no one else has access to, their inconsistent babble, their willingness to jump to conclusions (like saying Wii U's Latte is awful without even knowing what makes up 30% of the chip, and saying the chip is based on R700 when the company who took the picture said it was custom).

meh, DF foundry has always been on point, better then trusting fanboys on the internet i'll tell that much, and they never said wiiu latte is aweful, they said its not nextgen, i actually emailed richard about the 160sp vs 320 and he said he thinks it could be 160 sp even after seeing need for speed wiiu but besides the point, why doesn't nintedno just give us the specs, like everybody else this day and age does with electronics.

curl-6 said:

hunter_alien said:

Its clear as day now, that no game on the WiiU will show that its objectivly far more powerfull than the 360 or PS3, just like the Wii never prooved that is is more powerfull than an Xbox.

The Wii showed it as more powerful than the Xbox wth Mario Galaxy, ett Rocket, and Modern Warfare 3.

And the idea that the Wii U is maxed out within five months of its release is ludicrous, anyone who thinks so clearly knows very little about game development.

To paraphrase what a fellow mod and developer once said to me:

Even the earliest game max out a console. There is no untapped power left, the game already uses everything that there is. The only thing that improve graphics and performance are new technologies, that have the same visible effect but don't need as much processing power.

Thus one could make an Xbox game with those new technologies that may look on par with Super Mario Galaxy.

So from what we know. The WiiU is indeed maxed out at the moment. But this will obviously change over the months/years.

I have stated before, the Wii-U's cpu is simply limiting the gpu. It simply can't communicate fast enough and that's why the Wii-U version will end up looking worse. And yes in other way's Wii-U versions can looking better because of better textures, but that's only because of the larger amount of system memory.

AnthonyW86 said:
I have stated before, the Wii-U's cpu is simply limiting the gpu. It simply can't communicate fast enough and that's why the Wii-U version will end up looking worse. And yes in other way's Wii-U versions can looking better because of better textures, but that's only because of the larger amount of system memory.

Dualing Arnolds!

Multiple reviews say the game looks better on Wii U. 

The developers say it looks better on Wii U

1 Review doesn't 

Who do you think is wrong? 

1 Reviewer or Multiple Reviewers and the developers.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
curl-6 said:

hunter_alien said:

Its clear as day now, that no game on the WiiU will show that its objectivly far more powerfull than the 360 or PS3, just like the Wii never prooved that is is more powerfull than an Xbox.

The Wii showed it as more powerful than the Xbox wth Mario Galaxy, ett Rocket, and Modern Warfare 3.

And the idea that the Wii U is maxed out within five months of its release is ludicrous, anyone who thinks so clearly knows very little about game development.

To paraphrase what a fellow mod and developer once said to me:

Even the earliest game max out a console. There is no untapped power left, the game already uses everything that there is. The only thing that improve graphics and performance are new technologies, that have the same visible effect but don't need as much processing power.

Thus one could make an Xbox game with those new technologies that may look on par with Super Mario Galaxy.

So from what we know. The WiiU is indeed maxed out at the moment. But this will obviously change over the months/years.

Maxing something out isn't using every MB of RAM, it's using it as efficiently as possible. Anyone can throw a bunch of unoptimized code at a console and overload it, but that's not maxing it out.

curl-6 said:

hunter_alien said:

The Wii showed it as more powerful than the Xbox wth Mario Galaxy, Jett Rocket, and Modern Warfare 3.

I havent stated that, dont [put it in my mouth. Yet we still dont see any games on the WiiU that looks as good as halo4/Uncharted 3, like it or not, and at the moment its pretty much guaranteed IMO that much better looking games wont come to the WiiU.

I havent played Jett Rocket, so I wont comment on that, but lets be honest neither MG or MW3 on the Wii didnt do anything far better than what SC4/H2/D3/HL2 did on the original Xbox... lets dont fool ourselves, OK?

Nintendo will never have any advantage in the graphical department, and I am baffeled that with the WiiU, for Nintendo fans graphics do matter all the sudden. I believed that gameplay is all that mattares. Or was I wrong?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

There were a LOT of PS3 games ported from 360 that looked terrible by comparison to the originals. You guys mean to tell me it's because the PS3 was weaker than the 360?

the_dengle said:
There were a LOT of PS3 games ported from 360 that looked terrible by comparison to the originals. You guys mean to tell me it's because the PS3 was weaker than the 360?

ps3 in some ways is  weaker then 360, if you asked which was the over all more powerful console, i would say 360, just because most multiplatform games look better on it, everybody agree there prett much on par.

hunter_alien said:
curl-6 said:

hunter_alien said:

The Wii showed it as more powerful than the Xbox wth Mario Galaxy, Jett Rocket, and Modern Warfare 3.

I havent stated that, dont [put it in my mouth. Yet we still dont see any games on the WiiU that looks as good as halo4/Uncharted 3, like it or not, and at the moment its pretty much guaranteed IMO that much better looking games wont come to the WiiU.

I havent played Jett Rocket, so I wont comment on that, but lets be honest neither MG or MW3 on the Wii didnt do anything far better than what SC4/H2/D3/HL2 did on the original Xbox... lets dont fool ourselves, OK?

Nintendo will never have any advantage in the graphical department, and I am baffeled that with the WiiU, for Nintendo fans graphics do matter all the sudden. I believed that gameplay is all that mattares. Or was I wrong?

I was addressing claims across the thread, not you specifically, with that part. It look 5/7 years to get Uncharted 3/Halo 4 out of the PS3/360, Wii U hasn't even been out for one year, and nobody has even really tried to push its capabilities with an exclusive yet.

Mario Galaxy pushed tons of multitexturing (star bits, coins, metal, ice, water, lava, etc) reflective and refractive materials, rim lighting on pretty much everything, high quality particle effects, and tricks like fur shading and heat distortion, and did it all at 60fps; no Xbox game did as much. And Modern Warfare 3 pushed the Wii's CPU and memory very hard, and the Wii has a better CPU and more RAM than the Xbox.

And gameplay matters far more than graphics and always has; this won't change for me. If I really wanted graphics I'd save up for a nuclear-powered gaming PC cooled by angel's tears. ;)